Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recovering Pup and Family.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Re: Recovering Pup and Family.

First let me say that I am very happy your wife was not hurt in the attack and am very sorry for your dogs injuries, with a pitbull it could have been much much worse. As far as you taking action with a firearm, both you and your weapon functioned as was required for the situation. I have see those docile family pet pitbulls that would hurt no one shread a dog with absolutely no provacation, my ex-father in laws pitbull, friendly as hell got out and into the back yard of a neighbor of his in the LA area about 20 years ago and literally riped a neighbors dog apart to where it was almost unrecognizable. Attacks by these breeds are not a new development and have been occuring for generations agains people and pets.
    If you are discusted with yourself for what you HAD to do, just remember how you may feel had you not had the ability to save your dogs life and prevent injury to both you and your wife, be greatful you had the tool and the ability to protect those you love.
    I would not have done anything different and commend you for your courage to act when acting was needed.

In stressful situations we do not rise to the occasion, we fall to our level of training.

Feedback Score
    79 (100%)

As the owner of the site, I would like to tip my hat to all of the members of the board who helped out another member in a time of need. This isn't the first time it has happened and I am sure not the last. It always amazes me how willingly everyone is to help other members out, whether it be driving over to someones house in the late evening to drop off some pain meds or a situation like this one. We have a great group of people here!
    tiphatt tiphatt

Banned
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Now that Norm has spoken, Hippy and team can turn the thread gay.
    stickpoke

j/k - Good job helping out a fellow SGN member and just doing the right thing.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skidoo
    As the owner of the site, I would like to tip my hat to all of the members of the board who helped out another member in a time of need. This isn't the first time it has happened and I am sure not the last. It always amazes me how willingly everyone is to help other members out, whether it be driving over to someones house in the late evening to drop off some pain meds or a situation like this one. We have a great group of people here!
    tiphatt tiphatt
    I second the SHIT outta that!!

You know what to do...it's not a question of knowing, it's a question of doing. Integrity doesn't come built in with the human chassis, it has to be learned and practiced, and if you aren't careful...it'll damn well erode.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma
    stickpoke
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyNseattle

I second the SHIT outta that!!
    ks ks
    sent you a text dude.

This is my sig line. There are many like but this one is mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by hippyshake
    It's a jungle out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyr Shooter
    Sexiest thing about that pic isn't the body... it's the beard.
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie66
    Don is top notch he popped my cherry

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

My wife asked me to post this for her.....

To all the SGN members that have been so supportive and generous: I can't thank you enough. I am overwhelmed by the response from this community. I never thought something like this would happen, but I never dreamed that a group of (nearly perfect) strangers would care enough to come together and help this much. You are incredible.

Seeing my best-good-dog-friend Polly being mauled was the most vicious, violent, disturbing thing I've ever witnessed. Feeling there was nothing I could do to stop it was heart-breaking. But reading these SGN posts expressing concern and offering support, validating what was for my husband a very hard choice to make, and in the end, PAYING THE ENTIRE VET BILL!!! - this has shown me something I didn't think existed anymore. Good, caring people, who are willing to reach out and help, and give . . . I am blown away.

My sincere and humble thanks to all of you!
    And, Polly would like to lick each of you in the face................................... personally.

You know what to do...it's not a question of knowing, it's a question of doing. Integrity doesn't come built in with the human chassis, it has to be learned and practiced, and if you aren't careful...it'll damn well erode.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)

No problem! We all help each other out! Oh and thanks for ur support with those fine pics! Wish the best to ur family tiphatt

Winning duh!!!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Expert Shooter
    Feedback Score

Cheers that the puppy is good... Now is the time to be thankful that is over..... But I will also say now is not the time to discuss other breeds of dogs. All the best, CHUBBS

Banned
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma
    stickpoke
    :lol: