Thread: Groups?

Banned
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Groups?

I see this site has the capability for "groups" I also noticed that there is an FFL group. Will ordinary members eventually be allowed to create their own groups? SUch as a group that follows when gasitman changes his avatar, or for group buy participants of something?

The reason I posted it instead of PMing the admin was bacause many others may have this question, in addition, this does not need an immediate response, since there are other more pertinent things that the admins are working on.

Feedback Score
    67 (100%)
    Thanks. That and if anyone would actually read the shit that was posted in the reference section they would know to PM MODS first with any and all general site questions. Not talking to you Steyr, just in general.

The groups thing is something we will have to look into. I'm not sure members will be given a free for all to make groups given the potential issues with space and such. Once we have a little more time to look into them a decision will be made on the GP being able to make groups. For right now though the staff will be the only ones to make and put members in groups.

"There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyr Shooter View Post
    I see this site has the capability for "groups" I also noticed that there is an FFL group. Will ordinary members eventually be allowed to create their own groups? SUch as a group that follows when gasitman changes his avatar, or for group buy participants of something?

The reason I posted it instead of PMing the admin was bacause many others may have this question, in addition, this does not need an immediate response, since there are other more pertinent things that the admins are working on.
    There were groups on the "old" SGN too....military members, female members, iso members, etc.

Imagine if the users here could make their own groups! They'd have to bring on another admin along w/ an entire team of mods to regulate that mess!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hmmm maybe we could get certain groups created with Mod/Admin approval, and new group members would have to be added the same way (PM from group leader to Mods/etc). I know I'd be ALL for some groups on reloading, USPSA/IDPA/3Gun, etc...