Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Debt limit reached? Borrow more!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Re: Debt limit reached? Borrow more!

Quote Originally Posted by Condition Zero
    I believe the problems we now face in the budget are due in part to the mindset of the people making the decisions for our country.

Kennedy said ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country. I believe all government jobs are service jobs. It is an honor to service the country. And monetary compensation is a necesity for surivival. The honor is the true compensation. Politics is not a career! It is a tool to get things done. Can I have a career in hammer? I am not convinced everyone sees it that way.

I believe government employees should be paid what "we" can afford to pay them, say maybe the average income of john q tax payer. You too prez! Employees need to be accountable for their decisions and how much those decisions cost the governement, in this case. Maybe someone should be fired? I know I would be fired for costing my employer 10 times my yearly salary for a dumb decision I convinced everyone would work.

It seems like there is no motivation to do a good job, there is only motivation to take more from "us" and move up the political ladder, make more money, and hide from accountability behind the curtain of bureaucracy. How is it fair the representatives of this nation do not live like the rest of the nation?

My understanding of the problem is very simplistic. I do not claim to have much experience in understanding the scope of such a missive, global and infititely complex set of variables. I am human. And that is my point. None of the people we pay to make decisions on our behalf can understand it all either.

Fundamentally, the governement, in my opinion, is too large and too complex. I would appreciate a more simple approach. The recession is a perfect example. It would be wrong and dangerous for me to spend more than I make. To continue to pay for a maid I cannot afford. And borrow more to pay for what I cannot afford to pay already. It sounds like that is what is happening with "our" money.

The two party system, in my opinion, is a great way to keep the country at odds with itself, so we cannot unite against our oppressors. It worked even within this microcosm, in this one thread, where we all agree there is a problem, but finding blame is easier than finding solutions.

This thread makes me sick, much like everything I hear about what "we" are doing with our tax dollars. And that is all it boils down to in my opinion. What should "we" do with "our" tax dollars. But it feels more like "us" and "them".

Hey government, THAT IS OUR MONEY YOU'RE SPENDING!!! or have you forgotten?

If the people we employ are not smart or honest or selfless enough to balance our budget, then how can they be trusted to do anything more important. Budget is priority number one in everyone's life that I know. Why is it not the governemnt's priority? If you can't keep the power on in your house and you are behind on the mortage six months, is it wise to have a bbq for the neighborhood on the 4th of July and blow up a bunch of money in big bangs and pretty colors?

Simple.

Many, many Americans are broke, in debt over their heads... and still borrowing! The government is a reflection of themselves. I guess that makes this situation more palatable. If we hate the government spending, we hate ourselves. Maybe that was someone's goal all along. I don't know.

I am at least glad there is a forum to release these thoughts so I do not emplode or explode. I hope others have a similar avenue for release.

Thanks SGN.
    Why should they be paid anything? Most are wealthy, and politics only makes them richer with the connections and back door deals happening everyday, even within our own local government. Look at the Seattle Public Schools, etc.

Ever heard of a poor president? HA! Why do the wealthy get the privilege to run government? It should be a duty, not a paid reward. (Get the same pay as the military, eat on that fuckers)

Leoni Non Sagittis Fide
    ?"Man fears the beast within the wolf, because he does not understand the beast within himself."

Sumas, WA, North American Continent, SOL III
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by stejben
    Quote Originally Posted by xman1
    Quote Originally Posted by benja455

Yep. Here's a quick and easy plan to balance the budget and start paying down the federal debt. End all three wars (Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya), end the Bush tax cuts and start working on creating jobs (which would increase tax revenue on all levels).

You're welcome.
    Explain to me how Bush managed to run 2 much larger scale wars, and managed to keep his tax cuts, yet only ran $300 to $300 billion deficit yearly?

Really? Only $300 Billion? Do you understand how long the CEO would be employed if you pulled that shit in a money making business? Jezz, I swear this country needs to be ran like a business, if you lose money you're fired. You can't control your staff, you're fired. Government isn't business though...bs. It's BIG business.
    Who was more deficit?

The Bush deficit spiked in 2004, then declined until 2007, and then sharply spiked in 2008. I wonder what happened to make it spike in 2008?

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque or credit card?

Feedback Score

To be fair, the drawing board was made out of gold and had an LED light on it as a oppose to the standard 75watt bulb....

"When in doubt, empty the mag"
    "Sorry I am late, I had to go by the wax museum and give FDR the finger" -Cotton Hill
    MORE MUNEY FOR TEECHERS!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cougsfan34
    To be fair, the drawing board was made out of gold and had an LED light on it as a oppose to the standard 75watt bulb....
    ks

Leoni Non Sagittis Fide
    ?"Man fears the beast within the wolf, because he does not understand the beast within himself."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Explain to me how Bush managed to run 2 much larger scale wars, and managed to keep his tax cuts, yet only ran $300 to $300 billion deficit yearly?

Really? Only $300 Billion? Do you understand how long the CEO would be employed if you pulled that shit in a money making business? Jezz, I swear this country needs to be ran like a business, if you lose money you're fired. You can't control your staff, you're fired. Government isn't business though...bs. It's BIG business.[/quote]

Who was more deficit?

The Bush deficit spiked in 2004, then declined until 2007, and then sharply spiked in 2008. I wonder what happened to make it spike in 2008?[/quote]

Well you made your point, they both suck and would be fired. Next please?

Leoni Non Sagittis Fide

Feedback Score

I think it really boils down to this. Bush used on 75 watt standard bulbs and Obama has been rocking the bling bling and is using LEDs...case solved

"When in doubt, empty the mag"
    "Sorry I am late, I had to go by the wax museum and give FDR the finger" -Cotton Hill
    MORE MUNEY FOR TEECHERS!