Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 9:30 at night, and someone rang our doorbell.

Marksman
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

9:30 at night, and someone rang our doorbell.

The dog went ape shit, and by the time I got downstairs to answer the door (with gun in hand), no one was there... I hate Everett.

Ranger
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Re: 9:30 at night, and someone rang our doorbell.

Dog probably scared them off... Were they fishing for an empty house? Or were you "obviously home?"

"Attitude and purpose defeat the average man's concious mind at every turn." -tha dude

Marksman
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I was thinking the same thing. Our lights were on, and so was the TV. I did a lap around the house with my flashlight, nothing out of the ordinary, all of the cars in the neighborhood were familiar, and had been there long enough to have dew on them. We have a Bassett Hound who sounds big on the otherside of the door, I'm guessing they moved on to the next house to case.

Banned
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FISHER1
    I was thinking the same thing. Our lights were on, and so was the TV. I did a lap around the house with my flashlight, nothing out of the ordinary, all of the cars in the neighborhood were familiar, and had been there long enough to have dew on them. We have a Bassett Hound who sounds big on the otherside of the door, I'm guessing they moved on to the next house to case.
    My roommate's Pit/Lab mix has a hellacious bark. He's all bark and no bite, but sounds like a rabid bear on the other side of the door. That can be the best alarm system money can't buy.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

There wasn't a burning paper bag on your porch was there?

Don't stomp on it if there was!

BTW- dogs FTW!

Somebody buy this shit, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!--->>>http://seattleguns.net/showthread.ph...OP-Trade-Added

Sharp Shooter
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Among lots of other things I miss about our chocolate lab (the one in the avatar) was her ferocious bark. A knock on the door guaranteed 100lbs of bark, 200 when we also had our golden retriever, but she's been gone for five years now. My wife is still too broken up about Lola (the lab), so we haven't gotten a new dog yet. However, she's a bit nervous being at home by herself, especially since there have been a number of break ins around here, so she got a Rossi Circuit Judge for her birthday. It doesn't have the automatic bark, but she feels a bit better having a shotgun in the house that she can handle.

David

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Doorbell ditch is a common prank among teens. Ring the bell and run and hide.

Guide to Posting Photos on SGN- Thanks for the Gold
    http://seattleguns.net/showthread.ph...t-into-your-ad

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Take that lap around the house very seriously as you could be walking into an ambush.

In stressful situations we do not rise to the occasion, we fall to our level of training.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I always want to hook up a camera system to my front door. This way I can see who it is and record anything that looks crazy.

But it is a good thing you are safe.

"If somebody thinks that they can pick up the phone and dial 911, and the police are going to be there to save them; that's not the case. The police are going to be there to clean up the mess." - Police Chief Mark Kessler

zombiegristle

You guys get really worked up over a doorbell.