Thread: Bumping threads

Marksman

Bumping threads

I noticed this forum does have "bumping" enabled with a 72 hour rule, however its not used. Instead people are "replying" to their thread in order to bump it. Because of that there is alot of maintenance by the mods to ensure people adhere to the 72 hour bump policy.

It might be valuable to make it so that they have to use the "bump" feature in PHPbb. You can set the time frame for which you allow threads to be bumped inside of the PHPbb config, currently its set at 3 days. If they are eligible to bump the thread this button will appear at the bottom of their thread, if they are not (inside that 3 day window) then it will not be available to them.

Doing this will do a few things..

1 - minimize the amount of warnings, bans, etc to the members
    2 - reduce the maintenance and clean up by the moderators
    3 - reduce the amount of comments or replies in a for sale/trade/wanted ad. You see some adds with 2 pages of "bumps"
    4 - prevent a for sale thread from being 3 pages long and the last page being a "sold"

Just a thought.
    XDm 40 4.5" | XD 40 Service | XD 45 ACP | XDm 45 ACP 5.25" | XDm 9mm 5.25" | Sig GSR 1911 | Taurus 1911 | Glock 21 | S&W Bodyguard 380

Re: Bumping threads

Everyone pay attention,
    Thanks KrisM
    Play stupid games.
    Win stupid prizes.

Sounds good to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalAssault View Post
    Instead of complaining about a free site why don't you try reading the fucking board announcements and the reference section.
    Somewhere in kenya a village is missing it's idiot!!

I found it only does it once it has been over a week since I did mine and still no Bump Topic. Not every 72 hours but that would be nice if we could. So you still have to do a post reply to bump your ad

The "Bump Topic" button works great . . . but it only appears if it has been at least 72 hours since the last post in your thread, regardless of who posted it.

However, we allow bumping 72 hours after the last post by the OP; we don't count subsequent posts by other members.

So sometimes you can use the Bump Topic button, and sometimes you can't!
    Steve

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
    Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
    Life Member, Gun Owners of America
    Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Quote Originally Posted by MadPick
    The "Bump Topic" button works great . . . but it only appears if it has been at least 72 hours since the last post in your thread, regardless of who posted it.

However, we allow bumping 72 hours after the last post by the OP; we don't count subsequent posts by other members.

So sometimes you can use the Bump Topic button, and sometimes you can't!
    Correct. The "Bump" button does not work on a 100% basis every three days.
    "There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."