Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 9:30 at night, and someone rang our doorbell.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Re: 9:30 at night, and someone rang our doorbell.

Quote Originally Posted by zombiegristle
    You guys get really worked up over a doorbell.
    you must be new here.

zombiegristle

It just never ceases to amaze me how people line up for these circle-jerk threads to talk about how "ready for action" they are and get consolation from other folks who gear up anytime they have unexpected interaction with other Humans, expecting the Mujahideen have finally found them and have come for blood.

Ranger
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

It just never ceases to amaze me how people line up for these circle-jerk threads to talk about how "ready for action" they are and get consolation from other folks who gear up anytime they have unexpected interaction with other Humans, expecting the Mujahideen have finally found them and have come for blood.
    Cool story, troll.

It's about risk management. Would you rather have a gun on your hip and have a perfectly lovely interaction with someone new, or would you prefer to be unarmed, and have a guy rob you? When we say things like "I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it" it's not just a mildly clever catch-phrase; it's what we actually believe. Does that make us paranoid? Maybe. But another mildly clever catch phrase is "just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that aren't after you." There's a lot of random violence that goes on. I'd rather be prepared to protect myself and family if violence ever finds me.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

When this happens at my place I just pop a couple rounds through the door. You can never be too safe.

Julian: You're not prostituting yourself for cheeseburgers again, are ya, Randy?
    Randy: A man's gotta eat, Julian.

zombiegristle

Quote Originally Posted by Afecks
    Cool story, troll.

It's about risk management. Would you rather have a gun on your hip and have a perfectly lovely interaction with someone new, or would you prefer to be unarmed, and have a guy rob you? When we say things like "I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it" it's not just a mildly clever catch-phrase; it's what we actually believe. Does that make us paranoid? Maybe. But another mildly clever catch phrase is "just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that aren't after you." There's a lot of random violence that goes on. I'd rather be prepared to protect myself and family if violence ever finds me.
    I've got plenty of guns, always kept loaded, within arms reach on on my person. Doesn't mean I go clear the neighborhood everytime someone rings the doorbell without invitation, or post a thread on it so others can tell me how to improve my perimeter defense. And yeah, I guess I have been trolling today - thanks for that reality check.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Afecks
    Cool story, troll.

Yeah... it also doesn't mean that "they" are after you either. Hopefully you don't draw down on a 13 year old who is ringing doorbells for fun. 9:30 is not that late, past 12 I could see this sort of reaction.

Guide to Posting Photos on SGN- Thanks for the Gold
    http://seattleguns.net/showthread.ph...t-into-your-ad

zombiegristle

I've had two people ring my doorbell between 2 and 3 in the morning. I don't give two shits, because I'm awake at these hours so it is reasonable to assume others may be as well. First person was an old friend of the previous tenant and hadn't been given notice that they moved, he was a nice guy and left. Second was a woman who had been drinking and was ditched by her buddy, and was lost. I gave her directions and she bid her farewell. Neither one knew I had a gun nearby, and I never felt the urge to reach for it, and the fact that I was willing to talk to them probably made life a little bit better for each of them that evening.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Liet-Kynes
    When this happens at my place I just pop a couple rounds through the door. You can never be too safe.
    Oh christ, I hope you're not the guy that lives across the street from me. I think he's probably got some seriously twisted hardware over there. :o

Marksman
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I live in the Holly District in Everett. Here are the stats on the area I live in :

http://www.ci.everett.wa.us/Get_PDF.aspx?PDFID=5244

note the residential burglaries, hence why i take a door bell late at night seriously

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)

Jimmy johns? Lol

Winning duh!!!