Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lower the search character necessity?

Shooter
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Lower the search character necessity?

I dont know if you can. But it would be nice to be able to search smaller words or phrases. I like to look up info about certain items, and it can get tedious. Example: Glock 27, it'll search glock, but not 27 because it is too short. Or in the case of a S&W 500, wont search at all. Now i could search Smith & Wesson 500, but its tough to sort out as i doubt anyone has named a post Smith & Wesson Five-hundred (just checked incased someone wanted to make me look stupid haha).

Not sure if this is something admins have controll of or not. Or if they do, this is in place for some reason.

If I'm the only one that this bothers, i understand if no one gets to it. Im sure there are bigger fish to fry.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by xVern View Post
    I dont know if you can. But it would be nice to be able to search smaller words or phrases. I like to look up info about certain items, and it can get tedious. Example: Glock 27, it'll search glock, but not 27 because it is too short. Or in the case of a S&W 500, wont search at all. Now i could search Smith & Wesson 500, but its tough to sort out as i doubt anyone has named a post Smith & Wesson Five-hundred (just checked incased someone wanted to make me look stupid haha).

Not sure if this is something admins have controll of or not. Or if they do, this is in place for some reason.

If I'm the only one that this bothers, i understand if no one gets to it. Im sure there are bigger fish to fry.
    +1

I would also like to see the search parameters shortened.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The above suggestion may or may not be feasible but I 3rd it for investigating if it's possible. Additionally, the search indices need to be re-built. My last check showed that only posts from after the migration would come up in the results.

Shooter
    Feedback Score
    +1

The older board setup was superior. Not being able to search for "P30" or "P99" is weak sauce.

Feedback Score
    67 (100%)
    It's been adjusted.

"There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Fast turn around. Thanks TA!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalAssault View Post
    It's been adjusted.
    What changes were made? 3 character searches still come back with nothing for me.

Feedback Score
    67 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorRock View Post
    What changes were made? 3 character searches still come back with nothing for me.
    I dropped the minimum characters down to two. If it's still not working there may be something on the server side that needs to be adjusted also. That will take some time but I will certainly look into it.

"There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalAssault View Post
    I dropped the minimum characters down to two. If it's still not working there may be something on the server side that needs to be adjusted also. That will take some time but I will certainly look into it.
    Thanks for looking into it.

Marksman
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    it must be server side,tried several such as .243, .357 etc. but thanks for working.