Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hiding gun purchases from the boss

When I was driving for the recycle company,My boss and I would go in on Saturdays and "Scrap" for metal. Now that I'm back in freight. It's all about Pallets.
    It adds up fast. Hell i bought 4 guns in 1 week last month.
    Its nice that the payoff is always in cash, as my wife is an Accountant. That way she never knows. Until i give her a new shotgun and J frame for mothers day. Then she says thank you, and now your gonna start putting that money in the bank now right? Sure babe! 20% will go in the bank.

"..just storing this for a co-worker who doesn't have a safe... "OrShoes + Bag/purse = Gun
    A J

I remind her that guns are an investment. If she gives me any crap, I ask her the resale value of all the old shoes/purses/etc. stacked in her closet.
    That usually ends the bitching.
    "Life is tough ..... It's even tougher if you're stupid." ..... John Wayne

Use layaway the that some shops offer, it's much easier to hide a couple hundred dollars a month from the warden rather than $1500.
    "When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice.” Ted Nugent

Puyallup, where kids kill kids with frying pans
    I'm dead honest when it comes to buying things, she is too. I'll talk to her, tell her a price and how much I'll take out of each paycheck. I could get cash back when I buy stuff, then tell my wife hey ho I got 600 bucks I'm going to buy a pistol. But I haven't been the most trustworthy person to her so I lay every thing out to her.

Sharp Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by John Brown View Post
    If you don't carouse around, and are a good boy, you shouldn't need to hide it. Or go ahead and carouse, but don't expect a pass on the guns.
    +1 Intentionally lying to your wife to buy another gun is a slippery slope for where does that lying end. At minimum it displays a lack of integrity towards the one whose reportedly your number 1.

For the ex-fiance I used to have a PO box setup with two credit cards and another bank account. I kept all the guns at a local gun range in a members safe I had rented. Didn't want guns in the house as she was too crazy. Glad I didn't, she tried to run me over with the car a couple times because I didn't let her buy purebred rabbits for pets. Damn she was great.
    Gun control is when you can get your barrel back on the target quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashPoint View Post
    "..just storing this for a co-worker who doesn't have a safe... "OrShoes + Bag/purse = Gun
    I actually just did that for a buddy. Holding 4 of his handguns. My wife knows him and he dropped them off so she didn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by everett bill View Post
    I remind her that guns are an investment. If she gives me any crap, I ask her the resale value of all the old shoes/purses/etc. stacked in her closet.
    That usually ends the bitching.
    That they are and may be worth even more next year. Safer than gold perhaps right now.

Banned
    "when you have money, buy guns... When you need money, sell guns." - Someone

I have tried this for my wife and she still doesnt get it, although a couple times it has bailed us out in the past, she is starting to come on board now.

Sell a gun, take a trip with your wife, eh? That will turn it around. Just be sure it's a gun that doesn't get used.