Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New Bump Rule Policy/Sales Ad Info

SGN Prince of Puyallup zombie66's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    188 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AR15L View Post
    OMFG... JB is making sense again. Stop it.
    Thats because hes Fleetwood Mac today.......................

Quote Originally Posted by sinus211 View Post
    Jesus fuck. Orion I've stood up for you on many occasions, from nonsense 9mm bouncing off insurgents to downtown Seattle security guard "I am the law" rants. As respectfully as this can possibly be said, go shove a pineapple up your ass.

Expert Shooter
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not just could've happened. It did happen. I've had threads where people said they'd take it, but didn't PM, or PMed a poor offer. I've had better offers come in later than reasonable offers, and I'm not going to take the worse offer just because of timing. The new change keeps people from saying they've already worked out a deal when they haven't, and it keeps people from "helpfully" posting about problems they've heard of regarding the gun for sale.
    This is better.

Feedback Score
    75 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Brown View Post
    Jeeezuz.....

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalAssault View Post
    My head hurts.

The bottom line here is that we don't need more mods. We needed less bullshit in sales threads. Mission complete.
    Make JB a mod like he said and all will be well..

Quote Originally Posted by The Shepherd View Post
    so now the email servers get bogged down sending notifications, 1 person offers a pistol at a great price and 100+ members pm him instead of someone posting i'll take it. so they can weed through the pm's and choose the better offer while screwing over the first person who pm'd them.

i guess this is the new ebay for gun deals

2 steps back to 1 step forward
    I disagree. Not sure how the email servers will get bogged down as there is a limit to PM's, people need to clear them out but then I don't know how their servers are setup. I like the way they have it now. I don't have a bunch of people posting crap in my ads and don't have to look at them once they are posted. As far as the first person getting the sale that posts something in the ad, you can sell to whomever you want. There are other factors besides who is the quickest to respond (distance to meetup, who meets up for quick sale, etc).

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie66 View Post
    Thats because hes Fleetwood Mac today.......................
    Good one. I ALMOST didn't get it.

"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
    -Groucho Marx

Sharp Shooter
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalAssault View Post
    So what do you suggest bob? We first find people that can be trusted with the added power on the site and who can be trusted to be objective. The we need to train them on the procedures and the mod cp. Then there are things that someone can't just be "taught." How many mods would you suggest we recruit to monitor thousands of members? 25? 50? 100? Do you really think we could find that many people who qualify not to mention that many people who would want to give up the regular use of the site and basically the only time they spend on here is policing other members?

Be serious, Bob. Modifying a few rules to drastically decrease the amount of work the mods have to do is leaps and bounds above trying to nominate and train enough new mods to counter the effects of what a few simple settings changes did in a matter of minutes?

I was serious. I've done your job before. The more this place grows, the more mods you WILL need. Again, it's logical. But hey, what do I care? If you want over work your existing mods to make a point, have at it.

Feedback Score
    67 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobk View Post
    I was serious. I've done your job before. The more this place grows, the more mods you WILL need. Again, it's logical. But hey, what do I care? If you want over work your existing mods to make a point, have at it.
    Only reading what you want to, Bob? Rather than getting more mods we simply implemented a new rule and board settings that drastically reduced the workload. Problem solved. Thanks for your concern.

"There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I don't think Bob slept at a Holiday Inn last night....

Feedback Score
    79 (100%)

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Working well.

"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
    -Groucho Marx

Feedback Score
    55 (100%)
    JB why did you just post a wts g21 with a pic of an exploded g21? I don't get why you would do that if you were legitimately trying to sell something. BUT I have to ask you in THIS thread because I can't reply to your wts thread!