Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: capitalist - Bumping / deleting Threads

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

capitalist - Bumping / deleting Threads

OK, so I'm just going to throw this out there, because of some of the things I have seen.

what if after 4 bumps the thread must get deleted and never put back up in a different way!
    I mean if you have to bump it more than that, then you are taking up space for wanted guns / parts, in normal price ranges! I personally had never had to bump something more than that, because I put it for fair prices.

that should keep the, way over priced, capitalist, pricks from trying to take advantage of our community members.

Am I way out of line or does this seem like a good idea?

input please.

Last edited by kawasucky; 05-27-2012 at 07:49 AM.

Expert Shooter
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, there are times that a gun doesn't sell quickly due to being more niche-market than typical, no matter the price. Besides, there aren't so many getting too many bumps that it clogs things up.
    Also, I wouldn't use capitalist as an insult, nor would many members here.

Expert Marksman
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I dont know if we need to go to that extreme but if I may suggest, We as forum members need to hammer the point of people closing their classified threads when finished to help out our MODS.
    I dont know how many times wondering through the adds and finding abandoned threads, It is very simple to edit your post to say SOLD PLEASE DELETE. That would clean plenty of space IMHO.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    thanks for the input guys.

this site did look poorly on capitalist (not to long ago), because we used to be a community of friends and not a selling site like gunbroker. I'm not sure about most, but I would not try and make a bunch of money off my friends, in fact I would try and help them out with money if they really needed it!

Maybe I'm thinking about this all wrong, if this is really a capitalist site, then that donate button on the top should go away and there should be a signup fee and a fee for each selling transaction based on the selling price. ? Why should this be a place for making money, yet the owners and mods make nothing! that doesn't sound fair does it? (oh i forgot, everyone is out for themselves and don't care about overpricing and screwing others)

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    I agree, if you have been bumping your shit for 2-3 months or more then either get it off and make room or lower your price. You shit may possibly be overpriced?

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)

RE: capitalist - Bumping / deleting Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tiresales

I agree, if you have been bumping your shit for 2-3 months or more then either get it off and make room or lower your price. You shit may possibly be overpriced?
    It depends on what the poster is selling you need to find the right buy for what is being sold. Their have been some posters that want to make a buck that come on this site and turn out to be flakes then are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by drewesque

Well, there are times that a gun doesn't sell quickly due to being more niche-market than typical, no matter the price. Besides, there aren't so many getting too many bumps that it clogs things up. Also, I wouldn't use capitalist as an insult, nor would many members here.
    What drewsque said it can also include many other items as well not just firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinner

I dont know if we need to go to that extreme but if I may suggest, We as forum members need to hammer the point of people closing their classified threads when finished to help out our MODS.I dont know how many times wondering through the adds and finding abandoned threads, It is very simple to edit your post to say SOLD PLEASE DELETE. That would clean plenty of space IMHO.
    That is why it is important for everyone to READ the SGN reference section http://seattleguns.net/forumdisplay....E-you-post!%29 and the Board Announcements http://seattleguns.net/forumdisplay....-ANNOUNCEMENTS This would reduce the amount of questions being posted that are covered right their

Last edited by Buick_455; 05-27-2012 at 10:11 AM.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiresales View Post
    if you have been bumping your shit for 2-3 months or more then either get it off and make room or lower your price. You shit may possibly be overpriced?
    Again, when you are selling a one-of-a-kind widget and you know what it is suppose to sell for. Face it, it is going to take a while to find the right buyer.

BTW, why not just ignore the post instead of complaining?

Expert Marksman
    Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Perhaps you should research the meaning of "capitalist", or are you "the 99%"? (I don't recall you ever coming across like a smelly hippy/entitlement-minded/free market hater).
    Yay capitalism! (This from a union member even).

Quote Originally Posted by kawasucky View Post
    OK, so I'm just going to throw this out there, because of some of the things I have seen.

what if after 4 bumps the thread must get deleted and never put back up in a different way!
    I mean if you have to bump it more than that, then you are taking up space for wanted guns / parts, in normal price ranges! I personally had never had to bump something more than that, because I put it for fair prices.

that should keep the, way over priced, capitalist, pricks from trying to take advantage of our community members.

Am I way out of line or does this seem like a good idea?

input please.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

Capitalism is evil!!!!!!!!!!!!

this site did look poorly on capitalist (not to long ago), because we used to be a community of friends and not a selling site like gunbroker. I'm not sure about most, but I would not try and make a bunch of money off my friends, in fact I would try and help them out with money if they really needed it!

Maybe I'm thinking about this all wrong, if this is really a capitalist site, then that donate button on the top should go away and there should be a signup fee and a fee for each selling transaction based on the selling price. ? Why should this be a place for making money, yet the owners and mods make nothing! that doesn't sound fair does it? (oh i forgot, everyone is out for themselves and don't care about overpricing and screwing others)

Seems like you are wanting some kind of control that fits your ideals. Hmmm.......imagine that. Then you call some people "pricks"..........I'm just speaking for myself and I rarely challenge others here, but this site can be a combination - not just all or nothing. The site owner takes in money from advertising (oh my GOD evil) and donations, like JB's excellent raffle - and has out flow for server and support costs. There is a separate section for FFL's who can sell as often as they want (and God forbid, make money!), and then there are your evil bumpers with super high prices making a killing on the unsuspecting innocent gun buyers.

I think you are out of line. Just what is so wrong with capitalism? What the heck is with the thread title? After 4 bumps of your $1900 Les Baer, one must be a greasy sleazy, underhanded evil capitalist pig. Geeze, bud - in most non-capitalist places, you can't even own guns. If a gun is overpriced, it won't sell. If someone overpays, well caveat emptor. Yes there are couple guns that seem to get bumped and bumped.....no takers. No one ripped off. No one making money stealing from the pockets of the innocents.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE GUNS, THEN DON'T OWN ONE.
    45 + rating, so between that and my CPL, you can't trust me, thanks to I-594! Thanks WA state.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Thanks for the input !!

I can totally see where you ALL are coming from!

I'm not totally bitching, I would like to see the opinions of the masses about it.

I agree that there are some unique guns sold here, but don't mean they can try and make a killing on it.

I think I showed my thoughts

(as you can see, I found the smilie section)

this maybe

But Please, lets hear more opinions about this!