Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: BIRDSHOT for Home Defense?...

Re: BIRDSHOT for Home Defense?...

Quote Originally Posted by Afecks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillburt57
    Are you English teacher? I stray off topic and you get all knotted up, I'm not going to read through all the text in this thread. I stated my opinion on birdshot, you didn't like it because it wasn't on topic with what your classroom is about. Go get some cognitive data so we can examine your findings and we can all go from there.
    If you're not going to read the thread, you shouldn't post in it.

Went back and read the original start, seems as if it was a debate on Birdshot vs. "Others" for Home Defense purposes. wavefingz
    Amateurs discuss caliber, Professionals discuss tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Afecks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillburt57
    Are you English teacher? I stray off topic and you get all knotted up, I'm not going to read through all the text in this thread. I stated my opinion on birdshot, you didn't like it because it wasn't on topic with what your classroom is about. Go get some cognitive data so we can examine your findings and we can all go from there.
    If you're not going to read the thread, you shouldn't post in it.

In Phillburts defense this thread became incredibly hard to read past page 2.

You know that feeling you get when you start to feel embarrassed for someone else....Yeah I felt when trying to read this thread. Don't get me wrong there are some valid points on both sides of the debate.......but man some of you have a hard time making them.
    Julian: You're not prostituting yourself for cheeseburgers again, are ya, Randy?
    Randy: A man's gotta eat, Julian.

Quote Originally Posted by oldkim
    Wow! Really 6 pages to figure out if Birdshot is good for home defense? No major what in the hip? How about the fun parts of being human and internal bleeding in that area is massive... Bottom of the Aorta and Femoral artery - you can bleed out in minutes...

Man, some of you need to form a committee to talk about this issue.... just joking.

Birdshot is totally a viable option for home defense round. Its readily available, easy to shoot and you can actually use it for hunting.... birds.

At close enough distances it'll do massive damage (please keep in mind that at close close distances it's a tight pattern). At longer distances greater than 30-40 yards then it's basically bouncing off skin but scarying the pants off whomever you are shooting at...

But 6 pages?

For those arguing for 00 Buck - SLUGS! Hands down if you want to destroy whatever is behind that wall.
    I put a comma where I needed a period. I wasn'ttrying to say there are no major organ or arteries in the groin, thighs and lower abdomen well because there is. Just not in the hips.
    As you can see in my earlier post, I said that a shot to the femoral artery will have you bleed out in 25 seconds. As seen here

Its about a guy with a sawn-off shotgun taking both barrels to the groin while trying to stuff it in his pants. The Femoral artery is only 1in below the skin, cut that and you will bleed out in about 25 seconds. Now if a hit to the groin didn't destroy an major artery only a inch under the skin it is not effective. Also the groin is a specific place on the body, where the Femoral artery runs down on both sides.
    Guide to Posting Photos on SGN- Thanks for the Gold
    http://seattleguns.net/showthread.ph...t-into-your-ad

Expert Shooter

In my 12GA with 18.5" barrel, for home defence, I use first round #4 Buck, then 2- 00 Buck, then 2- slugs, then 2- 00 Buck. If that doesn't stop the intruder then you have a super zombi. The #4 first shot is very effective and poses less of a kenetic damage problem for neighbors and passers by. Just the sound of a ratcheting pump shotgun should be a good deterant in and of itself.