Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: SGN Tiered Subscription membership info thread

Feedback Score
    124 (100%)

Re: SGN Tiered Subscription membership info thread

I'll give you all the "Free" tickets you want next time.

Tactical Operator spikedzombies's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by richdkim View Post
    I'll give you all the "Free" tickets you want next time.
    pft if i ever get stopped in tacoma, ill make sure to throw your name around..

I dont hate people, I just hate you... But I Love redheads!!!

Yes I have my business license.. NO I Won't give you a discount unless your a redhead..

Feedback Score
    124 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by spikedzombies View Post
    pft if i ever get stopped in tacoma, ill make sure to throw your name around..
    Then you'll definitely get no breaks!!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Classic View Post
    It will be nice not seeing $800 used glocks

Wish I saw this earlier, I drove within a few block's of Wes's place and I would have given him the cash... Damn, looks like I'll have to drive to the range, shoot a 3-400
    rounds and give Wes money on the way home

And I was just there today oh well, another trip on the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalAssault View Post
    Instead of complaining about a free site why don't you try reading the fucking board announcements and the reference section.
    Somewhere in kenya a village is missing it's idiot!!

Banned
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

really? matt would be rolling over in his grave. well, thanks for all the years of free fun and i hope this site goes down hill fast!

Tactical Operator spikedzombies's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by absolute View Post
    really? matt would be rolling over in his grave. well, thanks for all the years of free fun and i hope this site goes down hill fast!
    its funny, i hope you get syphilis fast

this site doesnt belong to matt, it belongs to norm... plain and simple...

Last edited by spikedzombies; 07-03-2012 at 01:38 AM.
    I dont hate people, I just hate you... But I Love redheads!!!

Yes I have my business license.. NO I Won't give you a discount unless your a redhead..

Banned
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by spikedzombies View Post
    its funny, i hope you get syphilis fast
    thats funny because o wait that wasnt funny but it was free so i cant complain.

Sharp Shooter
    Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

I believe in some ways this will help SGN, however I also believe it will equally or even more so hurt it. Yes it will weed out some of the members who sell something then leave, or plague the site with arguments without ever actually buying or selling something. It will also weed out a lot of potential buyers who for whatever reason do not want to pay to have the option to buy a gun through a private party. Any seller on here should be against this new cost because it will seriously limit their spectrum of buyers. Lets not fool ourselves into thinking that every new member is a felon, criminal ect... It will also probably weed out that naive seller who posts his gun or something passed down to him for sale at a steal price. The ones we see here on SGN that are bought literally minutes after they are posted. It has already been stated and I also agree that this will create a "boys club" of limited members. How many times can you pass that same gun around the new limited pool?

What keeps SGN new, evolving and the market continually moving and growing is the continual influx of new members bringing new WTS's and desires to buy, not the same old member base. This is what is/was great about SGN and what separated it from the rest (apart from the obvious difference that we are buying and selling guns here)

There has been a lot of complaining about the "craiglist" flakes... I'm sorry, I thought that you all were intelligent adults who could/can work a transaction and communicate with potential buyers and figure out that the "buyer" is actually going to meet you. You all have phones, do you not talk on the phone with the buyer the day of or hour before to ensure that you are actually going to meet someone?

I don't see how this new cost is actually going to help SGN apart from what advertisements could not achieve, so from how I understand it anyone will be able to see and post in the discussion section, so you still have the public screwing that up, but they can't view or contact you about your WTS add... how did that help you again, you just severely limited your customer base.

For the FFL dealers, are you enjoying knowing that your customer base was just severely limited because the general public (as I understand it) can't view your WTS adds.

Many other sites have advertisements on the side of the screen, why not employ the use of advertisements to offset costs rather than driving away potential members who could be a future seller or buyer.

I am curious what percent of the members are going to not pay this cost and effectively drop SGN. I will not be paying it. Call me a cheapskate or what you will. So far I see a lot of members commenting on this who are on SGN everyday if not multiple times a day, SGN is arguably equally a social sphere to you than a place to buy and sell guns. You are forgetting that the majority of SGN members are not as dedicated as you, its actually hypocritical because you claim you want to weed out useless members but after this happens how long will it be before you post another thread complaining about how you can't sell your gun/item that would have sold already before the members were cut.

Or, another way of looking at it, how many of you will miss out on buying a item because the potential seller left or chose not to join SGN due to the cost.

Some of you will say good riddance, some of you may understand this thought process. The point is, No one in any successful business would advise you to make a move that will cut your current and future customer base by a significant percentage.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Before implementation of fees: Bitching, whining, and overpriced Glocks.
    After implementation of fees: Bitching, whining, and overpriced Glocks.

That's my prediction, but it's understandable that a fee needs to be charged to support the website, and I'm not against that idea. But I'm not sure if the flakers would even be deterred by a $6 fee (hopefully they would be).

I'm going to spend $6 and see how the quarter goes. Hopefully the forum increases in quality without sacrificing its user base.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Wtt norm ammo for membership!

Just gotta figure out the PayPal...

Save a child. Shoot a drug dealer. My favorite bumper sticker

?....do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.