Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hiding gun purchases from the boss

Shooter
    Life is short. Remember that if you hide things from her, she is hiding things from you....

We have a "don't ask, don't tell" kind of policy. She knows I own and carry guns, but really isn't interested in knowing the details. And trust me, I'm fine with that! All of my carry guns look similar so if she should happen to see one momentarily (when I'm changing my shirt, for instance) she doesn't know the difference.

The problem will come eventually when she decides she wants to start shooting with me and then will pay more attention. So nobody encourage her!
    Your = something that belongs to you; You're = You are

Loose = not tight; Lose = to not have or find

Quote Originally Posted by bogeycentral View Post
    For the ex-fiance I used to have a PO box setup with two credit cards and another bank account. I kept all the guns at a local gun range in a members safe I had rented. Didn't want guns in the house as she was too crazy. Glad I didn't, she tried to run me over with the car a couple times because I didn't let her buy purebred rabbits for pets. Damn she was great.
    Damn, I don't blame you for hiding those guns.

We have only one account and spend money together. I don't have to hide.
    I do not buy a lot. We have only four rifles: one in .223Rem/5.56 NATO, one in .308Win, two in .22lr, and three handguns: two 9mm and one .22lr plinker.
    IF I need to buy some new metal I always see first how badly this purchase will hurt our budet. To buy my last one - MK III, - I worked overtime.
    Last edited by .308Win; 05-23-2012 at 06:47 PM.
    Who's gonna monitor the monitors of the monitors?

Good stuff guys! I'm astounded by the amount of honesty. Not impressed, but certainly astounded.
    Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MorrisWR View Post
    Damn, I don't blame you for hiding those guns.
    Never get involved with a woman who on the first date tells you she just got out of rehab. Angry redheads are so hot though.
    Gun control is when you can get your barrel back on the target quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by bogeycentral View Post
    Angry redheads are so hot though.
    +1

One of my biggest weaknesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by molon.labe View Post
    you are so high speed.
    Upset about 594? Donate to the Second Amendment Foundation

I dont hide anything. Now to be fair, I dont volunteer information either. To be totally honest, I'm not married, now with the GF, I dont feel the need to inform her of any gun purchase or sale. The GF does notice amounts of guns in the safe fluctuates. Sometimes she asks. I tell her sometimes when I sell a gun. she has no idea how expensive some of my gun purchases are. Now my Xwife still thinks she's married to me in some way, she feels a need to try and scold me when the kids tell her Dad bought a real nice and expensive gun. What she doesnt realize is how good it feels when she's scolding me over the phone and it just doesnt matter.
    CaptJack,

Watch your thoughts; they become words; Watch your words; they become actions; Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character; Watch your character; it becomes your destiny. --Frank Outlaw

S&W SW1911 SS / SIG GRS 1911 XO SS
    SIG P220 Equinox / S&W M&P 40
    RIA 1911 Tactical Sleeper
    Ruger SR-9 / EAA Witness .40

i dont hide anything, its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
    Notice: If you voted for Obama, please refrain from responding to any and all of my for sale ads. Retards shouldnt have firearms or sharp pointed objects.

Quote Originally Posted by mawarmoth View Post
    I dont hide anything. Now to be fair, I dont volunteer information either.
    My stance as well. If the wife straight up asks me, I will tell her. I just hope she doesn't ask!
    Your = something that belongs to you; You're = You are

Loose = not tight; Lose = to not have or find