Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Hiding gun purchases from the boss

Re: Hiding gun purchases from the boss

Quote Originally Posted by GunTrader View Post
    I buy guns and watches, she buys whatever she buys.
    Separate finances.
    That's the only way to go. any relationship that doesn't maintain some separation in finances is going to have trouble over money. Why? Because adults don't like being told how they can or can't spend the money they worked to earn...it's not rocket science.

My ex wife and I never shared so much as a savings account...and we never argued over money. My current girlfriend and I have been together 13 years, and have never shared an account...never argued over money or how it's spent.

I get why people want to have joint accounts, but you gotta have your "own" money too...

My only problem with my wife and guns is she feels that half of them should be duracoated pink...I got her a rainbow P238 and had a G23 duracoated pink...she seems satisfied for now....well...she was looking at the RRA catalog that came in the mail a couple weeks ago...and she saw the pink AR furniture...so I might be fucked...
    "Life isn't all Burritos and Strippers" - William Jefferson Clinton

NRA Life Member

Get her a pink lower. It would look divine with white furniture.
    IF YOU DON'T LIKE GUNS, THEN DON'T OWN ONE.
    45 + rating, so between that and my CPL, you can't trust me, thanks to I-594! Thanks WA state.

Personally over the years I have used several methods, including but not limited to: " I traded "X" for it." " I had almost forgot that I had this in the back of the safe" "I've had this for a long time.....think about it...." "remember when I sold "X" I bought this to replace it." "You think this is new? Thank you I do try to take good care of it"

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Get her a pink lower. It would look divine with white furniture.
    I was thinking maybe cheetah print...with gold controls...make it look as New Jersey mob wife as possible....
    "Life isn't all Burritos and Strippers" - William Jefferson Clinton

NRA Life Member

Die zombie thread die!
    Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/

Tactical Operator Freelancer1972's Avatar

u started it
    A six year old’s perspective on why dogs lives such shortlives…“People are born so that they can learn how to live a good Life—likeloving everybody all the time and being nice, right?...Well, dogs already knowhow to do that, so they don’t need to stay as long.” - Shane

As long as the bills are paid, we go on vacation every once in a while, and she and the kid get gifts from time to time, I never have the need to hide the gun purchases. Of course, how much I really paid and how much she thinks I paid are completely different lol.
    Just remember....when seconds count, the police are 15 to 20 minutes away...
    That's why I have a Walther PPS (9MM), FN 5.7, FN SCAR-L 16, Ed Brown Kobra Carry (1911 .45), Ruger GP100 (.38 or .357), Remington 700 (.308), Kel Tec KSG

I had a ton of guns before i married my wife so when i bought new stuff i just said it was something i already had. if i worked over time she wouldn't give me any shit and i would n't give her any if she worked overtime so we both had our own stash of cash lol.
    another thing i used to do if i wasn't supposed to buy anything. i would kiss the wife goodbye and tell her i was off to the WAC show i would have a soft rifle case that was empty. i made it look heavy and told her i was going and that i might trade the rifle in the case lol for another gun.
    that way if i did buy something she would think i traded and i could be excited about the purchase and show it to her.
    That's the secret to survival Never go to war especially with your self.

Quote Originally Posted by RapmasterT View Post
    That's the only way to go. any relationship that doesn't maintain some separation in finances is going to have trouble over money. Why? Because adults don't like being told how they can or can't spend the money they worked to earn...it's not rocket science.

My ex wife and I never shared so much as a savings account...and we never argued over money. My current girlfriend and I have been together 13 years, and have never shared an account...never argued over money or how it's spent.

I get why people want to have joint accounts, but you gotta have your "own" money too...
    Wise man

My gf and I have lived together 7yrs - bought a house together - traveled together - loaned money back and forth a few times when in a pinch - I helped buy her 2 cars - We have never had a joint account and never 1 single discussion / argument over money.

Edited to add:

We both have 800+ credit scores and know how to handle finances.