Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Depressing but Probable Reality

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Re: A Depressing but Probable Reality

OBAMA 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cause if you don't..... You're racist

Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by massivedesign
    OBAMA 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I have never considered myself to be racist...But since you put it that way...

Cause if you don't..... You're racist

"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence; true friendship is a plant of slow growth," --George Washington,1783

Expert Marksman
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by foothills
    Quote Originally Posted by 2KXJ
    I'm saying it's a hoax and although I agree with many of the statement, IT ISN'T REAL!
    Ok..While the author named has been proven to be erroneous that doesn't change the baseline information.

The man will be hard to beat...based on the current information at hand.

For those of us that think he is an extreme liberal now...Wait till he is a "Lame Duck" president and doesn't have a second term election to lose. I'm thinking that he will push thru policies that will have great impacts on our societies.

Sometimes I feel sad that most of the members here are to young to remember or know about the 1960's and 70's. When being an American was a thing of great pride, and American exceptionalism was the driving force of the then global economy.

When you stood up every morning in school and loudly and proudly pledged your allegiance to the Flag...Of the United States of America.

When people from all over the world were dreaming, trying and dying to be able to come here...To start a new life...In the Land of Oppurtunity.

I really miss those times.

Now our President is telling those people and countries that we have given aid and assistance to for all these years, That we are "sorry" for how we've treated them. The same people that proclaim us to be the "Great Satan" and aspire to see us, our children and our way of life killed. What is wrong with this picture people?

For those of you that choose to not accept the notion that the "Winds of Change" are coming...good luck with that.

Myself, I'll think I'll keep my head up, my nose to the wind and my powder dry. Not bury my head in the sand.

Yeah yeah...I know I'm an alarmist, an old fart that isn't at all progressive or in tune with the modern world.

As Waylon Jennings so aptly sung it... "I never did toe the mark...And I never did walk the line"

Guess I'm a old fart too,I still belive in GOD AND COUNTRY, THE LAND OF THE FREE AND BRAVE AND THATS MY GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO THINK THAT mgdrillsergeant yessir

If everthing is EXPLODING AROUND YOU ITS PROBABLY US

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

BTW:
    http://deansdashes.blogspot.com/2011...-speeches.html

"Saturday, May 14, 2011
    Contrast Between Bush / Obama Speeches
    DECIDEDLY DIFFERENT WAYS TO USE "I" IN A SPEECH

Here is a synopsis of Obama's speech on UBL:
    “Tonight, I can report . . . And so shortly after taking office, I directed Leon Panetta . . . I was briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden . . . I met repeatedly with my national security team . . . I determined that we had enough intelligence to take action. . . . Today, at my direction . . . I’ve made clear . . . Over the years, I’ve repeatedly made clear . . . Tonight, I called President Zardari . . . and my team has also spoken. . .These efforts weigh on me every time I, as Commander-in-Chief . . . Finally, let me say to the families . .. I know that it has, at times, frayed. . . ..”

Compare that with the speech given by George W. Bush on December 14, 2003:
    President Bush's Speech Upon the Capture of Saddam Hussein
    "Good afternoon. Yesterday, December the 13th, at around 8:30 p.m.
    Baghdad time, United States military forces captured Saddam Hussein alive.
    He was found near a farmhouse outside the city of Tikrit, in a swift raid conducted without casualties. And now the former dictator of Iraq will face the justice he denied to millions.
    The capture of this man was crucial to the rise of a free Iraq.
    It marks the end of the road for him, and for all who bullied and killed in his name. For the Baathist holdouts largely responsible for the current violence, there will be no return to the corrupt power and privilege they once held.
    For the vast majority of Iraqi citizens who wish to live as free men and women, this event brings further assurance that the torture chambers and the secret police are gone forever.

And this afternoon, I have a message for the Iraqi people: You will not have to fear the rule of Saddam Hussein ever again.
    All Iraqis who take the side of freedom have taken the winning side.
    The goals of our coalition are the same as your goals -- sovereignty for your country, dignity for your great culture, and for every Iraqi citizen, the opportunity for a better life.
    In the history of Iraq, a dark and painful era is over. A hopeful day has arrived.
    All Iraqis can now come together and reject violence and build a new Iraq.
    The success of yesterday's mission is a tribute to our men and women now serving in Iraq.
    The operation was based on the superb work of intelligence analysts who found the dictator's footprints in a vast country.
    The operation was carried out with skill and precision by a brave fighting force.
    Our servicemen and women and our coalition allies have faced many dangers in the hunt for members of the fallen regime, and in their effort to bring hope and freedom to the Iraqi people.
    Their work continues, and so do the risks.
    Today, on behalf of the nation, I thank the members of our Armed Forces and I congratulate 'em.
    I also have a message for all Americans: The capture of Saddam Hussein does not mean the end of violence in Iraq.
    We still face terrorists who would rather go on killing the innocent than accept the rise of liberty in the heart of the Middle East.
    Such men are a direct threat to the American people, and they will be defeated.
    We've come to this moment through patience and resolve and focused action. And that is our strategy moving forward.
    The war on terror is a different kind of war, waged capture by capture, cell by cell, and victory by victory.
    Our security is assured by our perseverance and by our sure belief in the success of liberty.
    And the United States of America will not relent until this war is won.

