Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Issues

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Question Issues

This is probably a decent spot to place issues people are having with the new site. Not overwhelming the Admin or Mods with issues.

Some of mine:

1) Home page: SGN Reference Section, there is a broken code snippet in the forum description

2) "welcome" forum is empty?

3) Messages / PM's - In the folder list there is mention of "Imported Saved received" and "Imported Saved sent" folders. Both of those show a bar exceeding capacity (550 out of 100 messages), but no messages. All old messages have been retained, user MUST clean out inbox AND sent items, otherwise they will NOT be able to receive PM's.

4) For continuity, there should be a space between the LPG and NWGun banner.

5) The Build/DVD Banner is a bad link Fixed

6) All old smilies are now broken links

7) All links directing to threads / posts within (the old) SGN are now broken

8) Site logo.... Copyright? Use retained?

9) Colored threads... ouchie on the eyeballs!

Also, as an FYI for other people.
    1) Your clock is wrong by default, change it in your settings
    2) When you are looking at threads, posts it will only show the last 30 days. To change that, look at the bottom of the screen and modify the filter.

Last edited by massivedesign; 05-08-2012 at 04:29 PM.
    Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!
    Want an affordable cell phone plan with great coverage? Look no further, click HERE!

Expert Marksman
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I'll just add this here.

Might want to go in and delete all your PMs (save first, if not already). Loo like all old PMs are loaded into an inbox, which resulted in my inbox containing 169 messages of 100 messages allowed. I tried to send JB the first PM, and because both my inbox and his is full, the PM won't send. Not an issue that I am pitching to the mods. I am just giving everyone a heads up.

Also than Norm and SGN team for the new forum.

Wierd: -k-s does not appear at the end of l-o-o-k-s and t-h-a-n-k-s in the above paragraphs, even though it is clearly spelled correctly in the text submission box.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Just went in and cleaned out my PM's. It had ALLLLL of my PM's since I joined the site, even though I had deleted them years ago... odd!

Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!
    Want an affordable cell phone plan with great coverage? Look no further, click HERE!

Banned
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The "Contact Us" and "SeattleGuns.NET" links at the bottom right hand corner of every page are broken or not formatted correctly.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    I noticed the "k_s" issue as well. When posting a handgun listing I previewed it and the "k_s" was showing up as a broken picture link (white box with red X).

Just one of many little quirk_s that will get worked out if we're all patient..... (insert missing dead horse smiley here)

Expert Marksman
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Strikethrough code from phpBB does not translate to vbulletin and shows up as [s:lscuz1sb][/s:lscuz1sb]

Enable strikethrough in vbulletin?

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...-strikethrough

Last edited by fl0und3rz; 05-09-2012 at 09:36 AM.

Feedback Score
    79 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    The "Contact Us" and "SeattleGuns.NET" links at the bottom right hand corner of every page are broken or not formatted correctly.
    These are fixed.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Bottom of a thread page, like this one, there is a Quick Navigation section on the RHS.
    It contains a code error in the default description.

And are we supposed to have access to the Archive?

I am not a LEO, and I am not a Lawyer.
    If you don't like my opinion, then don't follow it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I had a misspelling in a post, and when I went to edit it it showed that I spelled the word correctly originally, and wouldn't let me edit it....Not a big problem, just strange.

Julian: You're not prostituting yourself for cheeseburgers again, are ya, Randy?
    Randy: A man's gotta eat, Julian.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Ya I have 116 messages stil after deleting my inbox except for 3 messages. Does anyone know where these stored messages are?

Quote Originally Posted by dgindlesperger View Post
    If you had a gun on your side a kid could gets his hands on it, turn it into an assault rifle and cause a ten megaton blast of an area where kids play with unicorns.