Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: capitalist - Bumping / deleting Threads

Feedback Score
    70 (100%)
    I just dont understand why people get bunched up over things like this. If you dont like it skip it...

Its not like you have to view every post to get to the next.

More ads mean more views. More people. Some stay some dont. We all got here at ine poont because we wantes to buy or sell. We stayed. Some didnt.

Rate the thread low if it sucks. So eventually people get the idea...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    OK I've calmed down. I'm not naming names, but there is a nice .308 AK from Mitchell. Unfired. I can honestly say I don't know the value, but there have been no takers here. The seller is following the rules. But it's been a year. Maybe a time limit? Maybe a gentle reminder from the the mods to try a price drop if you actually want to sell it, but really just dreaming and hanging on for a price should perhaps have a time limit, but free to re-post in 3-6 months or something (hard to enforce).

If you guys thinks that my Mitchell arms M90 is over price. Here's one on gun broker right now and way more money then I am asking. I drop the price 300.00 for a weekend special a couple weeks ago. I do get offers on it from time to time I just haven't found anything I want.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=287350513

Feedback Score
    103 (100%)
    o.k. i don't usually get into all this but here we go. since the person who has the m90 has already defended him self all i can say is this.
    i have been a AK collector for over 20 years and most who know me from the shows have come to me with there questions regarding AK's
    all i can say is this. yugo m90's are great guns. mags are now available for about 65.00 ea for originals. the one included with this gun is a mitchell US made crappy mag.
    just pointing it out. then there is the price. the owner shows that there is a more expensive gun on gunbroker. by doing this he opens himself uf to the obvious.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=278844802 here is one with a scope and mount that did not sell right away and then someone finally hit the buy it now. what i can tell you is that i have personally sold pre89 yugo's in the last year that have factory correct mags and bayonet lugs with the gun being marked AK47 for less than 2,300 one went for 1,800 and the other for 1,650 this is just my 2 cents worth. take it at that. but if your goinf to quote GB.be ready to show all the prices not just the highest.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper Creeper View Post
    If you guys thinks that my Mitchell arms M90 is over price. Here's one on gun broker right now and way more money then I am asking. I drop the price 300.00 for a weekend special a couple weeks ago. I do get offers on it from time to time I just haven't found anything I want.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=287350513

I'm not trying to point fingers, but are you serious? that add on gunbroker has no bids, nor does your post(s), so do you think that maybe the price is to high?
    I can put a bryco .380 for a starting price $1,200 and a buy now for $1,500 on gunbroker, does that mean that it is worth that much? (sure, some misinformed chap may buy it for that), but I don't think it is right! I have been on the short end of the stick and it does not feel very good to find-out that I got screwed over a deal.

I'm sorry, I should not be making a big deal about it, because you have every right to charge what you want for your weapons. I just wish that we could all think of others before ourselves.

I'm not trying to put ourselves against each-other. i just wanted to get points-of-views and maybe open my view a little on the subject. I hope that this does not get out of hand and peoples feelings get hurt or tempers get in the way of an adult discussion.

thanks for the opinions guys!

Last edited by kawasucky; 05-27-2012 at 12:44 PM.

Feedback Score
    70 (100%)
    Be careful though. Although i can see you mean well it can easily be misinterpreted as being a big brother. "Do it how i would as your way is wrong..."

Your version of what is right is subject to whoever is doing the interpreting...

As you see opinions are varied... Its ok to suggest. But once you point at specifics you are basically telling somebody you know better than them... Most places people on high horses get pulled down.

Not aeguing with you as you are right and i get a chuckle when sonebody sells a used gun for more than i bought mine new... But i would not publicly criticize them or i may get an SGN vacation...

Expert Shooter
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kawasucky View Post
    I'm sorry, I should not be making a big deal about it, because you have every right to charge what you want for your weapons. I just wish that we could all think of others before ourselves.
    This is not a charity site. We are not here to give guns to the less fortunate. Besides, much of the time, people are selling or trading their guns because they don't have the money for things they want or need.
    It is not anyone's obligation to think of someone else's needs/wants first in a business transaction. Capitalism works best if each person has his/her own best interests at heart. If I want the best for me and you want the best for you, we come to a mutually beneficial arrangement. If I want what's best for you, I may well agree to an agreement detrimental to myself. If we both want what's best for the other, not knowing the full circumstances of each others' lives, we may come up with a mutually detrimental agreement, each thinking we've helped the other.
    I'm not out to get anyone on this board, but you are not my family, or, for the most part, even known to me. Your wants/needs are your responsibility, and I don't expect anyone on here to do anything of detriment to themselves just to help me out.

Feedback Score
    118 (100%)
    "I just wish that we could all think of others before ourselves."

I promise, should we ever deal over anything, that I will expect you to think of yourself first. It's as natural as self-defense.

SGN didn't set out to change the Free Market. Its prime function/mission is as a meeting place to talk, learn and share.
    The classifieds are Free Market except that we guard against flipping because it's illegal and could bring the feds down on us if we don't discourage it - and whomever comes out on the short end of the stick gets whiney. We don't want whiney.