16 22.54%
  • whatever

13 18.31%
  • who the f*** cares its camo

39 54.93%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To all Military people this is a poll

To all Military people this is a poll

So me and a buddy at were at bar in downtown Bothell and there was a random dude wearing army digicamo pants and a Marine told him that it was disrespectful to wear any military uniform out and about. I'd like all military people to please answer this I've talked to many people but never heard anything other than don't wear the patches/badges and or pins and they dont really care. Id just like to hear from you because this Marine was making good and bad points. Please lets make this clear and to the point id like to know so I can support my military to the fullest with out stepping over the line and getting in fight. Thanks yessir yessir yessir
    Save a child. Shoot a drug dealer. My favorite bumper sticker

?....do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Ranger

Re: To all Military people this is a poll

IMO, pants? Absolutely not an issue, and it would be presumptuous of me to say anything. A complete uniform, with rank, patches, or heaven forbid, unearned ribbons, I'd probably think "what a poser," but wouldn't say anything. It's not my place.

Now, if you're a bonehead and start talking nonsense...

Just my .02
    "Attitude and purpose defeat the average man's concious mind at every turn." -tha dude

the dude wearing the pants didn't say anything other then the pants were a memento from his friend that served and died in combat. he was wearing them because thats the only thing he had left from his best friend.

?....do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Ranger

I dont care about camo. Personally, I think it looks stupid. If I see someone wearing an EGA or ribbons and they can answer some basic questions I will take offense if they claim to be something they arent...but I deal with this every day at work. Everyone is a veteran regardless if they have served or not...drives me nuts!
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
    -Robert A. Heinlein

Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by steveptr
    the dude wearing the pants didn't say anything other then the pants were a memento from his friend that served and died in combat. he was wearing them because thats the only thing he had left from his best friend.
    Well, Devil dogs in bars have been known to strike a fire just because--so it's not surprising...lol! I would have told him to mind his business and ignored him.
    "Attitude and purpose defeat the average man's concious mind at every turn." -tha dude

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino-1
    Quote Originally Posted by steveptr
    Well, Devil dogs in bars have been known to strike a fire just because--so it's not surprising...lol! I would have told him to mind his business and ignored him.
    I stopped what was about to turn in to a fight twice. Once in the bar and once out side with the dude (wearing acu pants) went for a smoke. I don't care either way. he in my mind is supporting the military by wearing them. but apparently not in the Marine's.. It was a interesting conversation.

Expert Marksman

I don't really care about camo much. I personally wouldn't wear it out and about cuz its not my thing. I was in the marine corps for five years by the way, so certain things do bug me. I saw a dude at the mall wearing a marine corps charlies shirt with sgt major rank patches on it in jeans and a flat-billed hat.. homo. I also saw a girl at Bellevue college walk by when I was in line to get books and she was also wearing a marine corps charlies shirt with lcpl chevrons on it.. probably not a homo, but a bit disrespectful in my opinion especially since I highly doubt this girl knows a thing about the military or America in general. Am I being prejudice? Yup. Do I care or know for sure that I'm right? Nope. Call me out if ya want, but first appearances USUALLY tell me something and she looked like a green-loving, tree hugging, anti-war hippie to me.. plus like I said it was Bellevue.

Sorry I'm bored.

I also think wearing camo pants anywhere other than the field/range looks stupid, but it doesn't necessarily mean disrespect. More than that and it becomes questionable. Unfortunately there are some people who don't have anything other than their military experience, and get defensive about any part of the uniform. For those that don't know, when you're serving it is against regulations to wear the uniform incorrectly, or to wear a partial uniform, unless you're on a work detail. So it pretty much says you're either not military, or you need some discipline.

I do, however, think that anyone who chooses to wear the ACU pattern has questionable judgement.

Seeing someone wearing the full uniform would be grounds for a call out. Just pants? Lame, but not really offensive.

I saw some dickhead wearing the full uniform very shittily once at a greyhound station...goatee, "lugz" instead of boots, etc. Watched people shake his hand and thank him for his service, he said things like "just doing my part". I confronted him and (eventually) he told me and a SSG that was also coming off leave that he just got chaptered out and claimed to not have any other clothes in his overstuffed bags. I gave him a jacket and a pair of jeans and we told him to take the uniform off. We made him realize what he was doing was disrespectful. We didn't have any legal right to tell him to take the uniform off, but it helped that I wanted to kick his ass and he could sense it. Soldiers fight in, and die, in that uniform...wearing it, when you don't deserve to, is extremely disrespectful.

Soldiers aren't immune either. There are douchey servicemembers that wear their uniforms out and about, on flights, and to ranges that piss me off too. Quick errands are one thing, as are flying to/from deplyoments, and official duty. I'm talking about the dickheads that wear their uniforms and/or gear to the shooting pits, gunshows, and malls on a weekend. It's not only very lame, but also against regulation...at least in the Army. Flying home on leave in uniform is pathetic too. These guys are taking advantage of the 1st class seats and shorter security lines that are there for deployed/redeploying soldiers by wearing their duty uniforms on block leave.

Don't even get me started on soldiers that claim to be SF or Batt. or what-the-hell-ever z I'll call those dudes out on the spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by RapmasterT View Post
    Are you sure it was a guy you know? Are you sure it wasn't...nothing?
    Red Flags - by Soldier Hard [www.redcon1musicgroup.org]

thanks rob thats what im looking for. good solid response.. boobshake Keep it coming guys and gals that served.