View Poll Results: Would you support a new arena for the NHL/NBA?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would buy NHL/NBA Season tickets for atleast one team.

6 6.98%
  • I would go to several NHL/NBA games every season.

13 15.12%
  • I would go to a game or two each season.

13 15.12%
  • Hell no, a new arena is a waste of money.

54 62.79%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you support a new arena for the NHL/NBA?

Re: Would you support a new arena for the NHL/NBA?

How do you say Seattle is not a hockey town? Seems to me 95% of the people in this thread support hockey more than basketball. I would say, if it came, and I could afford to go, I would go at least 4 times a year, and if I could only go to one game it would be Seattle against either Buffalo, or Calgary, or the penguins, or the rangers, ah fuck it, I'm going to a god dam game!! :lol:
    If it weren't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless.

Quote Originally Posted by John Brown View Post
    I would suck farts out of her ass like bong hits.

SGN Chicken Fried Steak Crusader's Avatar
    A secret location high above the metropolis of Everett

I have to agree with JB on this one. Sport teams bring in a shit ton of revenue. Not every city is gonna be a baseball town, not every city is going to embrace
    a hockey team, but those that do reap the rewards.

I grew up back east and have lived in the area since 1986. Besides all this talk about hockey and basketball, which is good. I still think we need to pull
    our collective heads out of our asses, who in their right minds say No to a Nascar sanctioned track? I still can't believe out state blew that one.
    Race fan or not, just ask someone who live relatively close to a track and they'll tell you how much that track means to the local economy.
    Yes there are problems with traffic and race weekend congestion, but you know what? They learn, and adapt.
    The simple fact that a track in this region would have pulled in Indy Car, Nascar, Craftsman Trucks etc..would have meant huge revenue for our state.

I've been to some of the biggest tracks, Daytona, Charlotte, Talledaga. Those cities roll out the red carpet and roll in big fat wads of cash.
    I still like pro football and baseball, can't really afford football tickets, but we support the Mariners and usually attend at least five games a year.
    Living in Everett we go to a few hockey games, especially cowbell night!
    Lord if I die, please don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them.

Banned

They could open it as a nude ice skating rink in the summer, to help with funds.... I would buy beer and a ticket for that! boobshake

The stadium would be bigger than just a hockey or basketball franchise. Since those sports are winter/spring based there would be a whole summer of concerts, and other venues. Hopefully involving the UFC for a couple Saturday evenings every year. slizap
    "When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice.” Ted Nugent

[quote="John Brown"
    Please refrain from name calling. It's against the rules.
    [/quote]

Funny, I noticed that you removed "morons" from your original statement.

Quote Originally Posted by crusader
    I have to agree with JB on this one. Sport teams bring in a shit ton of revenue. Not every city is gonna be a baseball town, not every city is going to embrace
    a hockey team, but those that do reap the rewards.

I grew up back east and have lived in the area since 1986. Besides all this talk about hockey and basketball, which is good. I still think we need to pull
    our collective heads out of our asses, who in their right minds say No to a Nascar sanctioned track? I still can't believe out state blew that one.
    Race fan or not, just ask someone who live relatively close to a track and they'll tell you how much that track means to the local economy.
    Yes there are problems with traffic and race weekend congestion, but you know what? They learn, and adapt.
    The simple fact that a track in this region would have pulled in Indy Car, Nascar, Craftsman Trucks etc..would have meant huge revenue for our state.

I've been to some of the biggest tracks, Daytona, Charlotte, Talledaga. Those cities roll out the red carpet and roll in big fat wads of cash.
    I still like pro football and baseball, can't really afford football tickets, but we support the Mariners and usually attend at least five games a year.
    Living in Everett we go to a few hockey games, especially cowbell night!
    The problem with a NASCAR facility is getting the NASCAR backing. NONE of the owners or teams support a track in the NW. To far from any other venue. I worked on a pit crew for Evernham (Kahne) for a couple of races (Atlanta and Dallas/Fort worth) 5 years ago. This was talked about at length with other crew members...Those guys and the owners already loathe having to do Fontana. Let alone drive another 1200 miles to a possibly rained out event in the NW. The logistics of getting cars and crews to CA is a headache, let alone to Seattle. NASCAR is a southern roots based racing series. Thats why all the tracks are back east.

Pro sports in general... thuperz
    "Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence; true friendship is a plant of slow growth," --George Washington,1783

Would this be the same forward thinkers that brought us Mayor McSchwinn, the kingdome and fancy stainless steel public outhouses?

While I agree it would be good for the local economy, I don't agree that any taxpayer funds should be used to build a stadium.
    "Life is tough ..... It's even tougher if you're stupid." ..... John Wayne

I would support it if its funded by private investors and maybe some tax money.
    I dont like basketball, so i would never go. Hockey though, i would go to some games assuming ticket prices arent outrageous. It would make alot of jobs, beer soda and food all have to be delivered to the stadium not to mention the boost to all the businesses around there. For those who say Seattle isnt a hockey town, was Seattle a soccer town before the sounders came? Funny though, i will vote down any school levy or fire increase...but a stadium, sure! babz

Jedi Knight

[quote=chich627][quote="John Brown"
    Please refrain from name calling. It's against the rules.
    [/quote]

Funny, I noticed that you removed "morons" from your original statement.
    Yes sir, I did. As it was intended to address the sheeple in this town in general, but you assumed I was talking about you. You decided to take ownership of it. Either way, it was not directed at anyone in particular, unlike you calling ME a fucking asshole, which could not be interpreted any other way.

Lynnwood, the land of tinfoil hats... Killing shit

Private investor from SF... Seattle native. No pulic $