Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: SGN Tiered Subscription membership info thread

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Re: SGN Tiered Subscription membership info thread

I am a member of 5 forums, not gun related, that require a membership for access to the classifieds. You guys are making way too big a deal out of this.

"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
    -Groucho Marx

Expert Shooter
    Feedback Score

Just make the classifieds open to everyone and everything else, if they want to see it, membership only. Info cost money. If you want info, you need to be a member and pay for it.

Seems to me the best solution for all.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Progunguy View Post
    Just make the classifieds open to everyone and everything else, if they want to see it, membership only. Info cost money. If you want info, you need to be a member and pay for it.

Seems to me the best solution for all.
    No.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by azrael_cervale View Post
    I think the previous idea of allowing non paying members to view but not PM is pretty good but that would mean no Phone numbers or Email addys in posts. It would show the new members what they would be paying for.

+1

Washington CPL.
    If Elmer Fudd had hair, he would definitely be a ginger.

Sharp Shooter
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

The Smith and Wesson forum does too. If you don't donate, you get these HUGE ads in your face. This was recently implemented and seems to be working.

There have been some complaints but overall memmbership has actually increased to almost 100,000!

So, things could be worse here. We could have Google Ads all over the place. Don't believe me? See for yourself.

I don't mind donating here. Not at all. However, limiting the classified section to members only doesn't make sense. Specifically the FOR SALE section. If I have a gun for sale, I don't want just the members to see it. Other ootential buyers should be able to see them too. If they want the gun, they can donate. Heck, I would even knock two dollars off the price of my gun!!

Last edited by bobk; 07-03-2012 at 12:32 PM.

Feedback Score
    67 (100%)

Alright. I personally have heard enough. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Here are my thoughts on this. I'll touch on the stats above me that Rick posted for AR15.com. Who the hell would want to pay $24 a year for that little bit of shit you get when guys are bitching about $24 a year for full access to SGN? Who would want to pay $60 a year for an email address and to be able to bookmark threads when they complain about $24 a year for full access to SGN? $100 a year? You might as well ask to have their first born child.

The standard unpaid user gets access to the entire site minus the sales/wanted section.

Paid users ($6 a quarter) get full access to SGN the way it is now.

Platinum Members get full access to SGN, highlighted threads, their own sub forum and access to a chat room. (Coming)

Some of you guys make no sense in your comments. If you don't want to pay $6 a quarter here you can pay $25 a week for an add in the little Nickel. You can run your ad for a month in the WAC magazine to which only MEMBERS of WAC will see. You can pay $8 for one DAY to visit a WAC show to which only MEMBERS can buy your gun. To the guy that said there shouldn't be a fee for buying...If you go to a WAC show and tell them you only want to buy do they let you in for free? Of course not. Did you know that the actual entrance fee to WAC is only $6 but they charge you $8 and the other $2 gets donated to someplace you might not agree with? So if you go to a WAC show and tell them you don't want to donate to that cause do they let you in for $6? No. They force you to pay the full $8.

Considering you have to be a member at WAC to buy and sell guns and that membership is $35 for a year you are still paying less to be a member of SGN. You avoid all the BS, stinky people, driving to the shows, being told you have to disarm, etc. So for $35 you get to deal with all that bullshit plus a significantly lower number of buyers and sellers on any given day and only available twice a month IF you travel to both shows.

For $24 a year at SGN you can sit in the comfort of your home, armed, smoking a cigar, drinking a beer, or whatever it is you do. No one to deal with while you browse except your family. A very much larger buy/sell section that runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

"There's two things in life you can't take back... Bullets and words. So make sure you hit what you aim at and make sure you mean what you say."

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Get em TA!

Enough said there I think. Might as well lock thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadi View Post
    If you guys are swapping meat, OhShoot is definitely interested.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

I've only made a dozen or so transactions on here. The very first one, I saved way more than $25. I'm in, this is a great place to BS, research projects, ask questions and meet people. Local people. Local people into the same stuff as I am. Local people into the same stuff that I am, that believe in fair dealings with each other. This is a no brainer for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalAssault View Post
    You're under the misconception that they will give you $100 for it. In reality is says "up to $100" so it's quite possible they would only offer you a $10 or $20 gift card. Way to sell your soul though.

Feedback Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by steveptr View Post
    Since when has jb put a gun up for top dollar??? Usually his stuff is very reasonable...
    +1 jb is always priced right. If I could afford his taste in guns I'd have him on speed dial!

On a more personal note i'm pricing all my for sale ads an extra $6 from now on. $500 item is $506 from here on out....bitches.

Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Not trying to complain but I have an issue with this, not because of the money but because it will certainly detur some existing members and a lot of potential members. Maybe that's good for some but I don't think so.

I'll buy in and see how the first three months go. I do think that non-paying members should have access to the for sale section....just my .02

I realize this is a work in progress so I'll cross my fingers.