Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: New Bump Rule Policy/Sales Ad Info

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Re: New Bump Rule Policy/Sales Ad Info

Quote Originally Posted by sunofnun View Post
    I noob'd it also and just pm'd skidoo..

sorry fellas.

hey serious question though.. am on several other motorcycle/truck related boards.

Often we use the replies to show the order in which users show interest in a particular item for sale? also who responded first?
    Most often we just reply with "PM'd" then the next guy in the thread can see that there are 20 guys waiting to snatch up the deal.

I was just pm'ing a guy today about a gun and found out I was down the line a ways... thus the PM to skidoo.. and my noob'ing out.

Sorry if its been covered, just thought I'd ask!

thanks

josh
    Oh, holy crap -- they let you in here, too?

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalAssault View Post
    It's still in effect. The only people who are allowed to post in sales threads are platinum members. Even at that they can only post useful info related to the weapon or questions. There is NO "nice gun" "glws" "wish i had the money" or "free bump for a good guy" type of comments. If they violate the rules of the platinum membership they receive a one week ban for the first time and a revocation of their platinum membership the second time.

The sellers can still edit their ads to include new or updated info and can only bump their ads every 48 hours like anyone else.
    Ahhhh, I thought it changed too and got all excited. Here's to hoping this rule is reviewed/revised. Bumped threads is rarely a problem -- even on massive boards that I'm a part of. The users will police themselves if they're allowed to. "Let 'em play Ref!"

I will say though, this is probably the worst forum I've been on for lack of images. I belong to several forums that require them (along with price, details, etc.) for WTS/WTT thread to be started. It's just sort of ironic that we're in such a technical region yet so many people can't post a photobucket image. Weird... ;)

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough... :(

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Some people are just retarded.

"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
    -Groucho Marx

Feedback Score
    75 (100%)

I agree with the lack of pictures. Anymore, unless t is a gun I really want, I just bypass any ad without a picture. I have limited time as it is.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MorrisWR View Post
    I agree with the lack of pictures. Anymore, unless t is a gun I really want, I just bypass any ad without a picture. I have limited time as it is.
    It's just more comical to me than anything else. I mean, this is Seattle for goodness sake. There's probably only 1 or 2 cities more "high tech" than here. ;)

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough... :(