Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Homeowner shoots invader

Re: Homeowner shoots invader

Quote Originally Posted by sinus211
    Edmonds represent! Bet it was an old blue hair with a .38 sp snubbie.

About 5 blocks from my place, kinda unusual around these neighborhoods!
    Not everybody in Edmonds is a "blue hair" :)
    "We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."--- George Orwell (1903-1950)

Ranger

If the economy continues to stagnate, i suspect we'll be seeing more and more burglaries and home invasions...
    "Attitude and purpose defeat the average man's concious mind at every turn." -tha dude

+1 Homeowner
    -1 Scumbags
    Jim Childers
    Whidbey Arms & Rimfire Tactical
    http://www.whidbeyarms.com (growing daily) http://www.rimfiretactical.com (coming soon)
    Any information provided herein should not be relied upon by anyone for any purpose whatsoever without independent verification.
    Life Member NRA/Business Alliance/NRA Recruiter
    Current WAC/CWSA/WSRPA/HHRG Member/BBB A+ Rated

Patrolman

No tears for slain Edmonds burglary suspect

Judging from the comments left by readers at the Seattle P-I.com and KOMO websites, not too many people are sorry that a honeowner in Edmonds fatally shot a burglary suspect Tuesday evening.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-s ... ry-suspect

Do the police take your pistol/firearm after an incident likw this? Im always worried that if used even if in the right, you may have a period where authorities hold your firearm.
    I keep a steel pipe in my closet and wonder legally if thats a better choice. Good for tge home owner though. Ive been robbed twice.... I hate thieves.
    Wish List-Pre lock Smith & Wesson 625 .45acp 4-6 inch barrel. Ranger Winchester T .45 acp ammo. PM me if willing to sell/trade.

The fear of losing your firearm after shooting someone is pretty nice to think about... after the incident. Before and during... not.

Yes, typically they will take posession of your firearm for "evidence" and once the investigation is cleared... you get it back.

Having a steel pipe is way too close. Its like hand to hand combat... if you are that close to a BG. Then you use whatever means to defend yourself. A firearm allows you to keep some distance and safer away from the BG. That close you give way too much risk/benefit to the BG while gaining none or very little.
    Tentsile Affiliate
    www.Tentsile.com
    Use Code YOUNGKIM10 to get 10% off

I'm shopping for HD shotguns, I've had one on the list for a while but due to not really being able to shoot them conveniently anywhere anymore I haven't picked one up. This bumps a 12-gauge to the top of the list.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by totway1
    Quote Originally Posted by sinus211
    Edmonds represent! Bet it was an old blue hair with a .38 sp snubbie.

About 5 blocks from my place, kinda unusual around these neighborhoods!
    Not everybody in Edmonds is a "blue hair" :)
    Was 25 years ago. Mom always told us to watch out for the blue hairs when riding bikes. I lived on 93rd between 220th and 224th.
    Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/

Shooter

I live about 1 block away as the crow flies, wife was outside having a smoke and heard the shots, she says she heard 3, could see the blue lights through the neighbors trees. Cops were racing around trying to figure out how to get to the address because of a dead end street blocking 90th. Lived here for about 5+ years never heard of any break-ins until now, hope this isn't the start of a trend.

Quote Originally Posted by boblmc99
    I live about 1 block away as the crow flies, wife was outside having a smoke and heard the shots, she says she heard 3, could see the blue lights through the neighbors trees. Cops were racing around trying to figure out how to get to the address because of a dead end street blocking 90th. Lived here for about 5+ years never heard of any break-ins until now, hope this isn't the start of a trend.

sounds like the end of a trend in your immediate area cheeringz
    "When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice.” Ted Nugent