Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Hiding gun purchases from the boss

Quote Originally Posted by zombie66 View Post
    My wife asked if she could get an account and I told her its a 3 month waiting list
    Haha,,,,nice. The wife just sees me on here ALL the time and figures I'm must be chatting with some fine young ladies or something. I have to correct her though, and refer her to the "post a *real* photo" thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by RapmasterT View Post
    Are you sure it was a guy you know? Are you sure it wasn't...nothing?
    Red Flags - by Soldier Hard [www.redcon1musicgroup.org]

SGN Prince of Puyallup zombie66's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinett_11B View Post
    Haha,,,,nice. The wife just sees me on here ALL the time and figures I'm must be chatting with some fine young ladies or something. I have to correct her though, and refer her to the "post a *real* photo" thread.
    Well I would say that you could use that same line of questioning on her BUT after she saw that thread and our ugly asses the line of questioning would be absolutley pointless
    Quote Originally Posted by sinus211 View Post
    Jesus fuck. Orion I've stood up for you on many occasions, from nonsense 9mm bouncing off insurgents to downtown Seattle security guard "I am the law" rants. As respectfully as this can possibly be said, go shove a pineapple up your ass.

Tactical Operator Freelancer1972's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinett_11B View Post
    My wife is on my SGN account more than I am
    ok now that's gotta stop
    A six year old’s perspective on why dogs lives such shortlives…“People are born so that they can learn how to live a good Life—likeloving everybody all the time and being nice, right?...Well, dogs already knowhow to do that, so they don’t need to stay as long.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr Shooter View Post
    I bring them home when she isn't home. After a week or two of them sitting in the safe, I bring it out. She usually doesn't notice. If she asks when I got it I tell her, "Baby, I have had this one for a while. Remember?"

She never wants to admit her memory isn't as good as mine.

The last one I told her about, the way I do that is to slowly withdraw $20-$40 at a time from ATMs over the course of a few weeks. Then when I actually make the purchase, she will only see a much smaller withdraw. She is convinced I bought my SPP for only $95. She is clueless. That's the one benefit of having a wife that has no interest in my hobby.

I'll copy this for cannon fodder later. LOL.
    "There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."

Expert Marksman
    Hell, I'm entirely transparent and straightforward with my girlfriend when it comes to guns. It's the accessories that kill me.

"Hey, there's this new pistol that came out that I feel I will like better, and it will be more reliable and serve it's purpose better. I'm going to sell my Sigma, and then it'll be about $200 more. Here's the pictures!"

She sometimes rolls her eyes, but when I remind her of the shoes and purses and jackets she has lying around that I don't understand, we both seem to find the middle ground and be happy. If she questions why I spend a large majority of my check each month, it's because I prefer to invest my money into tangible items that I can have now, rather than read a number in my account online.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget View Post
    Hell, I'm entirely transparent and straightforward with my girlfriend when it comes to guns. It's the accessories that kill me.

"Hey, there's this new pistol that came out that I feel I will like better, and it will be more reliable and serve it's purpose better. I'm going to sell my Sigma, and then it'll be about $200 more. Here's the pictures!"

She sometimes rolls her eyes, but when I remind her of the shoes and purses and jackets she has lying around that I don't understand, we both seem to find the middle ground and be happy. If she questions why I spend a large majority of my check each month, it's because I prefer to invest my money into tangible items that I can have now, rather than read a number in my account online.

The key word in your post .........Girlfriend! LOL
    Jesus fuck. Orion I've stood up for you on many occasions, from nonsense 9mm bouncing off insurgents to downtown Seattle security guard "I am the law" rants. As respectfully as this can possibly be said, go shove a pineapple up your ass.

Expert Marksman
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie66 View Post
    The key word in your post .........Girlfriend! LOL
    I put the roof over her head, and she puts food in my stomach. It's a dedicated relationship, without the legal attachments :)

I should note that the thread title is odd. I thought it was literally meaning your boss, which in my circumstance is funny. In fact, he along with a couple coworkers, are the first to know about new purchases, and we can't wait to run downstairs to the basement to show off our new toys. My job is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget View Post
    I put the roof over her head, and she puts food in my stomach. It's a dedicated relationship, without the legal attachments :)

I should note that the thread title is odd. I thought it was literally meaning your boss, which in my circumstance is funny. In fact, he along with a couple coworkers, are the first to know about new purchases, and we can't wait to run downstairs to the basement to show off our new toys. My job is great.

I was joking around and thats cool that you have a job you enjoy.

Go to the ATM, take out cash.
    Buy gun.
    When wife asks, tell her it was for car parts.

I take not responsibility for your body parts if your wife is on this forum, and you use this method.
    I am not a LEO, and I am not a Lawyer.
    If you don't like my opinion, then don't follow it.

I just beg forgiveness after the fact.