Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Hiding gun purchases from the boss

Quote Originally Posted by Coltrane1 View Post
    +1 Intentionally lying to your wife to buy another gun is a slippery slope for where does that lying end. At minimum it displays a lack of integrity towards the one whose reportedly your number 1.
    +1
    Who's gonna monitor the monitors of the monitors?

Sharp Shooter
    I handle all of the household finances, so my wife has no idea. That said, she's cool. I work hard and hardly spend any money otherwise, so she doesn't care if I buy myself a new toy once in a while.
    Nothing says "home defense" like a bayonet charge

Banned
    Look, some of you guys need to read the OP. This thread isn't for us to be morally judged by the "righteous" who NEVER lie to their spouse. We all can't live up to your golden standards of how your perfect relationship works out. I believe one of the gents chastising us for lying is twice divorced, so that speaks VOLUMES about his relationship advice. This thread is for those of us who have to "bend the truth" or "leave out details" when making our purchases. Yes, it can lead to arguments, maybe other dishonesty, but I am truthful with my wife where it counts. If she asks if her ass looks big, I am telling her t doesn't. ALL people lie, if people didn't lie, humanity would crumble. So, this is a resource to help other gun buyers on how to effectively fly under the radar when making gun purchases.

If you are too good to lie to your spouse, you are lying to yourself and respectfully keep your moral judgements to yourself.

Good day.

Quote Originally Posted by .308Win View Post
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyr Shooter View Post
    Look, some of you guys need to read the OP. This thread isn't for us to be morally judged by the "righteous" who NEVER lie to their spouse. We all can't live up to your golden standards of how your perfect relationship works out. I believe one of the gents chastising us for lying is twice divorced, so that speaks VOLUMES about his relationship advice. This thread is for those of us who have to "bend the truth" or "leave out details" when making our purchases. Yes, it can lead to arguments, maybe other dishonesty, but I am truthful with my wife where it counts. If she asks if her ass looks big, I am telling her t doesn't. ALL people lie, if people didn't lie, humanity would crumble. So, this is a resource to help other gun buyers on how to effectively fly under the radar when making gun purchases.

If you are too good to lie to your spouse, you are lying to yourself and respectfully keep your moral judgements to yourself.

Good day.

Quoted for truth!!!
    The people preaching to us about lying are no different than those Damn Mormans comming to my door.

My buddy and I were in a gun shop in Spokane about five years ago and they had a SWEET Colt 1911 NIB from 1967 - they year I was born - for $495.00. Unfired and beautiful just calling my name.

I told my bud that I was going to buy that pistolo right then and there. His response = "You're going to catch hell when you get home if you do that". Of course he has known my wife longer than I because they went to high school together and he is married to her best friend. My wife and I have been married now for 26 years - and here is why:

I told him - not only will I not "catch hell" - she will give me permission to buy it! He laughed and bet me $20.00 I was out of my mind.

So I called my wife with the phone on SPEAKER and told her that I found a great deal on a NIB Colt 1911 never fired made in 1967 and wanted to buy it. I told her it was a $750 gun and I could get it for $500. She simply said ... "Well hon, you know what our finances look like and if you think we can swing it this month, go ahead and get it." (One of the many reasons I love my wife) I told her I loved her and would be back at the house in about an hour.

My buddies jaw hit the floor as he sheepishly handed me a $20 (which I used to buy us both beer that night). I sadly had to sell said gun in October 2008 along with some others from my collection, but the money I made selling them in 2008 helped us through a really rough patch.

These women will surprise you and do amazing things if you just ask.
    Jim Childers
    Whidbey Arms & Rimfire Tactical
    http://www.whidbeyarms.com (growing daily) http://www.rimfiretactical.com (coming soon)
    Any information provided herein should not be relied upon by anyone for any purpose whatsoever without independent verification.
    Life Member NRA/Business Alliance/NRA Recruiter
    Current WAC/CWSA/WSRPA/HHRG Member/BBB A+ Rated

SGN Chicken Fried Steak Crusader's Avatar
    A secret location high above the metropolis of Everett
    Yeah no shit...good call Steyr! All these holier than thou, standing on the soap box singing the praises of wedded bliss and not keeping anything from their wives should shut the f*%# up. This is for real men, with real issues. So fucking what that we have to do alittle creative truth bending.
    Get real, Who really needs their wives knowing everything? What fun is that. I work hard, I take care of my family first and formost. I would never consider a hobby and passion something that comes before my family.
    Besides do you really think your women tells you about everything she buys? If you do, your living in some kind of whacked out fantasy world.
    I'm off my soapbox.
    Lord if I die, please don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them.

no hiding in our house, wife got a ruger 1911 for her birthday, a top end franchi o/u for v-day, and when i go to the wac show she asks for me to bring home a case of .45 or a can full of frangible like it was a bag of chips from the store.

only complaint is we dont go shooting trap enough, or the steel targets. well i go enough she is working too much.

i am pretty happy she has no interest in bench rest shooting ( yet)
    " if there is no ceasefire in Gaza, our answer is fire" - Netanyahu

I kinda sneak new guns in the house. The trick is to never let the wife see inside the safe - sucker is now full. She knows I have many guns and frankly one more goes unnoticed.

But really - I have never bought a gun with family money, it all comes from my business profits and she knows I work hard and deserve a little pressure relief. What she does comment on are all the packages arriving at the door.....2000 rounds of most any CF ammo is heavy.
    IF YOU DON'T LIKE GUNS, THEN DON'T OWN ONE.
    45 + rating, so between that and my CPL, you can't trust me, thanks to I-594! Thanks WA state.

My money her money our money
    3 Accounts. then you have YOUR money for your toys
    Save a child. Shoot a drug dealer. My favorite bumper sticker

?....do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

I do what Steyr does, but I call in safe-aging. I always let new guns "age" in the safe for at least a few weeks. Then when I pull it out, I tell my wife I've had it for some time, and its not new. My son backs me up, knowing that he will eventually inherit all my guns.