• conservative?

50 58.82%
  • Right Wing?

7 8.24%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: what are you?

Re: what are you?

Quote Originally Posted by huskylawyer
    I'll exercise a little more brevity in this thread...

I'm pro-choice
    I support gay marriage
    I'm "open borders" when it comes to immigration
    I'm for government health care
    I'm pro-consumer protection (within limits)
    I haven't been to a church (other than marriages for friends), in years.
    If people want to drink on Sundays or buy strange sex toys, I don't care
    I prefer living in the PNW over the South
    I don't believe in trickle down economics

Sooooooo....you can probably guess my class affiliation. :)
    I really don't give a hoot, but when the vote goes that way, all your freedom loving friends want to take MY guns. What's up with that shit, bro?
    IF YOU DON'T LIKE GUNS, THEN DON'T OWN ONE.
    45 + rating, so between that and my CPL, you can't trust me, thanks to I-594! Thanks WA state.

I'm pro-choice
    I support gay marriage

Don't take my comments as inflammatory, I just have some rational questions/comments:

OK, I am with you on some of those, but limited Federal Government powers and the right to keep and bear arms are far more important to me than any of the things on your list...where does the 2nd Amendment fall in your list of priorities?

one more question, if "trickle down economics" doesn't exist, why did we have to bail out the banks and big businesses?

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - Robert A. Heinlein
    Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

view my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Webster82

I'm pro-choice
    I support gay marriage

Open borders? Why would anybody want open borders?

I'm sorry.
    Julian: You're not prostituting yourself for cheeseburgers again, are ya, Randy?
    Randy: A man's gotta eat, Julian.

Government healthcare plus open borders, huh? Why don't we just strip naked, cover ourselves in honey, and jump into an ant hill?
    Quote Originally Posted by movingviolation View Post
    the only reason to "get behind" a politician is to fuck him in the ass, like he deserves

Right to bear arms is way down my list of important issues. I'm an avid gun enthusiast (obviously), but other things are much more important. There are so many firearms out there, the NRA is a powerful lobby, and I live in Washington (generally friendly to gun owners), that I'm just not that concerned about it. Not really an election day consideration for me.

The pro-government healthcare debate is way to long to get into here. But I support it, period, end of story. I just think that people can get private if they want, but they also can get government healthcare if they can't afford or they prefer govt insurance.

As for immigration, I'm for open borders. Even with open borders, the chance I get taken out by a terrorist that come in is probably on par with my chances of winning the lotto. i.e., not very likely. I think it is a complete waste of money to spend money on stopping illegal immigration, because as our history suggests, you can't stop it. I personally think they should just say, everyone can come in, no waiting and bureaucracy, just apply for a SS# and there you go. If you get caught without applying, just send them to the INS and make them fill out the form and there you have it.
    Just remember....when seconds count, the police are 15 to 20 minutes away...
    That's why I have a Walther PPS (9MM), FN 5.7, FN SCAR-L 16, Ed Brown Kobra Carry (1911 .45), Ruger GP100 (.38 or .357), Remington 700 (.308), Kel Tec KSG

Quote Originally Posted by Liet-Kynes
    Quote Originally Posted by Webster82

I'm pro-choice
    I support gay marriage

Open borders? Why would anybody want open borders?

I'm sorry.
    Was that sarcastic?
    "If somebody thinks that they can pick up the phone and dial 911, and the police are going to be there to save them; that's not the case. The police are going to be there to clean up the mess." - Police Chief Mark Kessler

Right to bear arms is way down my list of important issues. I'm an avid gun enthusiast (obviously), but other things are much more important. There are so many firearms out there, the NRA is a powerful lobby, and I live in Washington (generally friendly to gun owners), that I'm just not that concerned about it. Not really an election day consideration for me.

The pro-government healthcare debate is way to long to get into here. But I support it, period, end of story. I just think that people can get private if they want, but they also can get government healthcare if they can't afford or they prefer govt insurance.

As for immigration, I'm for open borders. Even with open borders, the chance I get taken out by a terrorist that come in is probably on par with my chances of winning the lotto. i.e., not very likely. I think it is a complete waste of money to spend money on stopping illegal immigration, because as our history suggests, you can't stop it. I personally think they should just say, everyone can come in, no waiting and bureaucracy, just apply for a SS# and there you go. If you get caught without applying, just send them to the INS and make them fill out the form and there you have it.
    i think I'm lost here.
    "If somebody thinks that they can pick up the phone and dial 911, and the police are going to be there to save them; that's not the case. The police are going to be there to clean up the mess." - Police Chief Mark Kessler

huskylawyer is entitled to his opinion, remember to respect that....

I personally think that we need to control the borders to prevent this kind of police state:[attachment=0:gujsi5cg]yourpapersplease.jpg[/attachment:gujsi5cg]
    Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

view my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

my great grand parents had to do it the right way why dont they not have to anymore? i know what your job is and i soooo wish i could do what you do but i dont/cant but i am on the other side of the things i get to take care of them when you lose your case. i used to work up at FDC seatac where they hold the ones that were just trying to make a better living for them selfs and there family. just so happens A LOT of them got caught with POUNDS of drugs and not just the green stuff or were carring thousands to millions in cash across the boarder thats not just some poor guy that is trying to make a life for himself. i have no problem with people comming over to live here and get out of the shit that they are in it make sence to me i come from a family like that that ran away from hittler and friends to make a better life but they need to do it the right way!
    "if this is the worst thing that happens to me today, i am doing alright"

www.waguns.org

It's not terrorism I'm worried about. It's not immigration itself I'm worried about. It's immigration plus free government goodies (healthcare, housing, food stamps, eta). A welfare state with open borders means you attract the deadbeats from every corner of the world. And you think we have budget problems now... babz gergz babz gergz

Hell, you don't even need the whole world to see this. Ever been to a city that prides itself on being good to the homeless?
    Quote Originally Posted by movingviolation View Post
    the only reason to "get behind" a politician is to fuck him in the ass, like he deserves