View Poll Results: No more posting in FS threads a good idea?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 58.93%
  • No

23 41.07%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is the new "no bump" rule a good idea? And your thoughts on other aspects of the board.....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SIG556 View Post
    I was the last one to hide it. I tried a search for the thread on it but I think it was lost during the site move. I checked on the box on Mother's Day and it was still there, but a member had said he and his son were hoping to go get it, so I left it there. I'll rehide it and start a new thread with it's updated location.
    Shit, just noticed you posted about the PIF box, I thought it was the southend geocache box. Disregard, I suck.

Somebody buy this shit, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!--->>>http://seattleguns.net/showthread.ph...OP-Trade-Added

Feedback Score
    67 (100%)
    No replies in sales ads is a good thing, period. If people have questions about the item, PM the seller. If the seller doesn't know the answer start a thread in the firearms discussion section with a link pointing to the thread in question.

As for people creating trolls, well that won't be an issue either. I am working on a mod that scans all I.P.'s and prevents the same I.P. from having more than one account. If we find people trolling up we ban all accounts permanently. Is it really worth trolling up? We may not find you immediately but we will find you and you will be removed from the site. The banning options on here are MUCH more effective than the last site.

I think JB nailed this one down. The only guys that are going to complain about replies in sale ads are the guys that were breaking the rules anyway. Jon (tisk tisk) your a good dude and a great member here but you threw yourself under the bus by saying you would purposely price your items a bit high so that you could do a $25 bump to keep your ad at the top. As I said before...crafty but not acceptable. Those guys that post an ad and follow all the rules get their ads dropped to the third page because of guys shadily bumping their ads one way or another.

As for the PIF section I can remove the post prevention from that section which I will do because people should be able to say "IN" in the PIF threads and not have to PM the poor thread starter.

This poll was a great idea but I think by the end everyone will realize that keeping the sales sections clean really is a better way to do things.

"There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."

Feedback Score
    169 (100%)
    And the results reflect that Brandon so it appears I am pretty close to alone in this. No problem. Even I am wrong once in awhile.

As for my prices on items, I don't price items higher than I feel they are worth but I do price them most of the time higher than I'd accept and that's what I meant about the $50 leeway. If it threw myself under the bus then so be it.

Masses have spoken it seems. I see both points and think it makes better sense from a mod perspective to have it not allowed but as a frequent seller it's no bueno.
    Poll was to make it easier on you and Norm instead of having 50 emails per day from people which apparently wouldn't have been an issue anyway. Thanks for the hard work you guys have been doing on this board as I know it's not financially rewarding for the most part.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Another point is, if people post questions about specific guns in the discussion forum, they STAY there, searchable for reference at a later time. Questions and answers that were in the for sale ads, would go away after the item was sold and deleted, with the old system.

"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
    -Groucho Marx

Feedback Score
    169 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Brown View Post
    Another point is, if people post questions about specific guns in the discussion forum, they STAY there, searchable for reference at a later time. Questions and answers that were in the for sale ads, would go away after the item was sold and deleted, with the old system.
    Valid. Maybe we should have different forums for every kind of gun so we can search the questions we may have!

Definitely kidding and your point is well made JB.

Feedback Score
    67 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IRackNBack View Post
    And the results reflect that Brandon so it appears I am pretty close to alone in this. No problem. Even I am wrong once in awhile.

As for my prices on items, I don't price items higher than I feel they are worth but I do price them most of the time higher than I'd accept and that's what I meant about the $50 leeway. If it threw myself under the bus then so be it.

Masses have spoken it seems. I see both points and think it makes better sense from a mod perspective to have it not allowed but as a frequent seller it's no bueno.
    Poll was to make it easier on you and Norm instead of having 50 emails per day from people which apparently wouldn't have been an issue anyway. Thanks for the hard work you guys have been doing on this board as I know it's not financially rewarding for the most part.
    I knew exactly what you meant from the beginning. Hence why I sad you were crafty. You aren't the only one who has taken issue with the new rule though. There are like 5 other people who don't like it. LOL.

"There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    The new rule rocks. Leave discussions for discussion threads.

"Life is tough ..... It's even tougher if you're stupid." ..... John Wayne

Feedback Score
    169 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalAssault View Post
    I knew exactly what you meant from the beginning. Hence why I sad you were crafty. You aren't the only one who has taken issue with the new rule though. There are like 5 other people who don't like it. LOL.
    Haha, poll says there is 6 other people, not 5. Gotta get your facts straight.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IRackNBack View Post
    Haha, poll says there is 6 other people, not 5. Gotta get your facts straight.
    That's just your "troll" so you could add another vote

Expert Shooter
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Here is the problem i have, just tried to buy an item and pm the seller, got a message saying he exceeded his storage, now i have no way to contact him. Now what, cant post in his thread