May God bless the people of Iraq, and may God bless America.
    Thank you."

President Bush's speech is completely outwardly directed.
    He speaks of the momentous occasion and gives all credit to the military and the intelligence community.
    There is no attempt to highlight his part in the story.
    Quite a contrast."

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by foothills
    I'm saying it's a hoax and although I agree with many of the statement, IT ISN'T REAL!
    Ok..While the author named has been proven to be erroneous that doesn't change the baseline information.

The man will be hard to beat...based on the current information at hand.

For those of us that think he is an extreme liberal now...Wait till he is a "Lame Duck" president and doesn't have a second term election to lose. I'm thinking that he will push thru policies that will have great impacts on our societies.

Sometimes I feel sad that most of the members here are to young to remember or know about the 1960's and 70's. When being an American was a thing of great pride, and American exceptionalism was the driving force of the then global economy.

When you stood up every morning in school and loudly and proudly pledged your allegiance to the Flag...Of the United States of America.

When people from all over the world were dreaming, trying and dying to be able to come here...To start a new life...In the Land of Oppurtunity.

I really miss those times.

Now our President is telling those people and countries that we have given aid and assistance to for all these years, That we are "sorry" for how we've treated them. The same people that proclaim us to be the "Great Satan" and aspire to see us, our children and our way of life killed. What is wrong with this picture people?

For those of you that choose to not accept the notion that the "Winds of Change" are coming...good luck with that.

Myself, I'll think I'll keep my head up, my nose to the wind and my powder dry. Not bury my head in the sand.

Yeah yeah...I know I'm an alarmist, an old fart that isn't at all progressive or in tune with the modern world.

As Waylon Jennings so aptly sung it... "I never did toe the mark...And I never did walk the line"

Very well said and I couldn't agree more. Welcome to the dumbenning of America and the belief that the government and powers that be have our best interests in mind.

It's a SA&A thing. They are trying to make sure no one ever goes back there after the panic dies down. It's working.
    Fast cars, slow Jeeps, and loud guns.

Sharp Shooter
    Feedback Score

Very well said and I couldn't agree more. Welcome to the dumbenning of America and the belief that the government and powers that be have our best interests in mind.
    it's pretty amazing, looking at what they are teaching at college level classes these days (my wife is working on her bachelors). they're still teaching about the government as if it were functioning the same as back when first created. the books are preaching about how government is supposedly for the people by the people, how we as citizens are bound to willingly follow the directive of our elected officials, and that if it quits serving the will of it's citizens the government can be dismantled by the citizenry at any time... what a joke.

Ranger
    Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jbauch357
    and that if it quits serving the will of it's citizens the government can be dismantled by the citizenry at any time... what a joke.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this why we believe in and support the second ammendment... because as a "last resort" our guns can/will be used to dismantle the government that is no longer serving it's citizens?

Gun Problem? ... You mean like when you squeeze the trigger and nothing goes bang... right?

Sharp Shooter
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by rpatton
    and that if it quits serving the will of it's citizens the government can be dismantled by the citizenry at any time... what a joke.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this why we believe in and support the second ammendment... because as a "last resort" our guns can/will be used to dismantle the government that is no longer serving it's citizens?
    Ideally, yes - but the government obviously hates the 2nd amendment, and has been continually widdling away at it's value for over a hundred years. We as lowly civilians are limited to small arms, while the government holds power with militarized police forces and a universe of weapons we're not allowed to own. The fact that we now have permanently stationed Marines on US soil for "crowd control" and "civil disruption" speaks clearly to the fact that government knows we're pissed off, and they are doing what it takes to keep us under control rather than fixing their act.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rpatton
    Ideally, yes - but the government obviously hates the 2nd amendment, and has been continually widdling away at it's value for over a hundred years. We as lowly civilians are limited to small arms, while the government holds power with militarized police forces and a universe of weapons we're not allowed to own. The fact that we now have permanently stationed Marines on US soil for "crowd control" and "civil disruption" speaks clearly to the fact that government knows we're pissed off, and they are doing what it takes to keep us under control rather than fixing their act.
    All so they can keep their overpaying jobs with zero accountability... hdwall

It's a SA&A thing. They are trying to make sure no one ever goes back there after the panic dies down. It's working.
    Fast cars, slow Jeeps, and loud guns.