Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: SGN Tiered Subscription membership info thread

SGN Tiered Subscription membership info thread

Many of you know by now that SGN will be going to a tiered membership forum, here is the email I sent out to the entire registered usergroup section, which is the group most of you belong to.

Hello SGN Members,

I will try and keep this as short as possible as I know everyone hates long drawn out post and threads. SGN has been a free site for a very long time and due to the cost of operating as a business and the time it takes to run the back end of the site, full use of the site will no longer be free. Starting this coming Sunday, the current "registered" usergroup will become a limited use usergroup. To have all the features currently available now, you will be required to purchase a paid subscription. The "Gold" subscription is pretty much the same as what you have now, but with an increase in pm's. This membership is a quarterly membership and will cost $6.00 per quarter.

I know some of you dont have paypal accounts, I prefer to have everyone use paypal, but will make exceptions to established users of SGN, but you will be required to buy an annual subscription at a time. I am also hoping this will cut down on the CL flakes, one and done guys and those who feel they dont have to follow the established rules of SGN.

I am fully aware that some of you are not going to like the idea of the site no longer being a free site and will feel the need to start threads displaying your displeasure, I suggest not doing this as there is no need for this, we already know some of you wont like it.

For those of you who continue to support and be a part of the SGN community, I appreciate it and I thank you.

Norm

A couple things I didnt go over was, how do you find the subscription section? This can be found in your "settings" section or your "notifications" section, it is located in the lower left part of the screen under "paid subscriptions". Another question is what if I donated? I have had some ask this who donated a week ago and some 3 months ago, here is the problem with doing this, everyone who donated in the last year will want a credit. If the membership were more than just $2.00 per month, I would consider some parameters for this. I have also had some inquiry about the expenses of SGN. SGN is a business, it is part of Seattle Guns LLC and is a profit company. If it were a non profit organization, I would make that info available to the paying membership of that organization. SGN is a 2nd job for me in which I do for very little money, I need to make money for my time and to continue to keep SGN operating at a quality level.
    I hope this clarifies this for everyone and like I said in the email, I appreciate those of you who continue to support and be a part of the SGN community.

Norm

SGN Prince of Puyallup zombie66's Avatar

Re: SGN Tiered Subscription membership info thread

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinus211 View Post
    Jesus fuck. Orion I've stood up for you on many occasions, from nonsense 9mm bouncing off insurgents to downtown Seattle security guard "I am the law" rants. As respectfully as this can possibly be said, go shove a pineapple up your ass.

Banned

<----Plaaaaaaaaaaaya

OST for later

It's now later ... as I located the paid subscription portion:

Platinum membership

Cost: -------- US$25.00 This is a paid membership for members who wish to support SGN on a regular basis. Some of the benefits of this group is an increase in pm capacity, Dark blue bold colored name, high lighted thread posting, photo album capability, ability to post in for sale ads and more features soon to come, such as a chat room. **Be sure to read the "sticky" thread in the Premier member Forum.** All paid subscriptions are non refundable.

Gold Membership

Cost: -------- US$6.00 This is a paid usergroup that gives you full use of the board. You get access to the classifieds, ability to send and receive pm's, increased pm capability, avatars and profile pics. Subscriptions are non refundable.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am I reading the feautures incorrectly ?

If you purchase a Gold membership you are not allowed to place a for sale ad ?

I highlighted the portion under the platinum that states placing for sale ads as a feature, I am not seeing that under the Gold Membership ??

I think above in your initial statement it said buying a Gold Membership grants you the full access you have now ( which is obviously placing for sale ads / plus many others things as well )

What am I missing ??

Edited to add ...

Are you refererring to posting comments in others for sale ads as a feauture of Platinum ? I thought that was nixed during the switch-over ?

I'll check in tomorrow when the dust settles and it's spelled out alittle more clearly
    Last edited by StrkAliteN; 07-02-2012 at 09:45 PM.

Sharp Shooter

complete

Can you lay out what exactly we get for each tier of membership in a clear and concise manner? And what exactly will be restricted if we are non paying members?

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, I just need to know what my money buys me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco75
    i would eat jizz before you can fuck my wife...i just wont take it from the tap
    if Trump wins I will buy all you fuckers a Glock...but not a used SGN one...

Quote Originally Posted by rayjax82 View Post
    Can you lay out what exactly we get for each tier of membership in a clear and concise manner? And what exactly will be restricted if we are non paying members?

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, I just need to know what my money buys me.
    This
    Gun's are like crack but they retain their value after using them.

IQ implants.
    "He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
    -Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by rayjax82 View Post
    And what exactly will be restricted if we are non paying members?
    I was wondering this too.
    Quote Originally Posted by RapmasterT View Post
    Are you sure it was a guy you know? Are you sure it wasn't...nothing?
    Red Flags - by Soldier Hard [www.redcon1musicgroup.org]

I mean granted, I just went platinum just because. But still.
    i would eat jizz before you can fuck my wife...i just wont take it from the tap
    if Trump wins I will buy all you fuckers a Glock...but not a used SGN one...