Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Good or bad political ad?

  1. #1
    Operator Gasitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Gig Harbor WA
    Posts
    2,900

    Good or bad political ad?

    Personally, I think it hits the mark. Too bad many in this country fail to see the realization of the ad and want to condemn it because it is racial. Really? We don't see Asians talk like this? They do not play music in oriental movies like the music in the ad? Everyone has a OMG, they did what attitude, but they fail to see the message.

    http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20 ... enate-race
    If it weren't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless.

    Quote Originally Posted by John Brown View Post
    I would suck farts out of her ass like bong hits.

  2. #2
    Tactical Operator AR15L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Auburn, WA
    Posts
    4,503

    Re: Good or bad political ad?


  3. #3
    Sniper RapmasterT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    6,817

    Re: Good or bad political ad?

    I think it's more than a little racist to insist that every ethnic group be portrayed as speaking 100% grammatically correct english. THAT is racist as all get out, refusing to allow people to be portrayed as they really are.

  4. #4
    Operator Gasitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Gig Harbor WA
    Posts
    2,900

    Re: Good or bad political ad?

    Quote Originally Posted by RapmasterT
    I think it's more than a little racist to insist that every ethnic group be portrayed as speaking 100% grammatically correct English. THAT is racist as all get out, refusing to allow people to be portrayed as they really are.
    How so, if you went to China, and asked someone about this issue, and they spoke English, do you think it would of sounded any different? They are portraying a woman from China. That is how it would be answered. Is the movie Austin Powers raciest against white englishers? I mean he had bad yellow teeth. No one got up in arms over it?
    So if we made a highlight reel on the 6 O'clock news of real good Teriyaki shops in Seattle, do you expect to see some redneck owner? Oh wait, how many people make fun of Americans and compare us to Larry the Cable guy? Blacks say, let me ax u sumtin, is that racist or correct reflection? Ever watch Seinfeld, how about the soup Nazi and his broken English?

    I see no racism in this ad, I see people bitching about the ad and deterring away from the message because of the truth it is showing.
    If it weren't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless.

    Quote Originally Posted by John Brown View Post
    I would suck farts out of her ass like bong hits.

  5. #5
    Sharp Shooter Samnang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burien
    Posts
    689

    Re: Good or bad political ad?

    I don't think it's racist, but I can see how it can be offensive. Why? Because the girl in the ad can clearly speak English well, but they're making her speak broken English (stereotypical). In other words, she has an American accent. When you do this, it's almost as if you are mocking Asians. If you're gonna make a person speak broken English, at least make it authentic. That's how it can be somewhat offensive, but I don't take any offense to it.

    It's also not a smart move. Using an ad like this is asking for negative reactions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gasitman
    How so, if you went to China, and asked someone about this issue, and they spoke English, do you think it would of sounded any different? They are portraying a woman from China. That is how it would be answered.
    Yes, it would sound different. And no, that is not how it would be answered (you're stereotyping here, and incorrectly as well). Again, it's because she clearly has an American accent, not an Asian one.

  6. #6
    Operator Gasitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Gig Harbor WA
    Posts
    2,900

    Re: Good or bad political ad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Samnang
    I don't think it's racist, but I can see how it can be offensive. Why? Because the girl in the ad can clearly speak English well, but they're making her speak broken English (stereotypical). In other words, she has an American accent. When you do this, it's almost as if you are mocking Asians. If you're gonna make a person speak broken English, at least make it authentic. That's how it can be somewhat offensive, but I don't take any offense to it.

    It's also not a smart move. Using an ad like this is asking for negative reactions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gasitman
    How so, if you went to China, and asked someone about this issue, and they spoke English, do you think it would of sounded any different? They are portraying a woman from China. That is how it would be answered.
    Yes, it would sound different. And no, that is not how it would be answered (you're stereotyping here, and incorrectly as well). Again, it's because she clearly has an American accent, not an Asian one.
    I see your point, but even if they used am Asian that spoke broken English, I think they would still condemn the commercial and take away from what it's message is.
    If it weren't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless.

    Quote Originally Posted by John Brown View Post
    I would suck farts out of her ass like bong hits.

  7. #7
    Sniper RapmasterT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    6,817

    Re: Good or bad political ad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gasitman
    I see no racism in this ad, I see people bitching about the ad and deterring away from the message because of the truth it is showing.
    I don't see racism in the ad either. I see racism in people claiming the ad is racist because the girl doesn't conform to their ideal of what an Asian woman should talk like.

    Although to be fair, when I watched the video, the audio cuts out when the commercial starts...so I have no idea WHAT she sounds like. Is that just me, or was it that way for everyone?

  8. #8
    Operator Gasitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Gig Harbor WA
    Posts
    2,900

    Re: Good or bad political ad?

    just you.
    If it weren't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless.

    Quote Originally Posted by John Brown View Post
    I would suck farts out of her ass like bong hits.

  9. #9
    Jedi Knight jukk0u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Kirkland. All future transactions will occur before 12/4/2014
    Posts
    10,810

    Re: Good or bad political ad?

    It's not RACIST it is NATIONALIST.

    The idea is United States vs. China

    There are blacks, whites, natives, asians and etc in The United States. Americans.

    In China there are Hmong, Tibetan, Han, and Zhonghua Minzu to name a few but they are all Chinese.

    This is a political(economic) distinction. Not racial.

    Just like complaining about ILLEGAL Mexicans is not the same as discriminating against hispanic-Americans.

    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Hoe ... FORM=VIRE1

  10. #10
    Sharp Shooter dimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Woodinville
    Posts
    961

    Re: Good or bad political ad?

    Racist? No, I think racist is a word that should be reserved for actual racist things (such as calling one race inferior or denying opportunity to somebody because of their race).

    The ad is ham-fisted.
    Quote Originally Posted by movingviolation View Post
    the only reason to "get behind" a politician is to fuck him in the ass, like he deserves

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •