Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: idea for new members

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Re: idea for new members

Quote Originally Posted by SAGELA
    How many of us read the software agreements before clicking, "I Agree"? jestera

Meanwhile, use your best manners and sentence structure (even from cell phones). ks
    sadly I read them and its why I don't join a lot of stuff it takes to long...

Your resident hobo,
    Howie

Operator
    Feedback Score
    58 (100%)

We were all newbies at one time or another.
    Some of the VETERANS on here still do not follow the "reference Section".
    Have some patients, write "POLITE" notes to them and try to "do unto others as have others do unto you".
    Lend a helping hand, and be kind to others. I know at one time someone did it for me.

cootduster

"A gun is like a parachute.
    If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)

I'll send Newbs a Pm asking them to re read the rules for buying/ selling when I see a thread crapper. I try to be nice and also welcome them to SGN. And yes we were all rookies. but come on. its gotten bad of late.

Quote Originally Posted by John Brown View Post
    I think boobs and guns are as American as apple pie.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

As a new member who just completed his first transaction, let me say thanks for a great place. You guys have a good thing here. Its a pretty decent low key set up. Its fairly well self monitored with lots of friendly help and advice. Those of us that care to stick around will learn and abide. There will always be onsey twosy interlopers. Sometimes I've noticed, it makes great fodder for some of you. LoL

Dont be too discouraged guys, you have a great thing going. Thanks again.

Chad

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalAssault View Post
    You're under the misconception that they will give you $100 for it. In reality is says "up to $100" so it's quite possible they would only offer you a $10 or $20 gift card. Way to sell your soul though.

Banned
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Just an observation. Don't make it harder to sign up. That is a SITE KILLER. You can always just make it harder to post if you have provin yourself. Posting in the intro section and getting moved to unmoderated is one easy way. Second is having a flag set for the rules post that they must check that they acknowledge.

Ranger
    Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crusader
    I would like to volunteer, to be the official SGN representative. Basically I could see my role as a guide or mentor to the new members.
    When a new member has something for sale they should run it by my desk first, if everything checks out I'll release it.
    [b]I'll check for typos and such things[/b] as to not piss off current more established members. I see this as a win-win!

Are you going to check for the propper use of the comma as well?

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
    -Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BJohnson383
    I would like to volunteer, to be the official SGN representative. Basically I could see my role as a guide or mentor to the new members.
    When a new member has something for sale they should run it by my desk first, if everything checks out I'll release it.
    [b]I'll check for typos and such things[/b] as to not piss off current more established members. I see this as a win-win!

...or the proper spelling of the word "proper"? Sspartan
    Sorry, I couldn't stop myself.

25 years ago, America had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash, and Bob Hope. Today, we have Barack Obama, no Cash, and no Hope.

Lynnwood, the land of tinfoil hats... Killing shit
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)

I'll check for typos and such things as to not piss off current more established members. I see this as a win-win!

Sieg Heil!

Ranger
    Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sigman
    Quote Originally Posted by BJohnson383

...or the proper spelling of the word "proper"? Sspartan
    Sorry, I couldn't stop myself.

I was actually waiting to see if the self proclaimed mod was going to catch that in his spell checking but thanks...

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
    -Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma
    Just an observation. Don't make it harder to sign up. That is a SITE KILLER. You can always just make it harder to post if you have provin yourself. Posting in the intro section and getting moved to unmoderated is one easy way. Second is having a flag set for the rules post that they must check that they acknowledge.

My idea isn't to make it harder to join. Just to make them read the reference section before posting.

Your resident hobo,
    Howie