Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .460 rowland?

.460 rowland?

I hand a springfield armory loaded ss 1911 I would like to try the .460 rowland on. Is the titanium firing pin going to be able to detonate the primer?
    Wish List-Pre lock Smith & Wesson 625 .45acp 4-6 inch barrel. Ranger Winchester T .45 acp ammo. PM me if willing to sell/trade.

Ranger

Re: .460 rowland?

yes, the 460 rowland is just a lengthened 45auto case that operates at a higher pressure. Almost double the 45acp, your goign to need to go to a lot heavler recoil spring or your going to beat the hell out of your frame.

The Rowland kit from Clark Custom, comes with heavy recoil and firing pin springs.

Yes im.buying the kit.... But otherwise im fine?
    Wish List-Pre lock Smith & Wesson 625 .45acp 4-6 inch barrel. Ranger Winchester T .45 acp ammo. PM me if willing to sell/trade.

Dealer/FFL

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeDanger55
    Yes im.buying the kit.... But otherwise im fine?
    you should be good
    if my price is too high please send me a pm with serious cash offer
    CLOES COMBAT FIREARMS
    specializing in 1911s,ar15s and military firearms

Is this a positive remark? I worry about a light titanium pin igniting with a heavy spring

Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeDanger55
    Is this a positive remark? I worry about a light titanium pin igniting with a heavy spring
    a heavy spring with a light weight firing pin would move faster, I will work.

?

We had 2 460 rowland kits on 2 different colt's. They worked good. We didn't have titanium firing pins, but the people at Clark Customs are great. Just give them a call and ask. They will be more than willing to help out. I suggest sending them your slide assembly though and having it fitted. One of ours was a drop in, and they other had to go back and be fit to the gun.
    Do you reload already? Do you have a set of calipers? If so there is an issue with the newer guns and the kit. It is a barrel hood width difference. Measure your barrel hood you have now. If it is .400, you will have to send them the slide for sure. If it is .440, you might get lucky and have it just drop in. PM me if you need any more info. We are helping another member here with the same thing.

Ill have to find some calipers. And no I don't reload yet