View Poll Results: No more posting in FS threads a good idea?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 58.93%
  • No

23 41.07%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is the new "no bump" rule a good idea? And your thoughts on other aspects of the board.....

Feedback Score
    169 (100%)
    Ahh good point. Then vote "no" and help us naysayers out!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911a1 View Post
    Here is the problem i have, just tried to buy an item and pm the seller, got a message saying he exceeded his storage, now i have no way to contact him. Now what, cant post in his thread
    I guess he doesn't want to sell it very bad. And he hasn't read any of the posts on here about cleaning out your PM's. Probably not any of the rules either. People will learn how it works. Or they will lower their price, thinking their price is too high.

"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
    -Groucho Marx

Banned
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I think its a good idea.

I think we should also start a "Worst of SGN" thread where we can post links to the worst ads, maybe call out some of these guys with crappy ads.

Example:

Gun for sale
    $850
    [img] one crappy pic [/img]

No info other than that, no buyer instructions, no contact info other than to simply send a PM and hope his box isnt full.

I think there is plenty of drama and discussion in the general discussion and pit area, and finally got that doggone Zimmerman thread closed thanks to the OP for that.

If someone is motivated to sell, they will do what they have to do to make the sale happen, if the buyer is motivated to buy, then they will do what needs to happen. OK, so someone didnt pay attention and his inbox is full, so you cant PM him for a buy, but neither can anyone else, subscribe to the topic and keep trying if you really want it. We can all be consumers and suppliers, it takes willingness and an ability. If someone has willingness to buy and ability, then the supplies should also. If they have the ability to psot an ad, but havent cleared out their inbox, then they must not have the wilingness to learn how it works and their item will just sit.

Life is easy enough, this site doesnt need to cater to those that refuse to read the rules. There are PLENTY of resources on "how to post pics", "how to create an ad", descritions on "where to place an ad" the reference section is full of all that stuff. If new members would jsut read that info, then there would no longer be the need for chatter in the for sale threads anyhow. People will figure out why their stuff isnt selling, and if they keep lowering the price thinking its just too high for a buyer, then its an advantage. Sometimes stupidity hurts.

I am off the soapbox now. Carry on.

Feedback Score
    67 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911a1 View Post
    Here is the problem i have, just tried to buy an item and pm the seller, got a message saying he exceeded his storage, now i have no way to contact him. Now what, cant post in his thread
    That's because he hasn't read the BOARD ANNOUNCEMENTS or the REFERENCE SECTION to know that he needs to clean out his PM's. That's his fault. If he wants to sell his gun he will pay attention to what's going on around him and figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr Shooter View Post
    I think its a good idea.

I think we should also start a "Worst of SGN" thread where we can post links to the worst ads, maybe call out some of these guys with crappy ads.

Example:

Gun for sale
    $850
    [img] one crappy pic [/img]

No info other than that, no buyer instructions, no contact info other than to simply send a PM and hope his box isnt full.

I think there is plenty of drama and discussion in the general discussion and pit area, and finally got that doggone Zimmerman thread closed thanks to the OP for that.

If someone is motivated to sell, they will do what they have to do to make the sale happen, if the buyer is motivated to buy, then they will do what needs to happen. OK, so someone didnt pay attention and his inbox is full, so you cant PM him for a buy, but neither can anyone else, subscribe to the topic and keep trying if you really want it. We can all be consumers and suppliers, it takes willingness and an ability. If someone has willingness to buy and ability, then the supplies should also. If they have the ability to psot an ad, but havent cleared out their inbox, then they must not have the wilingness to learn how it works and their item will just sit.

Life is easy enough, this site doesnt need to cater to those that refuse to read the rules. There are PLENTY of resources on "how to post pics", "how to create an ad", descritions on "where to place an ad" the reference section is full of all that stuff. If new members would jsut read that info, then there would no longer be the need for chatter in the for sale threads anyhow. People will figure out why their stuff isnt selling, and if they keep lowering the price thinking its just too high for a buyer, then its an advantage. Sometimes stupidity hurts.

I am off the soapbox now. Carry on.
    I like that idea Josh except that will likely eliminate 1/3 of all the ads. LOL.

ETA: If they keep lowering their price I will go in and delete their PM's and send them an "I'll take it!" PM.

"There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."

Banned
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    TA, I sent you a PM, dont ban me.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I hate to say it guys, but this site does not belong to any of us so we really cant say a damn thing about how its run. Norm is nice enough to ask us how we like things, or what we think, but in the end it is his decision and we should be happy we have a place to BS and get advice and buy/sell/drool over cool stuff. I agree that the site seems to have gotten some complete dumb asses recently, but we all learn who they are and they soon go away as we ignore them. I say if you dont like Norms rules, go spend your time on Craigslist

Feedback Score
    79 (100%)
    Here is one thing many of you fail to realize. Myself and the staff spend most of our time on this site moderating it, none of you have any idea how much work it is to monitor 400-800 post a day, which we try and read everyone of them. There is too many people who dont read rules, dont give a shit about the rules or frankly dont care. We would also like to be able to enjoy the site like the rest of you do, but we rarely do, because we are working behind the scenes. By not having to monitor the for sale section and enforcing the rules, we can spend more time either enjoying the site or making the site better. Many of the things your bitching about not being fixed yet, is because I dont have the time, between working 45-50 hours a week at my job that pays my bills and working on the site answering 100 webmaster emails a day. 1000 of you got on the site before you got your computer generated passwords, because I manually put your password in and emailed it to you. I also replied to another 500 or so people having banned IP issues, then there has been the "how come I cant reply in the for sale ads" or "whats the password for the nsfw section" emails. The amount of time we put into this site to make a better home for all of you guys, to then hear the complaining and bitching from a few, is quite disappointing to me. The BBQ last saturday was the first day in a month, that I took off from working on the site, had it not been an SGN event, I probably would have spent the entire day working. We know that we cant please every single person on here, but at least what you can do, is give it a chance.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    i think its kind of a double edged sword, on one hand a guy posts a gun for sale and forgets to put price, pics, info or whatever in the thread and has 20 different guys pming him for the info etc. but on the other hand, it keeps all the sale ads bullshit free from drama. so its not a bad thing but its not perfect. IMO.

This is my sig line. There are many like but this one is mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by hippyshake
    It's a jungle out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyr Shooter
    Sexiest thing about that pic isn't the body... it's the beard.
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie66
    Don is top notch he popped my cherry

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Normanator View Post
    I hate to say it guys, but this site does not belong to any of us so we really cant say a damn thing about how its run. Norm is nice enough to ask us how we like things, or what we think, but in the end it is his decision and we should be happy we have a place to BS and get advice and buy/sell/drool over cool stuff. I agree that the site seems to have gotten some complete dumb asses recently, but we all learn who they are and they soon go away as we ignore them. I say if you dont like Norms rules, go spend your time on Craigslist
    Yep.

"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
    -Groucho Marx

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_fatstyles View Post
    i think its kind of a double edged sword, on one hand a guy posts a gun for sale and forgets to put price, pics, info or whatever in the thread and has 20 different guys pming him for the info etc. but on the other hand, it keeps all the sale ads bullshit free from drama. so its not a bad thing but its not perfect. IMO.
    I guess he'll learn to post the right details then won't he?