Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: BIRDSHOT for Home Defense?...

Ranger

Re: BIRDSHOT for Home Defense?...

Quote Originally Posted by zombiegristle
    Louie Slugger every time. Nothing more satisfying than the crunch of wood on bone.
    But aluminum is so much more effective...
    "Attitude and purpose defeat the average man's concious mind at every turn." -tha dude

Sharp Shooter

grizzle is right about the ammo minimum. There getting all of it either way lol
    U.S.A. and the Constitution love it and protect it or GTFO

Ron Paul 2012

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by loud noises
    grizzle is right about the ammo minimum. There getting all of it either way lol
    My wife agrees, 6 is the minimum... She's getting all of it anyhow.

SGN Prince of Puyallup zombie66's Avatar

Yeah? Well, shovels can't be used to repair hunting rifles.
    And a slugger can ?????????
    Quote Originally Posted by sinus211 View Post
    Jesus fuck. Orion I've stood up for you on many occasions, from nonsense 9mm bouncing off insurgents to downtown Seattle security guard "I am the law" rants. As respectfully as this can possibly be said, go shove a pineapple up your ass.

zombiegristle

Quote Originally Posted by zombie66
    Fallout reference. Baseball Bats can repair Hunting Rifles. It's magic.

SGN Prince of Puyallup zombie66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zombie66
    Fallout reference. Baseball Bats can repair Hunting Rifles. It's magic.
    Ok I gotcha now although I quit playing fallout due to the game frezzing up and IM DONE with bethesda
    Quote Originally Posted by sinus211 View Post
    Jesus fuck. Orion I've stood up for you on many occasions, from nonsense 9mm bouncing off insurgents to downtown Seattle security guard "I am the law" rants. As respectfully as this can possibly be said, go shove a pineapple up your ass.

Sharp Shooter

http://www.theboxotruth.com/

Read what my good friend has to say about birdshot.

Birdshot as a Defense Load
    I have had a lot of questions, summed up as follows: How effective is birdshot (#4, #6, #8, etc.) as a defense load?

We have done tests with various birdshot loads. Birdshot penetrated through two pieces of drywall (representing one wall) and was stopped in the paper on the front of the second wall. The problem with birdshot is that it does not penetrate enough to be effective as a defense round. Birdshot is designed to bring down little birds.

A policeman told of seeing a guy shot at close range with a load of 12 gauge birdshot, and was not even knocked down. He was still walking around when the EMTs got there. It was an ugly, shallow wound, but did not STOP the guy. And that is what we want... to STOP the bad guy from whatever he is doing. To do this, you must have a load that will reach the vitals of the bad guy. Birdshot will not do this.

In fact, tests have shown that even #4 Buckshot lacks the necessary penetration to reach the vital organs. Only 0 Buck, 00 Buck, and 000 Buck penetrate enough to reach the vital organs.

Unless you expect to be attacked by little birds, do not use birdshot. Use 00 Buck. It will do the job.

Birdshot is for birds.....If I engage you in my home with a shotgun, expect to catch numerous and repeated 00 Buck until I am satisfied I have neutralized the threat to my family.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CavVet
    http://www.theboxotruth.com/

Read what my good friend has to say about birdshot.

Birdshot as a Defense Load
    I have had a lot of questions, summed up as follows: How effective is birdshot (#4, #6, #8, etc.) as a defense load?

We have done tests with various birdshot loads. Birdshot penetrated through two pieces of drywall (representing one wall) and was stopped in the paper on the front of the second wall. The problem with birdshot is that it does not penetrate enough to be effective as a defense round. Birdshot is designed to bring down little birds.Who is "we"? At what range did they do their testing, 10 feet, 7 yards? it makes a difference. Last week I tested some 9mm, and they failed to penetrate even a light jacket. (it was at 1000yds, but as long as I dont tell you that I can make the claim and still be truthful. Making claims without putting the expreriment into context is easy.

A policeman told of seeing a guy shot at close range with a load of 12 gauge birdshot, and was not even knocked down. He was still walking around when the EMTs got there. It was an ugly, shallow wound, but did not STOP the guy. And that is what we want... to STOP the bad guy from whatever he is doing. To do this, you must have a load that will reach the vitals of the bad guy. Birdshot will not do this.This happens from time to time, with 9mm, .45, just because you have a shotgun, does not guarantee 1 shot stopping power, regardless of the shot size. Remember the tale of the guy shot 57 times because he wouldnt go down? This one example, without being referenced is meaningless.

In fact, tests have shown that even #4 Buckshot lacks the necessary penetration to reach the vital organs. Only 0 Buck, 00 Buck, and 000 Buck penetrate enough to reach the vital organs. This is 100% false. #4 can, and does reach the vitals. Unless you post his test results, this guy in no more of an expret than any of us on here.

Unless you expect to be attacked by little birds, do not use birdshot. Use 00 Buck. It will do the job.

Birdshot is for birds.....If I engage you in my home with a shotgun, expect to catch numerous and repeated 00 Buck until I am satisfied I have neutralized the threat to my family.
    So you believe this? Then I ask you... since it is so ineffective and harmless, would you stand 10 feet in front of someone and get shot with it? DO NOT actually do this, you will be severely injured and/or killed.

I still doubt that it is ineffective, regardless of what "experts" say. You can have all the tactical and defense training in the world, unless your job is to wait behind a door and shoot people as they come in with varying sizes of shot, then you are NOT an expert.

If you actually followed the link and read the shotgun box-o-truth all your questions would be answered. It clearly states it in the article.
    Reading is your friend.

edited to say, are you an "expert" of any kind? Have YOU shot anyone with bird shot? Are you backing something that you yourself have not tested?
    00 buck has been proven time and time again with military and police forces.
    Guide to Posting Photos on SGN- Thanks for the Gold
    http://seattleguns.net/showthread.ph...t-into-your-ad

Sharp Shooter

Box O truth is good to go they go far above to test the hell out of everything guns and have been as long as i can remember lots of good stuff there one of the best sites online.
    U.S.A. and the Constitution love it and protect it or GTFO

Ron Paul 2012