View Poll Results: Would you support a new arena for the NHL/NBA?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would buy NHL/NBA Season tickets for atleast one team.

6 6.98%
  • I would go to several NHL/NBA games every season.

13 15.12%
  • I would go to a game or two each season.

13 15.12%
  • Hell no, a new arena is a waste of money.

54 62.79%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you support a new arena for the NHL/NBA?

Re: Would you support a new arena for the NHL/NBA?

Quote Originally Posted by Gasitman
    How do you say Seattle is not a hockey town? Seems to me 95% of the people in this thread support hockey more than basketball. I would say, if it came, and I could afford to go, I would go at least 4 times a year, and if I could only go to one game it would be Seattle against either Buffalo, or Calgary, or the penguins, or the rangers, ah fuck it, I'm going to a god dam game!! :lol:
    I know, and I think that's great. But that's 10 people. I'm basing my statement on the fact that there are only 4 rinks in King County and exactly zero hockey shops in all of western WA. There is one place that stocks a very limited supply of gear (Play it again sports in Lynnwood, but only that one) since the only dedicated shop closed a couple of years ago due to lack of business. Yes, the rinks do have a few things on hand, but it's similar to buying ammo at the range...you only buy it there when you've forgotten something. There is some youth hockey around, but not much. I play hockey 3-4 times a week and also sometimes play in the men's league. However since there is only one adult league in the area (no competition) the prices are pretty high so I can't always do that.

If it happens, I will certainly go to hockey games whenever I can. And if it is privately funded then all of this is moot.

Jedi Knight

Quote Originally Posted by supergenius
    Private investor from SF... Seattle native. No pulic $
    I've heard that there would need to be some public money for road improvements, etc. But a hotel tax or something similar would pay for it.

Lynnwood, the land of tinfoil hats... Killing shit

Quote Originally Posted by John Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by supergenius
    Private investor from SF... Seattle native. No pulic $
    I've heard that there would need to be some public money for road improvements, etc. But a hotel tax or something similar would pay for it.

Totally believe that, and I could see some infrastructure modification being neccessary, but NOTHING along the lines of building the stadium that some shclub wants to pay for

Jedi Knight

I'm sure the city would require some new BIKE LANES!!!!

jestera

SGN Chicken Fried Steak Crusader's Avatar
    A secret location high above the metropolis of Everett

Jeeze..I wonder if this does get built, you think there would be a Starbucks close? jestera
    Lord if I die, please don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them.

I have an idea...how about the billionaire team owners build their own stadium for their millionaire players to play in.

It's funny how anti-tax people can be until it comes to something THEY want, whether it's a legitimate use of government funds or not.

If it's privately funded, then knock yourselves out. It doesn't matter what I think.

If it's tax-funded, fuck no. "Good for the economy" my ass. You mean good for the team, the restaurants around the stadium, and good for city hall from all the taxes and fees. I don't work for any of them. I am, however, a tax payer. I don't want to submit to another royal screwjob from this state so other people can get rich and say their particular section of the economy has improved. Then of course in 10 years they'll come back with their begging cup saying they have another plan to improve [s:2h8k5w60]their wallets[/s:2h8k5w60]the economy.

upurz
    Quote Originally Posted by movingviolation View Post
    the only reason to "get behind" a politician is to fuck him in the ass, like he deserves

Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by John Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by stompah
    I do have to say one thing. If the current ownership of the Hawks or the Mariners have an interest in this then I am out. They play loser ball.

If an owner comes in and builds a winning team myself and a lot of other people will be lined up to watch. The Mariners and Hawks are just depressing. Seattle needs a winning team that has more appeal to Americans. Soccer just doesn't do it for a lot of people.
    I can see why you would say the Mariners, but the Seahawks are another story. Paul Allen owns the Portland Trailblazers so he cannot own another basketball team, and the Mariners ownership would have no interest.

The lack of knowledge here about pro sports is amazing.
    JB, your right I do have a lack of knowledge about pro sports. I move here a few years back. I have zero incentive to follow the Seahawks or Mariners. I moved here from Boston where I followed the Pats who sucked after losing to the bears in the Super Bowl. And then the Sox, who had always played second fiddle to the Yankees.

Now you expect me to keep up with two teams that hover at or below .500.... Dude pass. The weather here can be depressing enough.

Sports radio was never my bag. And there isn't anything exciting to read about in the paper. So pardon my lack of Seattle Sports Scene education.

Tactical Operator spikedzombies's Avatar

From what ive heard, there is no TAXES going to this venture, it will all be privately funded.
    I dont hate people, I just hate you... But I Love redheads!!!

Yes I have my business license.. NO I Won't give you a discount unless your a redhead..

Quote Originally Posted by spikedzombies
    From what ive heard, there is no TAXES going to this venture, it will all be privately funded.

Yeah..and the check is in the mail, I love you, and I won't cum in your mouth.

Fuckers will spend public money...No question about it. getsomez
    "Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence; true friendship is a plant of slow growth," --George Washington,1783