Thread: ut oh....

Feedback Score
    140 (100%)

ut oh....

The autopsy on the burglar killed in Tacoma states he was shot in the back. I wonder how this will all play out....

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crime/20 ... dentified/

"When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice. Ted Nugent

Sharp Shooter
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Re: ut oh....

If you read some of Masad Ayoob's writings, there have been more than one documented shootings that were justified because the bad guy turned around a milisecond before the trigger was pulled.

If someone pointed a gun at me, I wouldn't just stand still. :D

Too bad for the bad guy. drawz

Feedback Score
    140 (100%)

I totally agree with you, but I bet the press will have a field day with this..

"When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice. Ted Nugent

Sharp Shooter
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

You might be right. But as usual the press don't know shit and it doesn't matter much what they say. A good attorney will be required if the guy is charged.

You can't please everyone. reddogz

Feedback Score
    169 (100%)

We briefly discussed this in my Law/Mgmt class at the UW today and my professor who's been doing law for a few decades thinks the guy would get charged BEFORE this came out, I hope he is wrong.

Just the act of breaking into someone's house and stealing their property IMO deserves at least 1 or 2 bullets I don't care where they land. Having your house broken into is a HORRIBLE feeling. Sadly the bastards that broke into mine ran off when my alarm went off. Didn't get to see what a Hollow point .45 does to someone dualgunner

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

The shooter has multiple problems. If it looks like the burglar was fleeing, that's a big problem...add that in with the fact that it was a detached garage, and therefore not a house, and he's probably not justified in shooting under castle doctrine laws.

that being said, I've never understood the fascination with "shot in front versus shot in back". If I think I need to shoot someone, I don't feel any special obligation of cowboy honor to look him in the eye while I do it. If the opportunity arises to sneak up and shoot him in the back without warning, then that's probably what I'll do.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RapmasterT
    cowboy honor
    I've never heard it said quite that way. I love it (well put).

http://apexcaliber.com/ Processed 223 Brass

Feedback Score
    169 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RapmasterT
    The shooter has multiple problems. If it looks like the burglar was fleeing, that's a big problem...add that in with the fact that it was a detached garage, and therefore not a house, and he's probably not justified in shooting under castle doctrine laws.

that being said, I've never understood the fascination with "shot in front versus shot in back". If I think I need to shoot someone, I don't feel any special obligation of cowboy honor to look him in the eye while I do it. If the opportunity arises to sneak up and shoot him in the back without warning, then that's probably what I'll do.

Agreed. Didn't catch the detatched garage part the first time. That's not good for him. Personally I still think the fuckers deserved every grain of those bullets but that'll be a field day with some douche bag prosecutor.