Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hiding gun purchases from the boss

Hiding gun purchases from the boss

If you're feeling holier than thou with some "I don't hide anything from my wife" nonsense, this is not your thread. Thank you.

Soooo, in some way any guy with a wife watching his expenses has to hide gun purchases from time to time. So, how do you do it?

Eg.-Talking to Skidoo recently he told me about an evil genius that would salvage scrap metal and put the cash on a pre-paid visa that his wife didn't know about. Brilliant!
    Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/

Banned
    I bring them home when she isn't home. After a week or two of them sitting in the safe, I bring it out. She usually doesn't notice. If she asks when I got it I tell her, "Baby, I have had this one for a while. Remember?"

She never wants to admit her memory isn't as good as mine.

The last one I told her about, the way I do that is to slowly withdraw $20-$40 at a time from ATMs over the course of a few weeks. Then when I actually make the purchase, she will only see a much smaller withdraw. She is convinced I bought my SPP for only $95. She is clueless. That's the one benefit of having a wife that has no interest in my hobby.

SGN Prince of Puyallup zombie66's Avatar
    I would love to say......................But im not gonna
    Quote Originally Posted by sinus211 View Post
    Jesus fuck. Orion I've stood up for you on many occasions, from nonsense 9mm bouncing off insurgents to downtown Seattle security guard "I am the law" rants. As respectfully as this can possibly be said, go shove a pineapple up your ass.

I have some 'emergency cash' that goes up and down in terms of amounts. I did hear about a guy who brought a bunch of .22 rifles. When he wants to buy a new gun he tells his wife he's going to sell one and buy one, sells a .22, buys whatever he wants. Doesn't get around the dollar problems though. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by sinus211 View Post
    Eg.-Talking to Skidoo recently he told me about an evil genius that would salvage scrap metal and put the cash on a pre-paid visa that his wife didn't know about. Brilliant!
    My brother does this all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by molon.labe View Post
    you are so high speed.
    Upset about 594? Donate to the Second Amendment Foundation

Ranger
    The wife's getting a new digital camera. I'm getting a new rifle.

Jedi Knight
    If you don't carouse around, and are a good boy, you shouldn't need to hide it. Or go ahead and carouse, but don't expect a pass on the guns.

We too are a one for one marriage. She gets a purse, clothes etc, i get guns, plain and simple.

I keep my new guns out of the kitchen.
    "The biological purpose of pain is to prevent the recurrence of stupidity" - Unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr Shooter View Post
    That's the one benefit of having a wife that has no interest in my hobby.
    Amen
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie66 View Post
    I would love to say......................But im not gonna
    Puss

Quote Originally Posted by gwaugh View Post
    I have some 'emergency cash' that goes up and down in terms of amounts. I did hear about a guy who brought a bunch of .22 rifles. When he wants to buy a new gun he tells his wife he's going to sell one and buy one, sells a .22, buys whatever he wants. Doesn't get around the dollar problems though. Good luck!
    Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by benja455 View Post
    My brother does this all the time.
    He could very well have been referring to you bro

Quote Originally Posted by Afecks View Post
    The wife's getting a new digital camera. I'm getting a new rifle.
    My wife only gets pedicures

Quote Originally Posted by John Brown View Post
    If you don't carouse around, and are a good boy, you shouldn't need to hide it. Or go ahead and carouse, but don't expect a pass on the guns.
    Hell hath no fury like my wife's scorn for spending money on guns
    Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/