Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oregon Veteran Will Be Evicted If US Flag is Hung on 11th

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Re: Oregon Veteran Will Be Evicted If US Flag is Hung on 11t

Quote Originally Posted by IRackNBack
    Quote Originally Posted by RapmasterT
    So basically, as long as you can claim a patriotic motivation, the rules don't apply?

I don't see much to get excited about here. Some old dude likes to violate the apartment rules, has been warned many times, and it took a threat of eviction to get him to comply...why is this news? Moreover, why are you guys losing your nut over it?

I hear North Korea is a nice place to live this time of year. Maybe you should check it out.
    Great job making this look like a reasonable discussion about the facts. well done.

Feedback Score
    169 (100%)

Facts:

This guy served his country.
    He is living on govt subsidized housing
    It is Veteran's day next week
    The guy wishes to honor the flag and country he risked his life for
    The apartment complex says they will throw him out if he hangs the flag representing the organization paying for the complex
    You think this is perfectly reasonable and he should be thrown out for doing so
    EVERYONE else seems to disagree

tiphatt

So basically, as long as you can claim a patriotic motivation, the rules don't apply?

I don't see much to get excited about here. Some old dude likes to violate the apartment rules, has been warned many times, and it took a threat of eviction to get him to comply...why is this news? Moreover, why are you guys losing your nut over it?

I hear North Korea is a nice place to live this time of year. Maybe you should check it out.
    Great job making this look like a reasonable discussion about the facts. well done.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Facts:

This guy served his country.
    He is living on govt subsidized housing
    It is Veteran's day next week
    The guy wishes to honor the flag and country he risked his life for
    The apartment complex says they will throw him out if he hangs the flag representing the organization paying for the complex
    You think this is perfectly reasonable and he should be thrown out for doing so
    EVERYONE else seems to disagree
    What does any of that have to do with following the rules of the apartment complex?

This story is basically summed up as "old man wants to fly flag in different way than rules allow". It's not like they said no flags were allowed, it's not like they didn't give him repeated warnings, it's not some tradition that they're suddenly changing the rules on, and they haven't singled him or his flag out from others.

I think someone who repeatedly ignores warnings about violating the rules of the apartment should be subject to eviction, yes...even if that person is a veteran. In fact, I wish some veterans would behave a little better, instead of wrapping their victim complex in our flag.

Ranger
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Don't worry this has come up in the news before when I lived in Eugene. Every year it comes up. I applaud Greg for heading down there!

Gun control is when you can get your barrel back on the target quickly.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

So correct me if I'm wrong but he's hanging the flag outside of the community center near the entrance, not on his door or apt? They also already have a flag? How about he put up flags in his apt and on his door and just call it a day? I mean I'm as conservative flag waving as the rest but c'mon guys I think rapmastert has a point here. I am thankful for his service but this is like someone going over to thier neighbors house and putting up a flag with out them wanting it there.

Ranger
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

As I read it, the guy wants to hang a flag in a common space, which he doesn't have the right to do. He has the right to stand or sit there holding it all he wants, but he doesn't own or have sole control over the structure he wants to attach a flag to.

From a legal standpoint, he doesn't really have a leg to stand on.

No one is saying he can't fly a flag (that'd be illegal), they're saying he can't hang one on the community center.

Sounds like a guy just looking to get his name in the paper.

Feedback Score
    169 (100%)

I missed the part about hanging it on community property I guess. I pictured him living in an apartment that is on the end of a building and him wanting to put it on "his" exterior walls.

While I think barring anyone from hanging a US Flag anywhere is crap, I can at least understand why people are for the complex in this situation even though I still do not agree.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

If this were a private complex I would agree, since its a government subsidized complex I think the thing should be painted red-white-and motherfuckin' blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco75
    i would eat jizz before you can fuck my wife...i just wont take it from the tap
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco75
    if Trump wins I will buy all you fuckers a Glock...but not a used SGN one...

zombiegristle

No, because he doesn't own that wall. Even if it's a public wall, he doesn't have right to monopolize it. I fully support their position against him, and if he isn't standing there, holding the damn flag on that day because he can't hang it, then I believe he's a hypocrite who's just trying to get attention and feels no more conviction about that flag than the people telling him not to hang it.

Banned
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

They came to a compromise. He still wanted to do what ever the hell he wants. This is not news. This is a media getting us stirred up over nothing. It comes down to taking responsibility for the contracts you enter into with other people. From subsidized housing to home owner associations. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE RULES THEN FUCKING LEAVE! Please don't give this guy or the media one more ounce of your time. This was a shock story and as you can read above has done its purpose. You were given half truths and it fired up a bunch of guys who I like. And for what?

Remember - Everything you hear from the media is a LIE! Leaving out important details is the same as lying. Know the difference between FACTS and OPINIONS.