Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New Bump Rule Policy/Sales Ad Info

Its a FREE service people. Do at least the MINIMUM amount of effort to figure it out. Read the rules.
    "He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
    -Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalAssault View Post
    This is really pissing me off. I was serious about handing out bans to those who cannot seem to grasp the concept of the board announcements. I am tired of being bombarded with PM's related to simple board issues that the mods can handle. There is a thread about who to contact first. You do NOT contact the Admin or the site owner to have a thread moved or ask where you should post something.
    PM sent for link to the thread regarding 48-hour bumps. I can't find it.
    Somebody buy this shit, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!--->>>http://seattleguns.net/showthread.ph...OP-Trade-Added

just my .02 but I dont like that I cant post a comment under a for sale ad. I usually learn quite a bit from the other people who post additional info below a OP's post (ex. whenever a S-W dash model goes up someone explains more about the models below the sale ad, another ex. anytime there is a unique model or optic for sale there is more helpful info below posted by another member). I would really like to see more info instead of PM'ing the OP and asking them questions they may not know or never even aanswer if I'm the 2nd or more person to PM...

Expert Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by John Brown View Post
    Its a FREE service people. Do at least the MINIMUM amount of effort to figure it out. Read the rules.
    Technically speaking, it's a means of revenue generation for the site owners. It may have started as a private guy wanting to foster a community, but it's a business now and without all these folks the admins seem so contemptuous of, there would be no ad revenue rolling in. It's like any other retail business; insulting the people who earn you money seems like a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Balog View Post
    Technically speaking, it's a means of revenue generation for the site owners. It may have started as a private guy wanting to foster a community, but it's a business now and without all these folks the admins seem so contemptuous of, there would be no ad revenue rolling in. It's like any other retail business; insulting the people who earn you money seems like a bad idea.
    Fucking Christ!!!! People come here to sell their stuff, and plenty of them are doing it to MAKE MONEY. Explain to me how that is NOT a FREE service. Your comments are insulting.

People like you should stick to GlockTalk and ARFcom.
    "He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
    -Groucho Marx

Expert Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by John Brown View Post
    Fucking Christ!!!! People come here to sell their stuff, and plenty of them are doing it to MAKE MONEY. Your comments are insulting.

People like you should stick to GlockTalk and ARFcom.
    My comments are factually correct. If you don't like people pointing out demonstrable facts, perhaps you should avoid the internet.

SGN Prince of Puyallup zombie66's Avatar
    Perhaps we should not have this convo in the owner's thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinus211 View Post
    Jesus fuck. Orion I've stood up for you on many occasions, from nonsense 9mm bouncing off insurgents to downtown Seattle security guard "I am the law" rants. As respectfully as this can possibly be said, go shove a pineapple up your ass.

My comments are factually correct. If you don't like people pointing out demonstrable facts, perhaps you should avoid the internet.
    Perhaps if you don't like it, you should start your own forum and run it the way you want? Avoid SGN.
    -Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by zombie66 View Post
    Perhaps we should not have this convo in the owner's thread.

Yeah, you should send Norm a PM telling him what you think about this site.

Give him a piece of your mind! Don't let him get away with this!!
    Somebody buy this shit, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!--->>>http://seattleguns.net/showthread.ph...OP-Trade-Added

The info regarding PM's in AGAIN in the board announcements.

As far as replies in posts go, sometimes there is good info added to the thread but that bumps it to the top every time and typically starts needless conversations. There is a wonderful site out there called Google that contains ALL the info in the world on any given subject. It is each buyers job to do his own due diligence before making a purchase and not rely on the posts of others. If you have a question regarding a specific firearm you can always make a thread in the general firearms discussion section and get the answers without cluttering up sales ads and bumping them to the top all the time.

As for this being a business and making money, the only money made off this site is by it's advertisers. SGN does not charge a fee to be a member. The donate button is OPTIONAL and by no means required. I would expect that people who are capable of running a business are capable of reading the board announcements and the reference section. Laziness and complacency has no place here.

95% of our members are great members who follow the rules, read the announcements and spread the info amongst those who may have missed it. The other 5% would rather PM myself, Skidoo or the mods rather than spending two minutes looking in the proper location for the answer. ALL important site wide information will be posted in the reference section and the board announcements. If someone can click on a forum to read ANY other post on this site, they can do the same for the important stuff.
    "There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."