Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How about a "first dibs" club?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Re: How about a "first dibs" club?

Quote Originally Posted by hkcavalier View Post
    Feedback? What is this thing you speak of.
    Yeah, pretty much. Who needs it anyway? I guess you're supposed to ignore it and just sell to the first person who pm's you, "Ill take it. Send pic to ***-***-**** I'm from white center. an can meets you in White center. No paper work."

Julian: You're not prostituting yourself for cheeseburgers again, are ya, Randy?
    Randy: A man's gotta eat, Julian.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Liet-Kynes View Post
    Yeah, pretty much. Who needs it anyway? I guess you're supposed to ignore it and just sell to the first person who pm's you, "Ill take it. Send pic to ***-***-**** I'm from white center. an can meets you in White center. No paper work."
    I don't get why you are going on about this. People can sell to whoever the fuck they want, and for whatever price they agree to. You act like deals weren't done via PM's before. Nothing has changed except all the lameassed "PM sent" crap.

FYI, I always give preference to guys I've done deals with before. Doesn't matter if they are 1st in line or not. But first impressions go a long way for noobs. If they sound intelligent, legal, and aren't lowballers, they can trade with me.

But I do NOT go for this concept of playing people off each other to drive up the price, to make more money. It's an integrity issue. I've had a couple guys pull that shit on me. "Joe Blow just offered me $50 more than the deal we agreed on, can you match it?" Not how I roll. Those guys can stuff their guns up their asses.

"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
    -Groucho Marx

Banned
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I will note though that if a seller ACCEPTS an offer at his list price, but then sends a PM of the variety that JB mentioned, the the seller is a douche. Once an offer is accepted the seller should do the right thing and sell to the guys who's offer he accepted.

If the seller has NOT accepted and offer then selling based on convenience, feedback, reputation, and price is up to him. IMO, once an offer is accepted, it's accepted. Case and point, I agreed to a price under my list price for my Steyr M9. We set a time and place and a price. After I accepted that offer I recieved a full price offer. Still told the guy offering full price that I had already made a deal on it and it was no longer for sale. I am still sellin it tomorrow for the agreed upon price. I am NOT going to ask the buyer to match the full price offer. We agreed on spruce and both of us will walk away happy.

A few bucks more is nice, but if the cost of those bucks results in a lack of honesty or integrity.

BTW: Thanks for checking in with me today, I'll see you tomorrow morning at 8:30.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

I thought some guy named Robin Masters owned the site

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by John Brown View Post
    I don't get why you are going on about this. People can sell to whoever the fuck they want, and for whatever price they agree to. You act like deals weren't done via PM's before. Nothing has changed except all the lameassed "PM sent" crap.

FYI, I always give preference to guys I've done deals with before. Doesn't matter if they are 1st in line or not. But first impressions go a long way for noobs. If they sound intelligent, legal, and aren't lowballers, they can trade with me.

But I do NOT go for this concept of playing people off each other to drive up the price, to make more money. It's an integrity issue. I've had a couple guys pull that shit on me. "Joe Blow just offered me $50 more than the deal we agreed on, can you match it?" Not how I roll. Those guys can stuff their guns up their asses.
    I think you and I are misunderstanding each other. I agree with you a hundred percent.

Julian: You're not prostituting yourself for cheeseburgers again, are ya, Randy?
    Randy: A man's gotta eat, Julian.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

I think you and I are misunderstanding each other. I agree with you a hundred percent.
    I just don't get your earlier reference to paying more than the asking price, I guess.

"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
    -Groucho Marx

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by John Brown View Post
    Those guys can stuff their guns up their asses.
    Your avatar almost got a gun stuffed up his ass IIRC. Don't mess with the Jesus.

Douché: Pronounced "do-shay" and used like "touché", but in reply to something done or said that's utterly douchetastic e.g. "Wow, you went and did a selfie in the spray tan booth. Douché!"

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Anyone else tired of replying to an ad within minutes of it posting and still being the "third in line?"

I'd like a "first dibs" club. A fixed amount of spots available, a joining fee of say $50 a month or $200 annual, and those people who join get an hour to view an ad before it's posted to the General public.

Obviously this will never happen, but out of my frustration I decided to post suggestion anyway.
    What did you miss buying ? =)

Dealer/FFL
    Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by massivedesign View Post
    Years ago, SGN had an "officers" area with special classifieds etc... That went overboard.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Contact me for member pricing

http://www.kandearms.com

CHECK OUR NEW ESTORE FOR CURRENT PRICES

http://www.davidsonsinc.com/consumer...ealer_id=35095

Feedback Score
    67 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by The Shepherd View Post
    I thought some guy named Robin Masters owned the site
    Where have you been? Welcome back to SGN. "Robin Masters" sold the site last year to Skidoo. It's been headed in a much better direction.

"There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."