16 22.54%
  • whatever

13 18.31%
  • who the f*** cares its camo

39 54.93%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: To all Military people this is a poll

Re: To all Military people this is a poll

I decided to throw my 2 cents in on this thread.

I am a disabled combat vet and hunter and I wear the acu and bdu pants fairly regularly. I also sometimes wear a bdu blouse with the sleeves cut off that has my stripes sewn on while wearing blue jeans. I wear all of this because its comfortable, has great function and maybe in some small way helps me to feel a little more in touch with my pre-injury "better" days.

I don't wear any of it to impress anyone. I could give a fuck less what anybody thinks is fashionable or tacky. The proudest day of my life was when I became a NCO. If some motherfucker ever disrespects me because I'm wearing parts of my uniforms, he will be bleeding profusely shortly. I would rather serve time in jail then allow some bitch to talk shit about my uniform. And god help anyone who has something to say about the rank on my vest. I earned those stripes and gave up any chance at a regular or long life in order to serve. I've lost almost everything because of my injuries but no one can ever take away my service record and the pride I have in how well I did.

I am a civillian now, I understand this and because of that I wil not wear my full uniform. I don't care about other civillians who wear parts of the various uniforms either. I don't think its right for anyone who isn't active military to wear a full uniform though. Civillians who never served wearing awards and decorations? I think its in poor taste but I don't care enough to do more than roll my eyes. I do my best to keep a low profile and fly under the radar. Rarely do I go out and mingle with the general public so I really don't see what people are wearing and don't pay much attention to clothes anyways.

To each his own.
    SGN is where I go to get my morning cupful of irony. My cup runneth over. -me

I like to see how many Vets we have here.
    "If somebody thinks that they can pick up the phone and dial 911, and the police are going to be there to save them; that's not the case. The police are going to be there to clean up the mess." - Police Chief Mark Kessler

To all Military people this is a poll

As being a former Marine I always do find it strange to see all the air force and army boys and girls out getting lunch, shopping ect. In their full camo uniforms. This was/is unheard of in the Marines. I'm not so much offended just find it odd that it's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by 50d newbie
    As being a former Marine I always do find it strange to see all the air force and army boys and girls out getting lunch, shopping ect. In their full camo uniforms. This was/is unheard of in the Marines. I'm not so much offended just find it odd that it's ok.
    Navy does the same. I saw Marines do it down in Diego a bunch too.
    "If somebody thinks that they can pick up the phone and dial 911, and the police are going to be there to save them; that's not the case. The police are going to be there to clean up the mess." - Police Chief Mark Kessler

We had a thread like this before, I asked the same question in the last one.

What about re-enactors? A few show up to the WAC shows, both as WWII (Axis and Allies) and Vietnam. I used to reenact and after hours I'd dress it down but not change out.
    Guide to Posting Photos on SGN- Thanks for the Gold
    http://seattleguns.net/showthread.ph...t-into-your-ad

Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by tha dude
    I decided to throw my 2 cents in on this thread.

I am a disabled combat vet and hunter and I wear the acu and bdu pants fairly regularly. I also sometimes wear a bdu blouse with the sleeves cut off that has my stripes sewn on while wearing blue jeans. I wear all of this because its comfortable, has great function and maybe in some small way helps me to feel a little more in touch with my pre-injury "better" days.

I don't wear any of it to impress anyone. I could give a fuck less what anybody thinks is fashionable or tacky. The proudest day of my life was when I became a NCO. If some motherfucker ever disrespects me because I'm wearing parts of my uniforms, he will be bleeding profusely shortly. I would rather serve time in jail then allow some bitch to talk shit about my uniform. And god help anyone who has something to say about the rank on my vest. I earned those stripes and gave up any chance at a regular or long life in order to serve. I've lost almost everything because of my injuries but no one can ever take away my service record and the pride I have in how well I did.

I am a civillian now, I understand this and because of that I wil not wear my full uniform. I don't care about other civillians who wear parts of the various uniforms either. I don't think its right for anyone who isn't active military to wear a full uniform though. Civillians who never served wearing awards and decorations? I think its in poor taste but I don't care enough to do more than roll my eyes. I do my best to keep a low profile and fly under the radar. Rarely do I go out and mingle with the general public so I really don't see what people are wearing and don't pay much attention to clothes anyways.

To each his own.
    "What's with the chevrons, boy?!?!". Lol! J/k!!

I totally agree , dude.
    "Attitude and purpose defeat the average man's concious mind at every turn." -tha dude

Quote Originally Posted by 50d newbie
    Why? Are marines on base lockdown during their duty hours? I can't speak for the Marines, but Army regs were very clear that this was perfectly ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwitter

What about re-enactors? A few show up to the WAC shows, both as WWII (Axis and Allies) and Vietnam. I used to reenact and after hours I'd dress it down but not change out.
    Remembering our past, even through re-enactments, are perfectly okay. Just as long as people keep it as accurate as possible. There's nothing like fucking up the past more than like getting it totally wrong from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Webster82
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwitter

Remembering our past, even through re-enactments, are perfectly okay. Just as long as people keep it as accurate as possible. There's nothing like fucking up the past more than like getting it totally wrong from the beginning.
    I see what you are saying, but there is nothing accurate about a 250 pound 40 year old para troopers that show up to WAC shows and public displays. To play the devils advocate, is that not disrespectful to the actual vets? Personally I don't think so, but I am also not a vet.

I reenacted FJR6, which was the last jump trained German regiment, we where all fit and ran circles around all the Allied units.
    Guide to Posting Photos on SGN- Thanks for the Gold
    http://seattleguns.net/showthread.ph...t-into-your-ad

Sharp Shooter

I still wear my woodland bdu pants, name tape and all, while hiking or pit shooting, but never out in public. When I served the navy didn't have the current blue digital uniform, and treated camo much differently. You couldn't go to public places in bdus or off base in them unless it was straight home. They replaced the working utility and dungaree uniform with the new NWU digital camo and changed the regulations so you can now wear camo outside of work.

Luckily for the navy you don't see too many people walking around wearing that horrible pattern haha.

As far as civilians go, it's none of my business what people want to wear. As long as they aren't intentionally impersonating military personell, I think it's fine. A bit tacky, but I wear a multicam ballcap sometimes, so who am I to judge?