16 22.54%
  • whatever

13 18.31%
  • who the f*** cares its camo

39 54.93%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: To all Military people this is a poll

Re: To all Military people this is a poll

I served twice... And I don't care what a civi does as long a you don't open your mouth and let shit spill out that puts the military down.

ACU, BDU, MCU, this U, that U, I don't care. But I'll put it in this context for civilians here. Only 8% of our population has served or serves in our armed forces. That's less than 30 MILLION people. They sacrificed birthdays, holidays, anniversaries, and time away from family to stand on a wall to protect the freedoms of those back home. They stand on a wall, drive in convoys, and live in some of the most shittiest places on the world so we can sleep safely at night. It's because if those brave men and women that we are allowed to have rights, liberties, and freedom that we take for granite. And while i'm disgusted to see the uniform that I wore and cherish on some fat ass in a BAR, he has the right to do so. whenever anyone puts on the uniform of a service member, do it with some ducking respect. Seeing this happen in a bar personally disgusts me because I know of men that died in them.

But I fought for you to have the freedom to do whatever you wish in America. And I was the only guy to give a yes vote.
    "If somebody thinks that they can pick up the phone and dial 911, and the police are going to be there to save them; that's not the case. The police are going to be there to clean up the mess." - Police Chief Mark Kessler

Even the UCMJ recognizes the difference between a "uniform" and one piece of clothing that makes up a uniform. Personally, I think wearing camoflage in public is kind of a cry for attention in itself, much like wearing a kilt or skinny jeans, but it's a long way from disrespectful to soldiers. A soldier acting like a dick to someone wearing a pair of pants is disrespectful to all people who serve though.

Wearing a uniform, rank, or awards you didn't earn is disrespectful as it gets...pants though are just pants.

Sharp Shooter

I was at Front Site for Def Pistol and an older guy comes in wearing ACU bottoms/desert boots and a PT uniform shirt and jacket. I didn't say anything, but in the intro, the guy said he was nearby active duty at Fr Irwin. I asked him afterward what the deal was with his uniform since he was active duty and I just got a bunch of expletives. Probably a REMF who never deployed I assume.

Sharp Shooter

Subject: To all Military people this is a poll

Quote Originally Posted by Robinett_11B
    Soldiers aren't immune either. There are douchey servicemembers that wear their uniforms out and about, on flights, and to ranges that piss me off too. Quick errands are one thing, as are flying to/from deplyoments, and official duty. I'm talking about the dickheads that wear their uniforms and/or gear to the shooting pits, gunshows, and malls on a weekend. It's not only very lame, but also against regulation...at least in the Army. Flying home on leave in uniform is pathetic too. These guys are taking advantage of the 1st class seats and shorter security lines that are there for deployed/redeploying soldiers by wearing their duty uniforms on block leave.
    There are guys in my unit who admit to wearing their uniform profusely for attention. I used to go to the Puyallup show while at lunch in uniform while I drilled at Ft Lewis so I wouldn't miss it though so I am a little guilty, but it takes too long to change out/change in from my small car within my weekend drill lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinett_11B
    Don't even get me started on soldiers that claim to be SF or Batt. or what-the-hell-ever z I'll call those dudes out on the spot.
    Don't go to a WAC show. A guy from my unit looked up a certain fat guy who claims to be a LTC with S. Vietnam service and find out he was an E-4 who maybe saw S. Vietnam, certainly not a grunt as claimed.

I'm not mil but pants are pants. As long as they're not posing a mil what's the problem? No disrespect, I understand the rules are different for soldiers.
    Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/

Quote Originally Posted by steveptr
    the dude wearing the pants didn't say anything other then the pants were a memento from his friend that served and died in combat. he was wearing them because thats the only thing he had left from his best friend.
    I would be curious to hear what the "Marine" said after hearing that .. .. . .
    I am peaceful man, and if trouble knocks on my door it gets two in the chest an one in the head . . .
    http://ThrivingHartNW.com

I wear the woodland cammo while I'm patroling my property, it's a long story involving a neighbor who doesn't understand the concept of a fence, so I need to check for any missing timber on a regular basis. I also wear them while hunting or camping/hiking, as thay're cheap, durable and comfortable. Out in public or in a bar? Nope. I'm a Vet, and I was taught it was against regs to mix military and civilian clothing.
    Where I draw the line is displaying the division patch, rank, ect... if you didn't earn it, you don't bloody well get to wear it in public.
    I only wore my class A's in public once since I seperated in 1980, and that was to a good mates funeral whom I served with. Doubt I'll ever wear them again, especially since I had to lose 10 pounds to get into 'em last time. As far as calling someone out for wearing BDUs, like I said, as long as they're not displaying rank and insignia, I don't really care.
    If good fences make good neighbors, I need the bloody Berlin Wall!

To all Military people this is a poll

Quote Originally Posted by FishRanger
    Quote Originally Posted by steveptr
    the dude wearing the pants didn't say anything other then the pants were a memento from his friend that served and died in combat. he was wearing them because thats the only thing he had left from his best friend.
    I would be curious to hear what the "Marine" said after hearing that .. .. . .
    fish ranger he said that instead of wearing the pants that he should of framed them.

Sent from hell
    Save a child. Shoot a drug dealer. My favorite bumper sticker

?....do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Yep, sounds like a drunk Jarine looking for a conflict . ... . .No offense bulldog ....

Some people just can't mind their own business. ... .

Someone else's wardrobe choices are not my concern, unless they are wearing badges, medals, rank they didn't earn. ... . then, maybe. .. .
    I am peaceful man, and if trouble knocks on my door it gets two in the chest an one in the head . . .
    http://ThrivingHartNW.com

Sharp Shooter

After I got out of the military, I wore my camo pants until I wore them out. Nobody ever said anything and I really didn't care.

There's nothing wrong with it as long as you don't wear rank and patches. Without identifying rank insignia's or patches, they are simply just clothes to wear as you please.

The Marine doesn't know what he's talking about.