Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 144

Thread: New Bump Rule Policy/Sales Ad Info

  1. #41
    Expert Shooter
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    93
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Brown View Post
    Its your insinuations and assumptions that are the bones of contempt, Sport.
    Any insinuations and assumptions are happening only in your mind. Your style of argumentation reminds me of when I lived in AZ and anyone who pointed out the damage caused by illegal immigration was called a racist. Not because they had actually said anything racist, but because the reader read "insinuations and assumptions" that weren't there into the statements.


  2. #42
    Jedi Knight John Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sea
    Posts
    10,040
    Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Balog View Post
    Any insinuations and assumptions are happening only in your mind. Your style of argumentation reminds me of when I lived in AZ and anyone who pointed out the damage caused by illegal immigration was called a racist. Not because they had actually said anything racist, but because the reader read "insinuations and assumptions" that weren't there into the statements.

    HEY!!!! Another moron to add to my ignore list. Bye bye. I hope you enjoy this FREE forum, and quit trying to assume that because in your mind, the owner is making money, that somehow you have a right to tell him how to run it.

    "He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
    -Groucho Marx

  3. #43
    Patrolman
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,715
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Just to keep it straight.

    No bumping of For Sale threads (send PM)
    No replying to FS threads
    OP can bump after 48 vs 72hrs
    No bumping for decrease in price (see above)
    OP can lock their own thread

    Tentsile Affiliate
    www.Tentsile.com
    Use Code YOUNGKIM10 to get 10% off

  4. #44
    Sharp Shooter H-minus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Snohomish/Bothell
    Posts
    656
    Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    It appears JB is the moderator of this thread, well different suggestions and opinions are just wrong anyway ... right JB?

    "We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."--- George Orwell (1903-1950)

  5. #45
    Jedi Knight John Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sea
    Posts
    10,040
    Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by H-minus View Post
    It appears JB is the moderator of this thread, well different suggestions and opinions are just wrong anyway ... right JB?
    Whatever you want to think doesn't change the fact that the admins have posted the new "for sale" rules, as summarized in Oldkim's short version two posts above. And a select few can't seem to understand them. Give it time. It will sink in.

    "He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
    -Groucho Marx

  6. #46
    SGN George Wendt Skidoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Everett
    Posts
    9,869
    Feedback Score
    79 (100%)
    I see this has been kept on the front page today, hopefully everyone has seen it now and will know the new policy for bumping threads.
    Thanks everyone.


  7. #47
    Administrator TacticalAssault's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Woodinville
    Posts
    8,681
    Feedback Score
    67 (100%)
    [QUOTE=brad01;931507]
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalAssault View Post
    As far as replies in posts go, sometimes there is good info added to the thread but that bumps it to the top every time and typically starts needless conversations. There is a wonderful site out there called Google that contains ALL the info in the world on any given subject. It is each buyers job to do his own due diligence before making a purchase and not rely on the posts of others. If you have a question regarding a specific firearm you can always make a thread in the general firearms discussion section and get the answers without cluttering up sales ads and bumping them to the top all the time. QUOTE]


    The reason I frequent this forum is because the members are knowledgeable and I've gotten to meet many of them. I would trust them over a random Google any day. And isn't that the point of a forum-where I can come to learn from other local enthusiasts? Just being more community minded vs. anonymous is good for the site I think. Plus with the new way these for sale ads just look like craigslist ads :(
    That's exactly why I said you can make a thread in the general firearms discussion. This new rule isn't about pissing 15k people off. It's about making it a little easier on the SEVEN of us that moderate the boards. I hope you and everyone else can understand that. Out of the thousands of people on this form only a tiny handful have complained about the new rule.


    Quote Originally Posted by Skidoo View Post
    I see this has been kept on the front page today, hopefully everyone has seen it now and will know the new policy for bumping threads.
    Thanks everyone.
    That's why I haven't stopped it yet! LOL.

    "There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."

  8. #48
    Jedi Knight John Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sea
    Posts
    10,040
    Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Starting a topic with questions is definitely the way to go.

    Its pretty easy, and allows for long discussions of firearms without cluttering a guy's for sale ad.

    Say you have a question about my S&W Register Magnum I have for sale. You don't know what it is. Just go to the discussion area and start a thread. "Questions about S&W Registered Magnum". From there we can talk all day about it. THAT will make the discussion area a wealth of information. And the search engine works pretty good, for getting info from older posts.

    "He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
    -Groucho Marx

  9. #49
    Expert Shooter Elkhair's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Mt Rainier Foot hills
    Posts
    86
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by John Brown View Post
    Starting a topic with questions is definitely the way to go.

    Its pretty easy, and allows for long discussions of firearms without cluttering a guy's for sale ad.

    Say you have a question about my S&W Register Magnum I have for sale. You don't know what it is. Just go to the discussion area and start a thread. "Questions about S&W Registered Magnum". From there we can talk all day about it. THAT will make the discussion area a wealth of information. And the search engine works pretty good, for getting info from older posts.
    Nice Now we need a rule about advertising the Guns you have for Sale in a Board Announcement. LOL I'm a little Sarcastic too.


  10. #50
    Patrolman brad01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,719
    Feedback Score
    55 (100%)
    Points taken. Long as I can continue to be schooled.


    They still look like craigslist ads though!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •