Thread: New Posts

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I'm aware the management team is still pretty busy since the move over here, but I thought I'd submit a suggestion.

Could there an ability to allow users to set which forums contents appear when clicking 'new posts'? For example, when I click 'new posts' I would like for it to display all active threads, with to ability to not display threads from the pit section, or any other section I decide not to view.

Giving the user a feature like that would help everyone out, and once set up, make the site much more enjoyable to browse. I suspect that the "regulars" would enjoy the feature also, being that the new premium membership gives access to other hidden forums, they could block the sections where the rest of us noobs post. Again, this would only take effect on the 'active topics' page.

Feedback Score
    67 (100%)

Re: New Posts

I don't believe there is a way to do that but it's something I can look into. As for the Premium Members there aren't "other hidden forums" there is one. It doesn't grant the Premium Members secret access to sales posts before anyone else or anything like that. The site is exactly the same for everyone except one new section for the premium members that has the new rules for their member group.

"There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."

Banned
    Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

TA don't forget the premium member handshake

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalAssault View Post
    As for the Premium Members there aren't "other hidden forums" there is one. It doesn't grant the Premium Members secret access to sales posts before anyone else or anything like that. The site is exactly the same for everyone except one new section for the premium members that has the new rules for their member group.
    Thanks for the clarification Apologies for helping spread the false info.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

(Yes, I know the thread is old) It is relevant to the same idea, so I thought it would make sense to post instead of create a new topic.

In the "New Posts" section, I enjoy using the feature that lets me hover over a topic, and read the first sentence. It lets me get a better idea of what it's referring to without having to open it. I do however, wish there were a delay from the time the mouse hovers over the topic, until the snippet appears. Often times the snippet that pops up only does so because that is where my mouse lands, and it blocks part of the title to topics below it.

ETA - Or perhaps, the snippet containing the first sentence only appear when hovering of the text portion of the title.

Anyone else share my opinion?

Last edited by Gadget; 07-26-2012 at 09:24 PM.