View Poll Results: Would you support a new arena for the NHL/NBA?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would buy NHL/NBA Season tickets for atleast one team.

6 6.98%
  • I would go to several NHL/NBA games every season.

13 15.12%
  • I would go to a game or two each season.

13 15.12%
  • Hell no, a new arena is a waste of money.

54 62.79%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Would you support a new arena for the NHL/NBA?

Jedi Knight

Re: Would you support a new arena for the NHL/NBA?

For those of you sniveling about your tax dollars, read this:

http://www.king5.com/news/cities/seattl ... 21154.html

Especially this part:

""If somebody comes forward and is going to spend or invest hundreds of millions of dollars in our city, we have to take that seriously," McGinn said Monday.

McGinn said no public money would be used to build a new stadium -- no dollars from the general fund and no new taxes."

SOOOOO.....the poll and the topic question is invalid. You won't be SUPPORTING an ARENA at all. You can CHOOSE to support a TEAM by going to the games and buying tickets.

The majority who voted on the poll, voted for something that isn't an option in the first place.

Maybe the title should have been would you support a TEAM? Not an arena.

That's all fine and dandy if a private investor wants to carry all of the burden and thinks it will be profitable. Shit, I might even go.

I just detest the idea of the city of seattle bringing in more tax revenue. They do stupid shit with that money like build bike lanes, and appeal state pre-emption in regards to the lawful carry of firearms.

They also hire people to map out bike lanes and pay 'em six figure salaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco75
    i would eat jizz before you can fuck my wife...i just wont take it from the tap
    if Trump wins I will buy all you fuckers a Glock...but not a used SGN one...

Jedi Knight

Quote Originally Posted by rayjax82
    That's all fine and dandy if a private investor wants to carry all of the burden and thinks it will be profitable. Shit, I might even go.

I just detest the idea of the city of seattle bringing in more tax revenue. They do stupid shit with that money like build bike lanes, and appeal state pre-emption in regards to the lawful carry of firearms.

They also hire people to map out bike lanes and pay 'em six figure salaries.
    Vote out the asshole who loves bike lanes. Problem solved. tiphatt

There's also a monorail I paid a bunch of money for and never saw. You know that won't happen JB. Seattle never met a libtard politician they didn't like.
    i would eat jizz before you can fuck my wife...i just wont take it from the tap
    if Trump wins I will buy all you fuckers a Glock...but not a used SGN one...

Jedi Knight

Quote Originally Posted by rayjax82
    There's also a monorail I paid a bunch of money for and never saw. You know that won't happen JB. Seattle never met a libtard politician they didn't like.
    Yes, but you are getting way off topic.

Based on no public funding for a new arena......

The real question is, who would support NBA and NHL teams in Seattle? Who would go to games?

I would.

I would stand in line to buy the first tickets released.
    "When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice.” Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by John Brown
    McGinn just gave $1.5 million for "the arts". You should be very happy.
    Why should I be happy about that? Sounds like another $1.5 million pissed away that we don't have.

based on that, I don't give a fuck if they build a WNBA stadium. However, I'll stand up right now and put $100 bet against that not happening...not in a million years. a 100% privately funded stadium is 100% guaranteed not to happen.

Key Arena is outdated, run down, has hideous sight lines for sports, and is too small to attract pro teams.
    Key Arena is damn near brand new, it's a great facility. I don't know how you can complain about sight lines unless you're too cheap to buy decent seats. Are we just going to pretend that the Sonics didn't play there for decades? It is too small for hockey, that much is true. Maybe we should stop building single use stadiums for sports that don't even overlap seasons...maybe after the next one.

I don't really have any skin in the game, Since I avoid Seattle as much as possible.
    If a private investor wants to build a stadium, fine, his money.
    I will be shocked if a privately funded stadium is built.
    I still don't support pro sports.
    "Life is tough ..... It's even tougher if you're stupid." ..... John Wayne

Jedi Knight

Quote Originally Posted by RapmasterT
    Quote Originally Posted by John Brown
    McGinn just gave $1.5 million for "the arts". You should be very happy.
    Why should I be happy about that? Sounds like another $1.5 million pissed away that we don't have.

based on that, I don't give a fuck if they build a WNBA stadium. However, I'll stand up right now and put $100 bet against that not happening...not in a million years. a 100% privately funded stadium is 100% guaranteed not to happen.

[quote:1u4ttjy9]Key Arena is outdated, run down, has hideous sight lines for sports, and is too small to attract pro teams.
    Key Arena is damn near brand new, it's a great facility. I don't know how you can complain about sight lines unless you're too cheap to buy decent seats. Are we just going to pretend that the Sonics didn't play there for decades? It is too small for hockey, that much is true. Maybe we should stop building single use stadiums for sports that don't even overlap seasons...maybe after the next one.[/quote:1u4ttjy9]

Key Arena is almost brand new? Huh? What have you been smoking? A great facility? Give me a break. Everything about it is outdated. The NBA needs at least 18,000 seats and there was no way it could be done with that building.

And the way they design indoor venues these days, there's hardly a bad seat in the house. The Key has a shitload of lousy seats. And its always been piss poor for concerts.

Banned

We have the ice ring in Kent so why can't we have a NHL team there? NBA....I hope we never get the NBA here.