Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The feedback system is broken

Sharp Shooter
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

The feedback system is broken

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=71943

The guy listed a price- OBO, he got offered 250 and took that. For them to have such a hurt vagina to give the guy a negative- when they never did ANY deal with them at all is wrong.

The feedback system is broken and cannot be trusted. "Waaaaa, he hurt my pussy, Im going to leave him a negative". That is just wrong.

One needs to have done a deal or had a deal in place to leave feedback. If the guy had said yes to an offer from one of them and THEM said no, I have a better offer, fine- a negative is warranted. But to be all flavors of butthurt because they didnt steal the guys rifle is wrong. For two of them who neither had a deal in place to leave him negative feedbacks is wrong.

The good thing is we have a friend/foe check. I can foe these two and not deal with them.

Banned
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Re: The feedback system is broken

So if a listing goes up for a certain price, that you know to be low... should you not be able to make a full price cash offer and be confident that its yours?

I'm sure most the guys are upset, mainly because they didnt get the rifle themselves... BUT an asking price is an asking price, and if the seller wont stick to his word, then it puts you in the position of... "I have to be prepared to spend more for this than anyone else will." Thats an auction. Thats not what we do here. Period.

Sharp Shooter
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hyiuheehee
    So if a listing goes up for a certain price, that you know to be low... should you not be able to make a full price cash offer and be confident that its yours?

it is yours when the guy says "ok".

how about hte guy who beat you by 5 minutes?

How about i dont want to sell it to that guy because he is an asshole?

an offer is just that AN OFFER. its not YOURS until its a DEAL.

Feedback Score
    79 (100%)

Members who abuse the feedback system and leave feedback that is unwarranted, will enjoy a nice long timeout, we will not tolerate that period!

Feedback Score
    169 (100%)

Only thing I saw as broken was that when I was leaving feedback from my phone and I accidentally hit the "submit" button twice I got a warning message that said, "you can only leave feedback once every 86400 seconds!" 86,400 huh? Was bored in the car driving home (no stereo) so did the math in my head and it's friggin 24 hours? Why not just have 24 hours listed??? z

Then I had my comp freeze up and hit submit an extra time for another feedback and left the guy more than one in a row. That went through just fine??? TinCan fixed it for me though.

Maybe my "submit" finger is what's broken. jestera

Feedback Score
    79 (100%)

Both users who left negative feedback didnt have a deal with the seller, therefore they abused the feedback system and will be taking a vacation. Feedback is for making a deal and not following through with the agreed deal. Feedback is not for the butt hurt guy who missed a sweet deal and is pissed off about it. The seller posted a price with best offer, he got the best offer and accepted it, best offer doesnt meant the best lowest offer. The seller also doesnt have to sell to the first person saying I will take it, he can sell to whoever he wants, regardless of when a pm was sent.

Banned
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

What about the guys who left positive feedback? They didnt have a deal with him either.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skidoo
    Both users who left negative feedback didnt have a deal with the seller, therefore they abused the feedback system and will be taking a vacation. Feedback is for making a deal and not following through with the agreed deal. Feedback is not for the butt hurt guy who missed a sweet deal and is pissed off about it. The seller posted a price with best offer, he got the best offer and accepted it, best offer doesnt meant the best lowest offer. The seller also doesnt have to sell to the first person saying I will take it, he can sell to whoever he wants, regardless of when a pm was sent.
    I think 30% of SG.net members do not understand the concept of selling an item and when it is considered 'sold pending meet up / exchange'

it's not an 'I'll take it race' with the keyboard. What if the seller lives in bum-screw Enumclaw and the 1st guy to reply I'll take it lives in Bellingham ? It's the sellers right to do the deal with whom he wishes to deal with ... irregardless of any order of offers / PM's etc ... Once a deal is hammered out and BOTH buyer and seller agree on all terms, then a deal is consumated.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skidoo

Interesting. I have struggled with this myself while selling. Ive always wonder what the best course of action is, if two guys give you a full cash offer while one is down the street and one is 30 miles away and cant make it for two or three days. Personally I have just tried to state in my add what will take priority.

Im guessing the best way is to be as upfront and honest as possible while making deals?

Please dont take this as rude, but it is OK to offer more than the asking price?

Benja455 said, "her name is Zahara, I think she just has a deep voice?"

Make up your own mind and wear the pink underwear and eat Twinkies for dinner.

Feedback Score
    79 (100%)

Please dont take this as rude, but it is OK to offer more than the asking price?
    Best offer means just that, it IS the best offer, whether it is a slightly lower than the asking price or slightly higher than the asking price. A higher offer is rarely seen, because most of you do your homework and usually ask a price higher than what the item is worth, so when something like this happens, people tend to get up in arms over it. The guy who saw a good deal and offered slightly more was thinking ahead.