Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Peeping-Tom shot (hopefully)-Mercer Island

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)

Re: Peeping-Tom shot (hopefully)-Mercer Island

ah yes, secret agents.... now you know where one of them resides

MERCER ISLAND—
    Police on Mercer Island are searching for a suspected peeping tom after an off-duty U.S. Secret Service agent opened fire on him Sunday evening.

Mercer Island Police Department spokesperson Leslie Burns said the agent saw a man in his backyard about 8:45 p.m.

According to the agent, the man appeared to be videotaping his daughter through a window.

"The agent went outside into his backyard, identified himself as a police officer and confronted the suspect," Burns said. "The suspect made a furtive movement, which indicated to the agent that the suspect was armed."

That is when the agent fired a single shot at the suspect as he fled the scene.

Police responded to the house in the 4300 block of 86th Avenue SE with a K-9 unit but were unable to locate the suspect. Investigators believe he fled in a vehicle.

It is unknown if the suspect was hit by the shot fired by the agent.

"Mercer Island Police will have investigators at the scene on Monday conducting a follow-up investigation and processing the scene," Burns said.

Marksman
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Okay- how many peeping toms are armed? I think most are harmless pervs, but the secret service agent knew what to say (he made a move like he had a weapon, so I shot). If it was a private citizen who left his house to investigate before calling the 911 and then ended up killing the perv then it could mean a very long court battle for him if the peeping tom was not armed.

Sharp Shooter
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Anywaytothetop
    Okay- how many peeping toms are armed? I think most are harmless pervs, but the secret service agent knew what to say (he made a move like he had a weapon, so I shot). If it was a private citizen who left his house to investigate before calling the 911 and then ended up killing the perv then it could mean a very long court battle for him if the peeping tom was not armed.
    yep, very likely the same type of "furtive movement" that people make in the midst of a no-knock raid that gets them killed... while holding a TV remote, or golf club.

if this was average joe taking pot shots at somebody in their back yard without being in clear and present danger they'd very likley be in jail right now.

Patrolman
    Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Nice CYA on the agents part. We must remember this line when we shoot at someone that pisses us off. He sounds well versed on how to act illegally and get away with it.

Not that I wouldn't consider doing the same thing to someone filming my daughter, but I'm sure there would be more questions and less getting away with it especially if I winged him or killed him

Now thats a gun!!

Tactical Operator Freelancer1972's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    86 (100%)

That prick at Penn State needs to be shot too...

A six year old’s perspective on why dogs lives such shortlives…“People are born so that they can learn how to live a good Life—likeloving everybody all the time and being nice, right?...Well, dogs already knowhow to do that, so they don’t need to stay as long.” - Shane

Expert Marksman
    Feedback Score
    4 (83%)

Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer1972
    That prick at Penn State needs to be shot too...

+1