Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Members vs. Guests

Banned
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Members vs. Guests

During a recent ban I noticed that non-members are priveledged to be able to read all forums on this site, on the old site they were only able to view the for sale sections. Is it possible to limit guest usage similarly on the new site. Maybe have them able to read the reference section, maybe some of the customer service forums, but leave the WTS, WTB, General Discussion, The Pit, etc. to members only.

I would prefer having only members being able to view my for sale ads just for accountability and being able to use PM's as a means to track the transaction if something doesnt go right. Maybe recieving a broken gun, or something. Who knows, but would it be that terrible to limit the site to members in the important areas listed above.

Giving guests access to the reference area only allows them to read through it, once joining they can see what else this site has to offer. If they have the internet and are browsing as guests, it seems perfectly reasonable for them to have an e-mail account, register simply and easily, and browse the site as a member... thoughts?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Re: Members vs. Guests

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr Shooter View Post
    During a recent ban I noticed that non-members are priveledged to be able to read all forums on this site, on the old site they were only able to view the for sale sections. Is it possible to limit guest usage similarly on the new site. Maybe have them able to read the reference section, maybe some of the customer service forums, but leave the WTS, WTB, General Discussion, The Pit, etc. to members only.

I would prefer having only members being able to view my for sale ads just for accountability and being able to use PM's as a means to track the transaction if something doesnt go right. Maybe recieving a broken gun, or something. Who knows, but would it be that terrible to limit the site to members in the important areas listed above.

Giving guests access to the reference area only allows them to read through it, once joining they can see what else this site has to offer. If they have the internet and are browsing as guests, it seems perfectly reasonable for them to have an e-mail account, register simply and easily, and browse the site as a member... thoughts?
    I agree with this.

P.S. I love a post that begins with "During a recent ban..."

Quote Originally Posted by brownsalamander View Post
    Id crawl through a mile of broken glass just to suck the dick that fucked her last.

Feedback Score
    70 (100%)

Agreed, guests should be allowed to view the forum lists but not the ads themselves. That way they'll be tempted by all the great deals and have to sign up!

Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/

Feedback Score
    67 (100%)

I'll fix it later today. Headed to lunch with Skidoo now.

"There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."

Banned
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by oasis618 View Post
    I agree with this.

P.S. I love a post that begins with "During a recent ban..."
    Yeah, thats how it goes. Needless to say I could still browse the site and watch all the excitement, jsut wasnt able to offer my tidbits of knowledge.

Did you know that more collect calls are placed on fathers day than any other day of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by sinus211 View Post
    Agreed, guests should be allowed to view the forum lists but not the ads themselves. That way they'll be tempted by all the great deals and have to sign up!
    I like ^ this idea. Not sure how difficult it is to do on the admin side though.

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalAssault View Post
    Thanks TA, You are batting 1000 for the day, first the feedback is fixed, now this. Great work and thanks for everything.

Last edited by Steyr Shooter; 06-15-2012 at 12:04 PM.

Sniper
    Feedback Score
    95 (100%)

I liked the privacy of the old forum since it wasn't wide open like now. That's my only gripe.

Ranger
    Feedback Score
    36 (100%)

I do agree with guest not being able to view the WTS/WTT/WTB ads. Every now and then I get a person that just signed up to reply/PM my ad. I did like the privacy of the old forum though.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

Headed to lunch with Skidoo now.
    Lucky bastart.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE GUNS, THEN DON'T OWN ONE.
    45 + rating, so between that and my CPL, you can't trust me, thanks to I-594! Thanks WA state.

Feedback Score
    139 (100%)

sharing is caring xcited

"When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice. Ted Nugent

Banned
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Lunch, just like sleep, friendship, water, companionship... is over rated.