Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: SGN Tiered Subscription membership info thread

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Re: SGN Tiered Subscription membership info thread

I am not convinced that SGN will be exactly how it is now. I paid the $6 because I love SGN, I have donated several times and would be more than happy to pay to keep things the same. That being said I do have the same concerns of a "boys club" of the same small group of users passing the same stuff around.

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr Shooter View Post
    I would suggest the opposite.

People know what $6 will get them. 90 days of SGN exactly how it is now. I suggest that they don't pay and see what the site is like for free. Then they will be able to compare "how it was" to "how it is" then they will notice the benefit to paying that small fee of $6.

If I owe you feedback let me know.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)

anyone suggest a life membership?

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by YugoSks View Post
    anyone suggest a life membership?
    I think that is an excellent idea. I also think that anyone with xxxx amount of posts should already be considered long time member, get life time membership at discount.

Good job norm, this should have been done awhile ago.

Winning duh!!!

Feedback Score
    80 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dmiller79 View Post
    I am not convinced that SGN will be exactly how it is now. I paid the $6 because I love SGN, I have donated several times and would be more than happy to pay to keep things the same. That being said I do have the same concerns of a "boys club" of the same small group of users passing the same stuff around.
    Diversity of opinion is always fine. For myself - I'm not here to buy or sell a few mags, misc. parts or other low value items - more like valuable firearms related things. I've sold a few of my personal collection on national forums and been charged a percentage fee, exceeding the cost of SGN membership -

I think any reasonable seller should consider the 'marketing cost' of listing items for sale comparatively and decide on that basis. I too am in a wait and see mode in terms of value for the $, but don't expect to see a small group of people exchanging the same items -

I'd rather buy from and sell to someone who has enough smarts to think it through and is willing to make a small investment to reach a qualified buyer audiance - that's just the way business is run.

There's always Craigslist or NWFirearms, Gunbroker or GunsAmerica - for free and for fee.

To Ride, Shoot Straight, And Speak The Truth
    - Jeff Cooper

Marksman
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I enjoy the sight and have met a few of the members. I am pretty silent but have sold and bought many items here. There will be fewer members and less items for sale. On my limited budget I will not be adding another bill to my pile. I think the sight loses out on alot when we force pay to play.

Gary

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

I cannot believe that people are getting up in arms about paying $2 a month.... That is less than one beer, less than a magazine, less than 1/2 gallon of gas.

Quote Originally Posted by sagewa View Post
    Hell, I have to hit it with a rubber mallet, and even then it only gets hard in the middle

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ARTT1 View Post
    I cannot believe that people are getting up in arms about paying $2 a month.... That is less than one beer, less than a magazine, less than 1/2 gallon of gas.
    I think most of them are complaining over the "principle". Not the $2 a month. They are being asked to pay a very small fee for something they have been getting for free. But...TANSTAAFL.

"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
    -Groucho Marx

Feedback Score
    80 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevytruckman View Post
    I think that is an excellent idea. I also think that anyone with xxxx amount of posts should already be considered long time member, get life time membership at discount.

Good job norm, this should have been done awhile ago.
    I (qualitively) support the subscription model - but don't think lifetime membership is a good idea, unless there is a reasonable certainity of a lifetime of service/existance. As it is, the site could close, ownership could take it another direction.

Lifetime membership implys a higher/longer level of contract between the provider/subscriber; could expose owership to liability

A substantially discounted annual membership would be better, in my view, like $75 vs. $100 - 12 months for the price of 9.

To Ride, Shoot Straight, And Speak The Truth
    - Jeff Cooper

Sharp Shooter
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

I have really enjoyed SGN for quite a few years, and have been able to meet some great people in the process.

Hope this works out for everyone, been fun while it lasted..... My choice is not financial as the fee is literally pocket change, just don't want the hassle of setting up PayPal and maintaining the fees. I too see it evolving into a smaller core group of the members that generally post more for the social aspect of the site, and a diminished market for selling / buying.

Best of luck - Shooter (Matt)

Banned
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by uberguy View Post
    I (qualitively) support the subscription model - but don't think lifetime membership is a good idea, unless there is a reasonable certainity of a lifetime of service/existance. As it is, the site could close, ownership could take it another direction.

Lifetime membership implys a higher/longer level of contract between the provider/subscriber; could expose owership to liability

A substantially discounted annual membership would be better, in my view, like $75 vs. $100 - 12 months for the price of 9.
    Oh, and if someone does it as an annual membership they become a "Diamond Member"