Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mods cleanup

Patrolman
    Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Mods cleanup

Mods thank you for the job you do and the service this forum provides, it is appreciated! As i get older, and consider that my computer skills are barely a match for my ten year old, I find that occasionally posts, PM's and other things here disappear without a trace. While i understand that is your job and your right, it does nothing for my mental state when i go to look for something i swore i just saw or a PM i know i sent. Granted some of this cleanup has benefitted me at times but mostly forces me to question my sanity, computer skills and leaves me wasting time looking for something that doesnt exist. While i may be caught smoking my breakfast on occasion i dont need any help with the blank spots in my cranium.

Is there any way possible to leave a little something or some portion of that which was deleted in its place so that i dont think im going mental?? Maybe a confused looking smiley or a symbol or something? Whatcha think?

Now thats a gun!!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Re: Mods cleanup

ks I think their gonna let you go " insane to the membrane"

Im in my younger yrs and I think the same thing sometimes CavVetaway

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalAssault View Post
    Instead of complaining about a free site why don't you try reading the fucking board announcements and the reference section.
    Somewhere in kenya a village is missing it's idiot!!

SGN Prince of Puyallup zombie66's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    188 (100%)

Personally I like the confusion its kinda like a brain-teaser for me ...................................... cylonA10

Quote Originally Posted by sinus211 View Post
    Jesus fuck. Orion I've stood up for you on many occasions, from nonsense 9mm bouncing off insurgents to downtown Seattle security guard "I am the law" rants. As respectfully as this can possibly be said, go shove a pineapple up your ass.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

They can't touch your PM's. The only people that technically have access to your PM's are people who have access to the database (Skidoo, KrisM and maybe TA). And even with that access, it's not just as easy as looking at a specific PM, it's a jumbled mess.

Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by toys in the toybox
    I find that occasionally posts, PM's and other things here disappear without a trace.
    Yes, individual posts and entire threads can "disappear without a trace" due to a mod moving or deleting them. However, as massivedesign said above, we don't have access to your PMs so we can't mess with those even if we want to . . . and trust me, we don't want to. It's enough of a job trying to read every thread to watch for issues; there's no way in hell that we could monitor every PM that gets sent as well!

Quote Originally Posted by toys in the toybox
    Is there any way possible to leave a little something or some portion of that which was deleted in its place so that i dont think im going mental?? Maybe a confused looking smiley or a symbol or something? Whatcha think?
    Well . . . yes, there are a few things that could be done and this is possible. However, it would contribute to forum "clutter" which we would like to avoid. I mean, if we left a little "calling card" for every post we deleted then half the forum would look something like this:

Quote Originally Posted by hippyshake
    babz
    Quote Originally Posted by John Brown
    babz
    Quote Originally Posted by bhpdrew
    babz
    babz
    babz
    babz
    babz
    babz
    babz
    babz
    babz
    babz
    And obviously, that wouldn't really be a good thing. jestera

Steve

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
    Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
    Life Member, Gun Owners of America
    Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Feedback Score
    331 (100%)

Best thing you can do is bookmark a link to the ad or topic in your favorites, or save a link in an E-mail to yourself. Then you know that it was real, but if you click on it and it's gone, it has been deleted.
    We have to remove sold items, clean out threads people crap in, and just keep the board flowing as best we can, so that's why things disappear. Sorry if it confuses you sometimes, I used to think the same way. Now I just realize that if it's gone, it's gone.

Feedback Score
    118 (100%)

This morning's site stats:

Total posts 320831 Total topics 58226 Total members 10924
    We grew by 5 or 10 members OVERNIGHT! cheeringz
    Members have logged 320,831 posts. cheeringz
    Pile on PMs and imagine how many posts we've deleted and how confused you'd be if
    we HADN'T deleted them! :shock:

Feedback Score
    79 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by massivedesign
    They can't touch your PM's. The only people that technically have access to your PM's are people who have access to the database (Skidoo, KrisM and maybe TA). And even with that access, it's not just as easy as looking at a specific PM, it's a jumbled mess.
    I dont touch the data base, that is how SGN goes down. jestera jestera

Feedback Score
    118 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skidoo
    I dont touch the data base, that is how SGN goes down.
    ks ks ks ks

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Mods cleanup

Quote Originally Posted by Skidoo
    Quote Originally Posted by massivedesign

I dont touch the data base, that is how SGN goes down. jestera jestera
    LMAO!!!

Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!