Thread: Tacoma resident shoots 2 burglary suspects, killing 1

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Tacoma resident shoots 2 burglary suspects, killing 1

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/l ... oting.html

TACOMA, Wash.

One man was shot to death by a Tacoma homeowner early Monday morning during an apparent burglary.

A homeowner and his wife were awakened by dogs barking and other noises at their home in the 3800 block of South D Street, said Tacoma police spokesman Mark Fulghum.

They had been victims of a burglary in recent weeks, Fulghum said. The homeowner armed himself and went to investigate while his wife called 911.

When the owner got to his garage, he confronted two suspects and pulled his gun, Fulghum said. The suspects charged at him and he fired, hitting both. One ran off down an alley, and the other remained in the garage, where the homeowner applied first aid. The one who fled was found dead; the other was taken to St. Joseph's Hospital.

Fulghum didn't know if the incident was related to earlier burglaries at the home, and he didn't know if the suspects were armed.

I'm gonna give kudos to the guy for performing first aid on the burglar. He immediately changed his mindset from self-defense to preservation of life (same thing, right?) once I assume he felt he was out of danger.

Unfortunately there's probably a DA that may want to make his career off of hanging the guy by claiming if he tried to save his life then he shouldn't have shot, or some other nonsense.

What do you think about this - would you perform first aid on the person who tried to kill you once they were no longer a threat and the area was clear?

"They don't trust themselves with guns, so no one else should have them as well." - Urban X

Expert Marksman
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Re: Tacoma resident shoots 2 burglary suspects, killing 1

It makes sense. The idea is to stop/neutralize a threat, not necessarily to take a life. BUT in the act of applying deadly force, it may be necessary to end a life to preserve your own. Once the threat stops being a threat, trying to help is the more humane thing to do, and definitely shows strong character on the defender's part.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Cut and dried. No charges will be filed. Sentiment in Pierce Co runs favor of these shootings because it sends a pretty good message. Tacoma cops and attorneys are just as tired of this shit as everyone else.

"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
    -Groucho Marx

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

This one went around work quickly this AM. I must say with a big hooray! thuperz

We just need to keep this up and not so long before the thieves get the idea....... wavefingz drawz dualgunner thrutz ballnchain

IF YOU DON'T LIKE GUNS, THEN DON'T OWN ONE.
    45 + rating, so between that and my CPL, you can't trust me, thanks to I-594! Thanks WA state.

Patrolman
    Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

I noticed he had dogs, yet was burgled twice before. Hmmm.....maybe the dogs weren't home before? Doggy Daycare?

WTB: AR-15 lowers, complete or stripped.

Sharp Shooter
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

The original SGN http://www.sgn.org/

Banned
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Seems to me like this was right about a mile from the shooting 2 or 3 weeks ago, where 3 or 4 people broke into a guy's house in the middle of the day. You'd think thieves would learn!

Sharp Shooter
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo
    This one went around work quickly this AM. I must say with a big hooray! thuperz

We just need to keep this up and not so long before the thieves get the idea....... wavefingz drawz dualgunner thrutz ballnchain
    Or even better yet........ we run out of thieves.