Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 332

Thread: SGN Tiered Subscription membership info thread

  1. #291
    Sharp Shooter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tacoma
    Posts
    583
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

    Re: SGN Tiered Subscription membership info thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalAssault View Post
    He didn't put him down. He asked a question in a smart ass way. There is nothing in our rules that says people can't be a smart ass. He didn't call him any demeaning names, ethnic, racial or sexual slurs.

    He's not looked over by the Admin...I'm right here paying attention to everything like always. If he crosses the line I will handle it. If you think it's such bullshit I can gladly turn my attention to you instead. How about if you have such a problem with him take it up in PM's, add him to your foes list so you don't have to see anything he posts or just ignore him altogether?
    "I can gladly turn my attention to you instead" TA with all do respect but your heavy handed tactics are creating quite a buzz. I have admired your dedication and passion to make SGN what it is today, but Sir you should be a little more respectful. Not all of us are here to cause drama and seeing your reply to this member is disheartning. If you would like to communicate any further please feel free to PM me. Thank You for your Consideration and have a Wonderful 4th.


  2. #292
    Jedi Knight John Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sea
    Posts
    10,097
    Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

    Re: SGN Tiered Subscription membership info thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Glocksteady View Post
    "I can gladly turn my attention to you instead" TA with all do respect but your heavy handed tactics are creating quite a buzz. I have admired your dedication and passion to make SGN what it is today, but Sir you should be a little more respectful. Not all of us are here to cause drama and seeing your reply to this member is disheartning. If you would like to communicate any further please feel free to PM me. Thank You for your Consideration and have a Wonderful 4th.
    You think maybe he's sick of dealing with babies?

    Edited to note: not directed at anyone in particular.

    But since the forum upgrade, he's had to deal with:

    People who cannot read at all.
    People who refuse to read board announcements.
    People who don't follow the rules
    People who ask the same questions over and over
    People bitching about $2 a month
    People bitching about the people bitching.

    And much more.

    Last edited by John Brown; 07-04-2012 at 04:28 PM.
    "He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
    -Groucho Marx

  3. #293
    Sniper
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,907
    Feedback Score
    95 (100%)

    Re: SGN Tiered Subscription membership info thread

    There's never a shortage of drama, which in my opinion is worth the price of admission.


  4. #294
    Sharp Shooter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tacoma
    Posts
    583
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

    Re: SGN Tiered Subscription membership info thread

    I have donated to SGN before this new system. In my opinion $24 a Year is cheap.

    Last edited by Glocksteady; 07-04-2012 at 04:55 PM.

  5. #295
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Puyallup
    Posts
    106
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Re: SGN Tiered Subscription membership info thread

    Quote Originally Posted by John Brown View Post
    You think maybe he's sick of dealing with babies?

    Edited to note: not directed at anyone in particular.

    But since the forum upgrade, he's had to deal with:

    People who cannot read at all.
    People who refuse to read board announcements.
    People who don't follow the rules
    People who ask the same questions over and over
    People bitching about $2 a month
    People bitching about the people bitching.

    And much more.
    Well now, it appears this site is a business. In as much the owner and subordinates now must deal with its 'customers' with professionalism regardless of stupidity or ignorance of the customers. Its a hard road and one that needs much detachment from personal feelings and opinions to be a proffessional and understanding business representative.
    Not everyone gets it or fully understands presented a way another would.


  6. #296
    SGN Dog Food Sniper sinus211's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lynnwood
    Posts
    6,998
    Feedback Score
    70 (100%)

    Re: SGN Tiered Subscription membership info thread

    Quote Originally Posted by STED9R View Post
    Well now, it appears this site is a business. In as much the owner and subordinates now must deal with its 'customers' with professionalism regardless of stupidity or ignorance of the customers. Its a hard road and one that needs much detachment from personal feelings and opinions to be a proffessional and understanding business representative.
    Not everyone gets it or fully understands presented a way another would.
    True, but $2 a month doesn't buy people a whole lot of room to complain.

    Licensed/Bonded/Insured Hardwood Floor Installer/Finisher http://www.hardwoodfloorsnw.com/

  7. #297
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lacey
    Posts
    4,685
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

    Re: SGN Tiered Subscription membership info thread

    When will this thread become


  8. #298
    Jedi Knight John Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sea
    Posts
    10,097
    Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

    Re: SGN Tiered Subscription membership info thread

    This forum is a collection of very unique personalities. Unlike a certain forum down south, where people are not allowed to be individuals, and everyone ends up seeming like they are sterile clones, with no personalities. That alone makes SGN unique.

    There are knowledgeable folks on here. Comedians. Goofballs. Cranky old farts. Collectors. FFL's. Hunters. Competition shooters. Casual shooters. Students. Retirees. Veterans. Whackos. Music critics. And a few porn addicts.

    It's worth $2 a month just for the personalities, IMO.

    Once this is settled in and none of this is news any longer, the forum can get back to its "personaility".

    "He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
    -Groucho Marx

  9. #299
    Operator steveptr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    2,778
    Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

    Re: SGN Tiered Subscription membership info thread

    i agree with JB. once it all settles then it start to grow again

    Save a child. Shoot a drug dealer. My favorite bumper sticker


    ?....do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

  10. #300
    Marksman tvhunts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Sno. Co.
    Posts
    183
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)

    Re: SGN Tiered Subscription membership info thread

    Holy shit, this is really out of control and in a disgusting way pretty damn funny.

    FACT: This site is owned by an individual and it takes money to run it. He has the right to make these changes at any damn time he pleases, period. The fact that he now wants to charge for it makes for a simple decision for each of us, is there value in this site for me? If your answer is no then move on. If it provides you with a place to make a good buy or two or six or, sell one or two or six guns, ammo or whatever, then you have to weigh it's value to you. IMO you flat can't get a better value, period. The money you save on taxes, FFL fees, listing fees etc. far exceeds what a gold membership will cost you for $24.00 fricking dollars per YEAR.

    Next time you are at a game and you pay 7.50 for a 16 or 20 oz beer, or 8.00 at a club or bar for a single shot drink remember that for $6.00 miserable dollars you could have bought this membership fee for 3 months. This is cheap ass entertainment! NO one is entitled to this for free. Because it WAS free didn't mean it was always going to be. Again, it is privately owned BUSINESS and you and I are NOT entitled to it for free. Do any of us want this site to end up like CL where when you post something you risk viruses, spam and all the bullshit? I sure and the hell don't! If $24.00 per year keeps this from happening then I am all in.

    So if there is value for you pony up, if there is no value for you then move on. Had alot of the USERS of the site ponied up and donated previously then who knows, maybe this wouldn't have had to have happened. For those who think the site will tank now, keep in touch, and please let us know how crow tastes! My .02






    OneBigAssMistakeAmerica

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •